Printed Clothes

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Rosh
Peon
Peon

Printed Clothes

Post by Rosh »

There could be a way to print the first letter of the players name or other tiny pictures onto the clothes.
It could be linked to another quest.

Feel free to add more ideas refering to printed clothes.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Re: Printed Clothes

Post by Black Don »

OMG! Who is going to do all 26 letters of the alphabet for all 72 (54 if you mirror the left/right animations) frames of the equipment sprites?

Edit: Fixed my alphabet math :oops: who really uses Q and X any ways?

For those of you who are not understanding the undertaking this would be let me lay it out of you.

26 letters time the amount of sprites for one shirt 72 equals 1872 pictures that have to be adjusted, then times 1872 to the amount of different shirts you would like to have all the letters on. So if any one wants to do this go right ahead cause no one is going to do it for you.
Last edited by Black Don on 29 Oct 2009, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

Don there are 26 letters :mrgreen:
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

why are C and Q useless? well in anycase, feel free to pixel everything and then we might consider it.
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Tahli
Novice
Novice

Post by Tahli »

Black Don wrote:OMG! Who is going to do all 24 letters of the alphabet for all 72 (54 if you mirror the left/right animations) frames of the equipment sprites?
There's 26 letters in the alphabet. And anyway, Not all equipment obviously, probably just robes and sweaters and cotton shirts.
:DTahli, Admin on three servers that are not my own. :D
Tahli
Novice
Novice

Post by Tahli »

Dyna wrote:Don there are 26 letters :mrgreen:
Pupil, student, same thing.
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark Lord »

Refer to my Signature userbar. Something like that image would be good :D
Regards
DarkLord

Dark Lord, DarkLord* In Game and lvl 50 Image

And a beginner pixel-artist :D

Code: Select all

Code? What code?
drewtoma
Peon
Peon

Post by drewtoma »

What if you let people make there own shirts and implement them in the game and maby even sell them if they so choose. If we were allowed to do that I would defiantly do it. :mrgreen:
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

anyone is free to make stuff for the game but all art work is subject to quality control before being put into the game.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
drewtoma
Peon
Peon

Post by drewtoma »

I am going to make graphic t-s that say TMW. :mrgreen:
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark Lord »

drewtoma wrote:I am going to make graphic t-s that say TMW. :mrgreen:
WTF This guy is too eager. Anyone can pixel, but not necessarily game quality. My cap definetely needs editing. P.S. don't show a screenie of yourself. You are a noob :lol:
Regards
DarkLord

Dark Lord, DarkLord* In Game and lvl 50 Image

And a beginner pixel-artist :D

Code: Select all

Code? What code?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

The ability to have logos or emblems on clothes isn't uninteresting. Shields with guild emblems come to mind.

But I would implement it as an additional subsprite and not put it on the sprite itself. This allows more flexibility, like using the same emblem for different equipment items of the same category.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Tahli
Novice
Novice

Post by Tahli »

Black Don wrote:OMG! Who is going to do all 26 letters of the alphabet for all 72 (54 if you mirror the left/right animations) frames of the equipment sprites?

For those of you who are not understanding the undertaking this would be let me lay it out of you.

26 letters time the amount of sprites for one shirt 72 equals 1872 pictures that have to be adjusted, then times 1872 to the amount of different shirts you would like to have all the letters on. So if any one wants to do this go right ahead cause no one is going to do it for you.
Are you f#cking kidding me? what are you on about? there are more than 72 equipment sprites. have you looked at any of the real clothes and not just hats?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Tahli wrote:
Black Don wrote:OMG! Who is going to do all 26 letters of the alphabet for all 72 (54 if you mirror the left/right animations) frames of the equipment sprites?

Are you f#cking kidding me? what are you on about? there are more than 72 equipment sprites. have you looked at any of the real clothes and not just hats?
Most equipment has 72 frames per gender.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

Tahli wrote:

This whole replay shows that you have no idea of the amount of work that goes into making one sprite sheet for one peace of equipment. I have made many so I do understand. I tried to explain the amount of work needed here but apparently failed at that. But hey thank for showing everyone that you don't know what you are taking about.