[EDIT] Land Of The Lost

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Zaccheo
Peon
Peon

Re: [EDIT] Here comes a NEW tmw server!

Post by Zaccheo »

i wrote:Zaccheo: I'm just wondering, how do you plan gather developers to work on yours project instead of tmw?
Well there are many ways, IRC for one, then there are the people in game that do not want to help TMW, and some of the times they will help ;)
i wrote:short period of time
haha, no one said anything about a short period of time
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

~Zaccheo
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

i wrote:And at least do you aware that if your team will create nice content it will be assimilated (back ported) by tmw, so starting with content from scratch isn't really good idea.
That depends on if art style, etc, match. They don't have to.

Will you use eAthena or TMWServ (recommended)?
Zaccheo
Peon
Peon

Post by Zaccheo »

Jaxad0127 wrote:Will you use eAthena or TMWserv (recommended)?
We will be using eAthena for the time being.

~Zaccheo
Zaccheo
Peon
Peon

Post by Zaccheo »

We have a IRC now!

irc.freenode.net
#LOTL

everyone is welcome to join!!!!

~Zaccheo
Zaccheo
Peon
Peon

Post by Zaccheo »

Zaccheo wrote:
Jaxad0127 wrote:Will you use eAthena or TMWserv (recommended)?
We will be using eAthena for the time being.

~Zaccheo
edit: We will be using eAthena.

~Zaccheo
Zaccheo
Peon
Peon

Post by Zaccheo »

Is there anyone that is a good writer? We are in need of a back story, and i dont believe my unimaginational mind can come up with one. If you happen to write one just post it on our forum at: http://landofthelost.freeforums.org/back-story-t20.html

~Zaccheo
Zaccheo
Peon
Peon

Post by Zaccheo »

Dallas wrote:Intro:
There was once a poor rebel who wanted to break away from the Kingdom he currently resided in.. He was to be addressed as Mr Z. His only hope of being able to start over was to create his own tmw server.

Body:
100 years later.. no progress was done and the fate of Mr Z was never told.

Conclusion:
Failllllllllllll.

I kid.. :lol:
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
Jaxad's favorite phrase.
Jaxad0127 normally would have wrote:...

~Zaccheo
Zaccheo
Peon
Peon

Post by Zaccheo »

Here is our somewhat of a website we will in the future have a proper website ;)
http://sites.google.com/site/lotlsite/home

~Zaccheo
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

SpamMaster wrote:Try "medieval" :roll:
SpamMaster, could you be so nice and go trolling o Mr. Z's forum? ;)

Zaccheo: Grown up, and read at least one book about managing of human resources. From your attitude I see that you have absolutely no idea what shape that game should have. And I got one more question: How old are you? 15?
Zaccheo
Peon
Peon

Post by Zaccheo »

i wrote:SpamMaster, could you be so nice and go trolling o Mr. Z's forum? ;)
:evil:

~Zaccheo
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Zaccheo: And of course don't know that double- or multi-posting is not elegant solution of quoting two or more people. When I was in your age I also thought I could do anything and anywhere. Hopefully life validates that ;) And now I'm just a mere pixel artist trying to help develop my favorite open source project. But starting a new project with no fresh ideas is IMO a huge mistake. It's not like we warn you or something, it will be supposedly waste of time and efforts. I know that you are blinded by fact that you will be in charge of everything. Oh well, you are 18, so you know better.

And you maybe ask who the f**k I am to make give you advices. I'm 25. I got wife. I have not dog. I wish to have cat. It's boring today. Oh! Let's make a new tmw server! Maybe I will call it "Zaccheo imaginary twisted land of furious and curious people who called themselves developers".
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

i wrote:Zaccheo: And of course don't know that double- or multi-posting is not elegant solution of quoting two or more people. When I was in your age I also thought I could do anything and anywhere. Hopefully life validates that ;) And now I'm just a mere pixel artist trying to help develop my favorite open source project. But starting a new project with no fresh ideas is IMO a huge mistake. It's not like we warn you or something, it will be supposedly waste of time and efforts. I know that you are blinded by fact that you will be in charge of everything. Oh well, you are 18, so you know better.

And you maybe ask who the f**k I am to make give you advices. I'm 25. I got wife. I have not dog. I wish to have cat. It's boring today. Oh! Let's make a new tmw server! Maybe I will call it "Zaccheo imaginary twisted land of furious and curious people who called themselves developers".
Why is it a mistake?
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Zaccheo
Peon
Peon

Post by Zaccheo »

baseballboy wrote:
i wrote:Zaccheo: And of course don't know that double- or multi-posting is not elegant solution of quoting two or more people. When I was in your age I also thought I could do anything and anywhere. Hopefully life validates that ;) And now I'm just a mere pixel artist trying to help develop my favorite open source project. But starting a new project with no fresh ideas is IMO a huge mistake. It's not like we warn you or something, it will be supposedly waste of time and efforts. I know that you are blinded by fact that you will be in charge of everything. Oh well, you are 18, so you know better.

Why is it a mistake?
+1 for what BaseBall said

~Zaccheo
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

I wish you good luck, I feel that you definately have the stuff to make your new server a huge success! :)
I've got the feeling you may be able to outperform the sucky "official" server at the moment!

Thanks for working on this, really! I cannot await to register myself on your server :D