In-game hugging

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Hugging?

Yes
69%
Yes, but not like this.
16%
No, not at all.
16%

Total votes: 32
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

In-game hugging

Post by Modanung »

I was thinking how it would be hella fun if players were able to hug eachother. :D

1) Player A walks next to Player B and hits the hug-key. Or he/she chooses "Hug Player B" from the action menu.
2) Player B gets hugged, but doesn't hug back yet.
3A) Player B hugs back. Now you have a complete, succesful hug. :wink:
3B) Player B turns out not to be in a huggy mood, and walks away. Leaving a sad, denied Player A. :(

If player Player B does not respond at all (e.a. because he's afk), the hug ends after a few seconds or when Player A walks away.

NPC's should be huggable too, they could just look like you're a looney, or some could hug back. This should be a variable in their script:
1=Unhuggable (for dogs, small treasure chests and midgents)
2=Huggable (for boring NPC's)
3=Hugs back (for barmaids, clowns and holistic healers)
Maybe we could even allow players to hug trees, that would be less obvious, and not in the action menu. And then we could have one tree in the game that actually hugs back. :D
Hehe, makes me think of Bjorn... we could also have a huge snowpenis in a cold area. ;)

And the holistic healer makes me think too, it could actually have a real function. By hugging certain players, NPC's or doodads you could actually gain HP/SP or GP if you're a thief. Or you could lose HP when hugging a vampire or GP when hugging a pickpocket.

I think this feature would add a lot to the game... or at least people would love it. And if you don't and walk around in a PvP area, you can always stab the one who's trying to hug you in the ribs, dealing triple damage. ;)
(or use a siegeweapon for that, if you know "The Gamers" by Dead Gentlemen Productions)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I'd like to hug you when you have so nice ideas. It could bring a lot of innovation to our game and I agree it could be fun to hug and be hugged or see other players hugging. (Very nice comic strip). The drawback is the we need more frames but I think we can limit it to 1 for each direction, so 4 more for the playerset and 4 more for every chest equipmentset. I'm not sure yet about npcs and trees though (forget about snow), this will require a lot more work and probably every tree should be drawed in a particular way to be hugged. I guess we will see about that...
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Elven Programmer wrote:I'd like to hug you when you have so nice ideas.
I can't wait till the reallife meeting. ;)
Elven Programmer wrote:The drawback is the we need more frames but I think we can limit it to 1 for each direction, so 4 more for the playerset and 4 more for every chest equipmentset.
I think it's hard to make a frame that is good for hugging AND for hugging back. So that's 2 for every direction.
And maybe we'd need another one for being hugged but not hugging back, like just being squeezed.
Elven Programmer wrote:I'm not sure yet about npcs and trees though (forget about snow), this will require a lot more work and probably every tree should be drawed in a particular way to be hugged. I guess we will see about that...
Could be just one tree in the entire game. It would be slightly different, or have fireflies around it, so the keeneyed will see there's something different. Some would probably try to hug it. And then there would be a message from the server "You're a hippy!". :P
Ofcourse this would be somewhere deep inside some forrest.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Kineticstorm
Novice
Novice

Post by Kineticstorm »

Haha, hippies :lol:

Anyway, I think it's an interesting idea.
Especially the gaining GP from hugging part. :twisted:
I love you too. :)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Modanung should do a weekly strip about the development and progress to show on the front page, that was hilarious. :)
This message used to be meaningful.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Rotonen wrote:Modanung should do a weekly strip about the development and progress to show on the front page, that was hilarious. :)
Hehe, I prefer working on game content, thank you. :P
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

hug key? not needed...

just tpe
/hug playername
in the chatbox
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

*if* you actually implement that, i demand you also add a "hump" key :twisted:
Scooterman
Peon
Peon

Post by Scooterman »

yes, ktm is right!! Why not expand this to only hugs, but how about a friend slap when you found some comrade, one of them asks for a slap (something abou a hand and a interrogation) and if the other one agree, the action is done(showing a hand and a exclamation by example). This can expanded to a invite to dance, fight too, etc. Many many possibilities.
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Tenche »

ehhhhhhhh.... no Cause immature little kids will run around huggin eachother and plus it will get in the way of combat ;)
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Scooterman wrote:yes, ktm is right!! Why not expand this to only hugs, but how about a friend slap when you found some comrade, one of them asks for a slap (something abou a hand and a interrogation) and if the other one agree, the action is done(showing a hand and a exclamation by example). This can expanded to a invite to dance, fight too, etc. Many many possibilities.
Because this will mean an exponential growth in frames needed, and we still lack artists :wink:
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

A twisted vision: a rock - paper - scissors -logic system where hugging would be one of the previously mentioned.. :)

"I counter your deathblow with a hug! :twisted: "
This message used to be meaningful.
nym
Novice
Novice

Post by nym »

I dont care about hugging... but rock paper scissors would be an awesome addition! :D
YOU ARE READING THIS!
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Hug would be paper
Punch would be rock
and stab would be scissors then :)

Put uhm... I'd like people just to hug eachother, espacially now. ;)
Shadow_Virus
Peon
Peon

Post by Shadow_Virus »

why oh why would you want hugging its a waste of resources and perfetic i was surprised to see that most people said yes.