How to bring the project back to its previous shape.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.

Do you agree?

Yep, you were holding this 3 years so you know how.
68%
Nay, I love how it is now.
32%

Total votes: 31
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

How to bring the project back to its previous shape.

Post by Platyna »

Another stupid poll to hear vox populi:

1. Removal of inactive GMs.

2. Removal of developers from managing "production" server and community (besides the tools used for the development) - No
developers in GM file. I do not hide I did not resigned from eathena management just to see it being whisked away on Jaxad - and if it is to be like like that I want to come back to eathena admin role.

3. Removal of pokemons such as Delasia or doorsman. E. g. Delasia is not smarter than my coffee mug and doorsman sits in her pocket, not to mention several "usual" players in this game seems to use their GM friends to do dirty things for them (like bashing their enemies), I have seen several cases on my very own eyes. Well why our players are to act differently if this is the project admin who brought nepotism?

4. Resign from backward compatibility.

Such simple four steps to make this to be plausible again - for all.

Regards.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: How to bring the project back to its previous shape.

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Platyna wrote:2. Removal of developers from managing "production" server and community (besides the tools used for the development) - No developers in GM file. I do not hide I did not resigned from eathena management just to see it being whisked away on Jaxad - and if it is to be like like that I want to come back to eathena admin role.
I'll rename that file right now then. Account level is a far better description of what it does anyways.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Rename what file to what?

I suggested you dozen times that I can setup you a server to play with with separate account, own IP etc. or even another one - preproduction that we can use to sync finished changes with our official one but no, you and Crush preferred to stick your noses where you shouldn't.

Regards.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Platyna wrote:Rename what file to what?

I suggested you dozen times that I can setup you a server to play with with separate account, own IP etc. or even another one - preproduction that we can use to sync finished changes with our official one but no, you and Crush preferred to stick your noses where you shouldn't.

Regards.
Then you better be online 24/7 to handle player issues. We have multiple people with such access so it's likely that someone is always available.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I didn't had to be online 24/7. In fact community was doing pretty fine when you removed all GMs.

Inactive GMs are just a security threat, and pokemons who ban people on demands of their friends or ban people who did not break any rule are simply harmful.

Regards.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Platyna wrote:I didn't had to be online 24/7. In fact community was doing pretty fine when you removed all GMs.

Inactive GMs are just a security threat, and pokemons who ban people on demands of their friends or ban people who did not break any rule are simply harmful.

Regards.
Can you give any examples of that happening?

If you don't think GMs are needed, why are you trying to become a GM again? Do you want a useless post?

It should also be noted that not everything was so good while GMs were inactive. GMs are needed, but in a more restrictive role than they once had. We've set the new guidelines for them.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I did not say that GMs are useless, I said we were doing pretty fine without GMs, and I am not trying to become one. I could put me back in the file myself.

Regards.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

(I'm glad to see it's getting better between you two.)

1. Removal of inactive GMs.
:arrow: You have my vote, Milady.

2. Removal of developers from managing "production" server and community (besides the tools used for the development)
:arrow: A pre-production server for eathena would greatly help testing eAthena SVN and patches against automated registering for instance.
I'm not part of the GM, and I wouldn't want to, as for myself. I'm not involved enough to tell about dev being GM or admins, but I'm for an eAthena pre-prod server, just like it's vital to keep the TMWserv testing one.

3. Can't tell. I'm not part of the human resources. But I think Delasia and doorsman should have at least a chance to explain. After all, I thought you love fluffy and cute things like Pokemons, Platyna ;)

4. For us, backward compatibility is the last released version + the one before. If there are new features that can avoid threatening the server security, yes, we have to break compatibility. Other than that, we usually can without especially thinking about it, especially for eAthena.
:arrow: So, I'd say, yes, for this time, if we can incorporate useful changes to get some peace. Break backward compatibility. We'll see next time if we still have to do so.

Regards.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

The needed steps for bringing this project to faded glory again are:

1) Stop being nice to users
2) Ban all brazil players
and 3) kick all those drama and attention whores out of the team
zyperz
Peon
Peon

Post by zyperz »

Matt wrote:and 3) kick all those drama and attention whores out of the team
Seems SHE is already off the team trying to get back on.....
Galadriel
Novice
Novice

Post by Galadriel »

Platyna wrote:Another stupid poll to hear vox populi:

1. Removal of inactive GMs. :!:

[...]

3. Removal of pokemons such as Delasia or doorsman. E. g. Delasia is not smarter than my coffee mug and doorsman sits in her pocket, not to mention several "usual" players in this game seems to use their GM friends to do dirty things for them (like bashing their enemies), I have seen several cases on my very own eyes. Well why our players are to act differently if this is the project admin who brought nepotism? :!: :!: :!: :!:

Regards.
Point #3 i've already spoken of. And the situation's not resolved to my satisfaction. Tossing a couple marshmallows as a form of discipline simply means the status quo will eventually return.

Regards
"Spoken like a tru lover of the beast" --zyperz, one time member of Corum's party. A little projection there, zyperz?

Verbose Ubuntu compiling instructions for the 4144 game patch
Galadriel
Novice
Novice

Post by Galadriel »

Matt wrote:The needed steps for bringing this project to faded glory again are:

1) Stop being nice to users
2) Ban all brazil players
and 3) kick all those drama and attention whores out of the team
And Matt? you're still my favourite heckler.
"Spoken like a tru lover of the beast" --zyperz, one time member of Corum's party. A little projection there, zyperz?

Verbose Ubuntu compiling instructions for the 4144 game patch
zyperz
Peon
Peon

Post by zyperz »

Galadriel wrote:
Platyna wrote:3. Removal of pokemons such as Delasia or doorsman. E. g. Delasia is not smarter than my coffee mug and doorsman sits in her pocket, not to mention several "usual" players in this game seems to use their GM friends to do dirty things for them (like bashing their enemies), I have seen several cases on my very own eyes. Well why our players are to act differently if this is the project admin who brought nepotism? :!: :!: :!: :!:

Regards.
Point #3 i've already spoken of. And the situation's not resolved to my satisfaction. Tossing a couple marshmallows as a form of discipline simply means the status quo will eventually return.

Regards
Delasia is no longer a GM from what I see on the login screen. Doorsman usually sits in Tulimshar...when he is on et all.
Curious what YOUR satisfaction has anything to do with the game and the rest of the people in it.
tapion
Novice
Novice

Post by tapion »

I think tmw now is in racist system.With no GMs people are free to do things(without breaking the rules) but some GMs create rules in moment only to ban the people that they hate.This is worst than racist. :evil:
zyperz
Peon
Peon

Post by zyperz »

tapion wrote:I think tmw now is in racist system.With no GMs people are free to do things(without breaking the rules) but some GMs create rules in moment only to ban the people that they hate.This is worst than racist. :evil:
What sort of rules do they make Tapion.
Dont Steal, Dont Scam, Dont Spam