[WIP] Tutorial Island

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

[WIP] Tutorial Island

Post by AxlTrozz »

This thread has very close relation with the Port City which is developing Irukard and I helping a little, but we need to build a Tutorial Island (we are forming a team for that)

This thread will share graphics with the Port City but different buildings and other stuff.

If you want to contribute here, please post you intentions, send me a PM or goto #tmw-art on IRC so you can pick an specific task to do.

Also you can check http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8581
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Re: [WIP] Tutorial Island

Post by AxlTrozz »

first thing we are working on is the beach, cliff and transitions to grass, we have a couple version up to now

ImageImageImageImage

The last version seem to be the best choice for now
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

We also have some base for a small village with shops, the construction type will be Greek style,

ImageImageImage
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

AxlTrozz wrote:We also have some base for a small village with shops, the construction type will be Greek style,

ImageImageImage
I'm not really sure that Greeks temple style is proper one for village. But I respect your choice. My only counter proposition would be new tileset heavily based on old small bricks and in some parts on Crush's woodland village - especially in roofing case.

And HELLO People. We need some help, every ~ even small one will be appreciated and shall not be forgotten :D
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

My vote would also go for not using the potential of the temple tiles here, but leaving it to be out there for later usage where it would be a better choice. Like for example for an actual temple or other public buildings.

Also the style of the architecture would clash hardly with the medieval stone construction of the academy.
This message used to be meaningful.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Good, that's why I posted here, we need then a new style for the village, and no, we won't use existing tiles, too bore and lazy.

I'll check some styles. and post some ideas later :wink:
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Once again: Fother has been working on tiles of the appropriate style for use here.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

jaxad0127 wrote:Once again: Fother has been working on tiles of the appropriate style for use here.
Everyone is invited to work with the project :
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8581
Jaxad0127: thank you for the reminder is not necessary to repeat. and the style has not been decided yet.