Ragnarok System....

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Scooterman
Peon
Peon

Ragnarok System....

Post by Scooterman »

First of all.. Sorry about my bad english.

Well, i?ve noticed that you are using an Ragnarok-Style sistem for hits and for leveling up, etc. I was an extreme Ragnarok player on a "private" server, and managed to reach the 91lvl as a crusader. I?m writing this because i?ve reached a conclusion: this system sucks! It?s really bothering have to kill a thousand (I'm not kidding) of monsters just to reach one skill point.In about 3 months of hard playing, i?ve got 4kk of experience!!! So I had these ideas:

1 -Why not make an rpg based system? Like when u start figthing, why not make something more moveable than hit-hit-hit-miss-hit forever, and make the characters really move, like a real fight? And nothing of million of hits to kill, just one or two wold be enough.

2 - And make something like ultima online and wow, like when you use a weapon a lot you start to gain more experience with it, but not too tedious like uo, and maybe you could get more bonuses fighting with live beings, not dummys.

3- I think that using numbers for statistics is too virtual, why not use adjectives to describe the capacity of the character?? Ex. If you choose to use an double sword, with time and training you could improve you strength. I?ts obvious that a begginer won?t be able to use one of these because they are very big.

4- And no no no no no for classes :). Why I can?t use a bow if I?m a figter?? If i train hard it?s sure that i can use a damm bow!!! And don?t say that you can use cause i?ve made a fighter with 99 dex on Rag and he was a shame on bows Lol.

I know that some of these things are very hard to implement (i?m a programmer too) but, well this is an open source, it doesn?t have proposal to have a final version =P.

Plis plis plis don?t use ragnarok system.
Hehe this is my first post.
I love Open source.

Again sorry about my english

Scooterman
Tenche
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Ragnarok System....

Post by Tenche »

GREAT ideas and English doesetn matter in this forum ;P cause im american and i cant even spell ;) also I love 1 2 and 4 GREAT ideas
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

re

Post by Bear »

most of these things have been decided a while ago
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

We are using an RO server emulator, eAthena... that is why some things currently look like RO.
BUT, this will change beacuse we are working on our own server... as has been mentioned pretty often.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Perhaps we should have a FAQ clearly on the frontpage of the project..? Our wiki could be great for maintaining it.
This message used to be meaningful.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

I totally agree
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ktm
Novice
Novice

Re: Ragnarok System....

Post by ktm »

Tenche wrote:... cause im american ...
okay,
Tenche wrote:... and i cant even spell
you already mentioned that.
sorry, couldn't resist :twisted:

anyways, i dont really like the idea of having all the skills adjusted completely automatic, i'd like at least some control. how about half of the points get distributed automatically, the other half you can spend however you'd like to... oh well, still a long way there anyways, we haven't even got a good client (no offense. it's okay, but has lots of room for improvements), so i dont really worry about server-related stuff yet.
Scooterman
Peon
Peon

Post by Scooterman »

I know that u are going to a new server, but the system will be like RO? These are just ideas to make the game more realistc.

And no, the skills wont be adjusted automatically, you just have to train in that skill. Maybe some numbers like on WoW that say if you achieved the maximum lvl on the spear techinique, per example as a max of 300 points. As much you use it your status on that weapon increase.
nym
Novice
Novice

Post by nym »

No, the system will not be a RO clonet -- we will customize whatever we see fit. That said, we will try to make the server "ruleset" as modular as possible to allow more flexibility in this area (different game world servers could play differently etc.) We want to make TMW as fun as possible.
YOU ARE READING THIS!
Scooterman
Peon
Peon

Post by Scooterman »

Oks thanks for the info :)