Ambassadors Proposal

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Amun
Novice
Novice

Ambassadors Proposal

Post by Amun »

I would like to put forth a proposal for the implementation of Ambassador(s) into the game. In this post I will explain what ambassadors are. What their purpose and functions will be. As this is my initial proposal I welcome constructive criticism in order to refine this proposal to a usable and beneficial state.

What is an Ambassador?(As it will relate to TMW)

4. An Ambassador is an authorized messenger or representative.
The Ambassador(s) will be authorized by Head GM / Server Admin Platyna (or for the ignorant the person who is currently in charge of the the game world and how it is run). An Ambassador will be Platyna's representative in the game. Acting directly on Platyna's behalf Ambassadors will have no personal agenda's of their own.

Key Roles & Functions

In Regards to Game Rules
Unlike traditional Game Masters, Ambassadors will not enforce the game rules. Their duty will be an informative one. If they find a person in breach of a game rule they will inform the violator in a clear and understandable manner the rule they are breaking and on Platyna's behalf instruct them to stop. If the violator is non-compliant, the Ambassador will file an incident report directly to Platyna and your fate is in her hands.

Complaints and Concerns
An Ambassador(s) will be your direct link to Platyna. Any complaints or concerns you may have that you would like Platyna to address can be taken to her chosen Ambassador(s). They will present them to Platyna on your behalf. This will save Platyna from being bombarded with messages and pm's so she may dedicate her time more efficiently to the TMW project.

It will be up to Platyna when she chooses to hear or speak with her Ambassador(s). She may have an open door policy or dedicated meeting times.

Town Hall Meetings
Besides Ambassador's speaking with users on an individual level they will also host weekly or monthly meetings to listen to the general populations feedback & suggestions and report back to Platyna. This would also be an ideal time for the Ambassador(s) to let known any of Platyna's desires or concerns to the population.
The ManaBuzz
Stay informed with the latest Mana News.
No BS... but the truth might hurt.
zyperz
Peon
Peon

Re: Ambassadors Proposal

Post by zyperz »

In Medieval times this position to the Queen would be referred to as a Chamberlain, or Privy seal.

They would listen to the crap, filter it, and present it a flowery way as to not upset the Queen.
This position was always treated with an open door policy as that person specifically would be in the Queens chambers, and would assist and discuss matters while the Queen sat on the Privy.

An Ambassador would be someone who was shipped off to another country or land to be the voice of the Queen when the Queen was unable to attend things herself. Often the Ambassador would ACT on the Queens behalf.

Isnt history grand.
Amun
Novice
Novice

Post by Amun »

Regardless of their traditional roles this is my current proposal for usage. As for the name that is rather trivial and really can be determined based on Platyna's liking.
The ManaBuzz
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

are you trying to rear little Platynas? :lol:
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

interesting proposition, but I don't think it will work...
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

In fact I don't need representatives, but some persons who would be in game more often, listen to people concerns and suggestions and then pass the legitimate ones to developers would be useful. But it would be rather an addition in the ways of communication not replacement.

I always tried to come in game to listen to speak with the community, and I will continue to do so, but it is not always possible (I am usualy in game from around 19:00-20.00 CEST)

How do you expect that person to be chosen.

This is all subject to think - especially the implementation of it.
Amun
Novice
Novice

Post by Amun »

Platyna wrote: How do you expect that person to be chosen.
As they would be your representative so they would be chosen by you.

You yourself stated you can't always be in the game, that is what the need for them is. They can report to you on subjects people wish to express but can't be on when you are. It would also help deal with them 15-20 pm's at once.

They are not intended to be a replacement for GM's. As their role is a defined one of its own.

Representatives for developers is a different can of worms. If such a desire exists it should be a subject of its own.
The ManaBuzz
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

It should be community representative, so should be chosen by the community. But I am afraid some kind of election could bring to this game something I always wanted to not come here - fights for powers and popularity.

Regards.
Amun
Novice
Novice

Post by Amun »

Platyna wrote:It should be community representative, so should be chosen by the community. But I am afraid some kind of election could bring to this game something I always wanted to not come here - fights for powers and popularity.

Regards.
That is exactly why it is not a community representative. But the chosen Ambassador(s) are there to hear out the community on your behalf. The Ambassadors themselves in reality are nothing more than messengers and their to provide answers to questions you have already addressed.

They are "go betweens" Passing on the communities desires to you and vise versa.
The ManaBuzz
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Amun wrote:I would like to put forth a proposal for the implementation of Ambassador(s) into the game. In this post I will explain what ambassadors are. What their purpose and functions will be. As this is my initial proposal I welcome constructive criticism in order to refine this proposal to a usable and beneficial state.

What is an Ambassador?(As it will relate to TMW)

4. An Ambassador is an authorized messenger or representative.
The Ambassador(s) will be authorized by Head GM / Server Admin Platyna (or for the ignorant the person who is currently in charge of the the game world and how it is run). An Ambassador will be Platyna's representative in the game. Acting directly on Platyna's behalf Ambassadors will have no personal agenda's of their own.

Key Roles & Functions

In Regards to Game Rules
Unlike traditional Game Masters, Ambassadors will not enforce the game rules. Their duty will be an informative one. If they find a person in breach of a game rule they will inform the violator in a clear and understandable manner the rule they are breaking and on Platyna's behalf instruct them to stop. If the violator is non-compliant, the Ambassador will file an incident report directly to Platyna and your fate is in her hands.

Complaints and Concerns
An Ambassador(s) will be your direct link to Platyna. Any complaints or concerns you may have that you would like Platyna to address can be taken to her chosen Ambassador(s). They will present them to Platyna on your behalf. This will save Platyna from being bombarded with messages and pm's so she may dedicate her time more efficiently to the TMW project.

It will be up to Platyna when she chooses to hear or speak with her Ambassador(s). She may have an open door policy or dedicated meeting times.

Town Hall Meetings
Besides Ambassador's speaking with users on an individual level they will also host weekly or monthly meetings to listen to the general populations feedback & suggestions and report back to Platyna. This would also be an ideal time for the Ambassador(s) to let known any of Platyna's desires or concerns to the population.
Our guild (and individual players) already has all of these abilities. Please be my ambassador since I don't have time to play very much at the moment. We need more new player helpers, bot hunters, event organizers, among other things.
Current character is "Abolish".