Graveyard Update

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Graveyard Update

Post by Crush »

It took much longer than expected but thanks to all the people from the community who helped with it it's finally here: The graveyard update with 7 new monsters, 3 new maps with new graphics and new quests. What do you think about it?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Graveyard Update

Post by Matt »

Nice atmosphere , doesnt suck that much!
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

best map in game thus far... :twisted:

and not just cos there zombies...i can tell a lot a thinking went in to this..
and the dev graves are a really really nice touch..(more maps should do stuff like that)

..idd go as far as saying it is better then most retail games ....thank you for making this happen :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mrgreen:
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
muffel
Peon
Peon

Post by muffel »

the new map and the monsters are nice. But its not really funny as a magican. My strength (magic attack) decreased to the half. And betsanc doesnt help. Just 2 or 3 hits and Im dead. I hope it will get better with magic level 3.
Doulos
Novice
Novice

Post by Doulos »

Numerous players have stated their pleasure in seeing the new maps, NPCs, monsters, etc. The herbs are improved too.

The NPCs in Tulimshar are a welcome change, along with the improved skils. (Some older players were a bit off balance by the disappearance of their basic skills, but things seems to have calmed.)

New NPCs (Airlia - housing permit) and improved NPCs (Jack Lumber!!) in Hurnscald as well.

The ports to journey back and forth from Hurnscald/Tulimshar are also welcome. Big thanks for that.

Kudos on the whole graveyard map is impressive, fog, and the variety of very challenging monsters, not to mention our old friend Jack O lives there, along with zombies, skeletons, dead warriors out for revenge and skulls.

Level 99 playground for sure!

Suggestion: Adding "Come register with me!" over Aidan (the way Itka advertises cakes and Entertainer emotes) may not be a bad final addition.
Tiana
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Tiana »

I give 2 thumbs up to the updates.

The graveyard and swamps are stunning. And it is very nice to have content for higher lvl players to have fun on. 50 bones is going to drive us all nuts trying to get them :D

The new skills learning idea is much better than the old way. You can actually learn *how* to do the skills from the NPC instead of checking the wiki all the time or begging others to teach you.

The docks are very nice too, thank you for finally adding those in.

One thing to note: I did get a undead eye drop that is still a question mark - perhaps that needs a fix too? (Unless that has already been taken care of),

I will enjoy the new content and eagerly await the next one!

Tiana
Tiana - former GM of TMW
Forum avatar designed for me by my dear friend skipy
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

Is there a mismatch between the actual poltergeist data on the server and the data listed in the repository? The publicly listed file indicates dexterity of 75 and luck of 50, which would give it a higher critical rate than everything except skeletons. Yet I've never taken a critical from them, despite being in combat with them a lot (to include about a 5-minute stretch in combat with four at once), and despite having taken criticals from much lower-rate spectres and zombies in a single encounter with each. The 50 luck seems about right from my own critical output; did its DEX get messed up and/or the monster critical rate formula breaks for values as high as 75 (which would also affect Fallen)?

Anyway, I do like that the wisp marks, for the first time, a monster that plays into the tank role. It hits right into the "sweet spot" for damage that's manageable but only with a dedicated setup, and sticks to a target so that the player who's supposed to be taking the hits can ensure that they actually are, without having to constantly steal back the monsters' attention with #itenplz or with hits (which they're typically less well-equipped to get than the rest of the party, though with the new monsters this isn't even as much of a problem since they don't overdose on evasion like previous high-level monsters did). The swarming mob bonus, combined with like-species help, even creates a reasonable limit to this counter-strategy: no one's going to be able to just stand still against a swarm of anything more than 3 wisps (or 4 poltergeists with their crazy damage speed) without considerable help...which is probably how it was designed.

Also the skeletons seem, at least from appearance, like they should be a lot flimsier than they really are. But some things in the game are just never going to make sense.
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

:cry: You raped the forest tileset
Pixel Battalion