Inventory

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Genis
Novice
Novice

Inventory

Post by Genis »

Ive been working on an inventory system, I will be releasing this weekend:)
However GUI wise I was wondering how I should set it up?
any suggestions. should it be like Secret of Mana where u spin it around, or should it just be like a box with stuff in it?
Sorry...I only speak English
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

GUI wise? Anyway I think the easiest way is to use a window with all stuff in it. If you manage to arrange them in a better way you're welcome, but remember that the gui has to be NON BLOCKING!
VDM
Peon
Peon

Post by VDM »

Why non blocking? Most people stand still while grabbing some stuff from a bag :)

Anyway, you could make it a simple square in the middle of the screen thats transparent for a certain degree.. lets say 50%. Simply use the mouse to click an item to equip it or drag it to the right equipment slot. Not sure what you had in mind. This way u can still keep walking though not as "good" as normal with the arrow buttons and select items with the mouse or other key strokes.

What would also be nice is to set a button for "switching" to previous item wich makes pulling a weapon or switch a sword with bow or something more easy in combat.

How do you peeps feel about this?
Posts++
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

They have to be non-blocking because you can't block the game (players, monsters, ...) while you select items in the inventory, it's an online game, you cannot act like in SoM where everything freezes while you choose your magic attack or the item to use.
VDM
Peon
Peon

Post by VDM »

Ah, i was thinking in a blocking perspective for the client.
So you cant run and select gear/items :p
Posts++
e
Peon
Peon

Post by e »

i think the easiest inventory is the "ultima-online edition" :) .

VDM
Peon
Peon

Post by VDM »

Most easy to use, not to program :)
Posts++
Chetic
Novice
Novice

Post by Chetic »

\o/ Ultima Online! \o/

You shouldn't expect it to be easy if it's the best ;)
Quote of the year:
<Sull> the diff with GPL and priced software,GPL is faster to install cause you dont have to put a crack/serial

xD
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Yes I was thinking on something like that, but maybe more in RO style so it will be easier to code :?