'whane' banned for AFK healing

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Re: 'whane' banned for AFK healing

Post by Kill3rZ »

I like your tree, Melk, and my post was not an attack against it. I only used it as an example to prove that our law is incomplete. Friendly bots are living at the border of the law, the line is unclear and people get banned when they cross it because nobody really knows what a friendly bot is and when a friendly bot becomes a cheating bot. The best way to go is making the law clearer and put it to action literally.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Bots are allowed when they are accepted by the server administration after they know exactly what they do and don't do.

When you want to place a friendly bot in the game ask Platyna, explain her what it does and then she will tell you if it is allowed or not.

When you place a bot in the game without asking or before getting an OK, it will be banned.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
chytrex
Peon
Peon

Re: [BAN] whane banned for AFK healing

Post by chytrex »

Macias_P wrote: I can see the point in not allowing an auto-healing client. But allowing other bots like confused tree to do so is just plain wrong, officially allowed or not. Either make it an NPC or don't allow it to heal. Rules are rules, and should apply to anyone. If Confused tree is allowed, Whane should be allowed too.

Wayne has a point. If confused tree is allowed, Whane should be allowed too (even though it can be moved to a hot area). Banning then shouldn't be used without a warning. It was the arbitrary use of the rules that lead him to the logic conclusion that his char was as legal as the tree (he didn't do anything to keep Whane's existence in secret, he told everyone about it).
I agree this post.. Same rules for all..
My main character has name Pitriss. I'm sorry for my bad english. I hope, my post was readable:P
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Post by Kill3rZ »

Crush wrote:Bots are allowed when they are accepted by the server administration after they know exactly what they do and don't do.

When you want to place a friendly bot in the game ask Platyna, explain her what it does and then she will tell you if it is allowed or not.

When you place a bot in the game without asking or before getting an OK, it will be banned.
Sounds fair. Now the only thing left to do is announce this rule officially.

I know this game is a monarchy, but this law has an unwritten exception at the moment. Write the exception and THEN start beheading servants for not following the standard procedure. :) Whane's ban seems a little unfair even if what he did was wrong. Can you make another unwritten exception this time and forgive him (or maybe give him a 3-5 level-down penalty)? I don't think he levelled more than that by bot-healing
MoneyX
Novice
Novice

Post by MoneyX »

Omfg just play the game.. stop making a big deal out of everything

It's a fkin FREE open source 2d mmorpg for crying out loud, stop whining about every little thing. It's so easy to say what should and shouldn't be done and to enforce rules, make it fair for everyone, blah blah blah when you're on the outside looking in
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Bot interfere with the game play.
Why you need healers if you have healbots?
Yes, same rules for all, but since the rule got relaxed while I was away, we can't just pop in and permban those who own "friendly bots".
We will be working on the fair solution for this.

Regards.
SweeltyRich
Peon
Peon

Post by SweeltyRich »

The Graveyard is empty OMGTHISISREALLYHARDWITHOUTWHANE
Pleeeeease!!!!!!!!!!! Give whane a chance
whaneeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!
we neeeeed youuuuu

things is soo hard without whane.
we need hellllpppppppp whane!!!!
Attachments
A graveyard of doom without whane to help us, mages please help!! us warriors
A graveyard of doom without whane to help us, mages please help!! us warriors
TMW_Screenshot_907.png (253.36 KiB) Viewed 1765 times
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

You shouldn't have posted that screenshot with those items you can't get on the official server... :roll:
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
iamWayne
Novice
Novice

Post by iamWayne »

Whane the semi-bot:
Whane is fully controlled by the user ( as in normal gameplay); Walking, talking, fighting is done by the player, and sometimes magic. Magic (heal, etc) is controlled by other players’ requesting.

Reasons for whane :
Whane sole purpose is to be a second alt character. Since the #inma spell modifications were done, #inma which could self-heal cannot do such. This disadvantage leads me to convert my archer (whane) to mage as to assist my main alt. Whane as an archer was at level 72 with well developed magic. When converted to help the community, he gain about (estimated 2-3) levels and is about 74-75(level gain is not much of an interest to me).

Emote heal:
When a player says “heal” within range, that player is healed. Players sometimes ends up in tight situations, in which saying heal repeatedly will earned an hour spammed ban. If a player repeats “heal” about three (3) times within a lag, its automatically a ban when the lag ends. To avoid such errors, Emote heal was implemented.

Whane’s Commands:
The functionality of spells are listed in the image to trigger an event in whane's range. Non Magic users can enjoy the freedom of using some magic spells to their advantage as to enhance more gameplaying experience.
:D :D
Attachments
contributions.jpg
contributions.jpg (134.26 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
JackDeth
Novice
Novice

Post by JackDeth »

I really hope this gets resolved in a rational and peaceful manner.

I personally see no problems with having a "friendly" bot for healing. I don't think it harms the "other" healers much. I still run around and heal people despite Whane being in the vicinity. I tend to run out of MP pretty quick so it's nice to have the backup there for people. I have found Whane's services to be invaluable myself, especially in the graveyard. I die so often there it is very inconvenient to have to run back from Hurnscald because we don't have a menhir in the vicinity of Dimond. It's nice to have a more powerful healing source available.

JackDeth
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

We could create healing spots all over the world. Where you go and you can regenerate faster.

Regards.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Sitting healing faster is already more than generous enough.
This message used to be meaningful.
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

I was reading all the coments. Before i post my coment. Since i start the game i was a healer. I know that some healers feel bad to having whane healing people in the graveyard, because they lost experience. As a mage i agree completly i went there and could not heal the way y meant (not in that spot, yes in others).
Latter I reset my status to warrior in order to enjoy the place, and ofcourse level up. whane was indeed a great help for us there.
What i mean is that i went there like a mage and a warrior. And I think I understand both.

My suggestions is:
Maybe put a Soul Menhir near the cemetery (i think all will agree that is a looong walk from town) and put whane there, like Confused tree is Hurnscald Soul menhir. whane could be the bothealer in that new soul menhir.
Regards
Conroe
Peon
Peon

Post by Conroe »

Narus wrote:Maybe put a Soul Menhir near the cemetery (i think all will agree that is a looong walk from town) and put whane there, like Confused tree is Hurnscald Soul menhir. whane could be the bothealer in that new soul menhir.
If there is going to be some bot healing at every soul menhir, then what is the point of being resurrected with half health?
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

Conroe wrote:
Narus wrote:Maybe put a Soul Menhir near the cemetery (i think all will agree that is a looong walk from town) and put whane there, like Confused tree is Hurnscald Soul menhir. whane could be the bothealer in that new soul menhir.
If there is going to be some bot healing at every soul menhir, then what is the point of being resurrected with half health?

I understand your point in just making a sugestion. Confused Tree in Hurnscald is a great help so whane can help in cemetery or near by. We resurrected with half life in Hurnscald too and we have been used Tree all this time and noone complain. The same way Elanora hels in Tulimshar the lower lvls and is great.
But the desicion is not our, we can just put ideas on the table.
Regards. :D