Keeping a journal

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

keyboardbandit
Peon
Peon

Keeping a journal

Post by keyboardbandit »

Its well known that the best way to play this game is to keep a journal for yourself to keep track of spells and quests, but why is there no in game journal?

I'm thinking a small in-game app could add a lot in the way of helping players keep information straight.

How I picture it; there would be a "Journal" tab next to the other buttons at the top right (status, settings, ect...). When opened it would function just like any notepad-esq text editor for players to keep track of their quests and personal objectives.

I was also thinking that there could be a tab within the Journal that would separate the spell portion of the journal from the rest. The spell portion could be formatted to include a space for the name, invocation, requirements, and level.

This would be a small add to the game, but I feel it would do a lot of good in the way of ambiance (a journal in a rpg? go figure!), self accomplishment (no computer added quest lines, all written by the player), and ease of use.

DevilDoc
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Keeping a journal

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Feel free to start implementing one.
keyboardbandit
Peon
Peon

Post by keyboardbandit »

I would love too... but I can't code... :oops:

Just a suggestion for someone else to think about.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

I don't mind people posting fresh and original ideas
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
drewtoma
Peon
Peon

Post by drewtoma »

I think it would be a great idea and players should be aloud to automatically be able to post it to the forums of blogger that would be great for parties and clans. :mrgreen: