reaper

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

MoneyX
Novice
Novice

Re: reaper

Post by MoneyX »

Shouldn't the rest of it be moving as well? At least some.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'll chime in once someone makes a movement float concept (a direct float would be boring, it should also weave and bob a bit).
This message used to be meaningful.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

I think a weaving and bobbing effect would make him look less dangerous, although doing this for him while he sits still might be nice, when he moves he would look more deadly if he went after you at a nice precise hover.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Rotonen wrote:I'll chime in once someone makes a movement float concept (a direct float would be boring, it should also weave and bob a bit).
meway wrote:I think a weaving and bobbing effect would make him look less dangerous, although doing this for him while he sits still might be nice, when he moves he would look more deadly if he went after you at a nice precise hover.
the way i was thinking on it moves would be slow vary slow ,or not at all as a door blocker thats there until its killed(blocking a door is the first idea on how it moves..)

so should it move around or stay put..?? :?: :mrgreen: :twisted:
Attachments
,,,,reeper-part sideframe 5.gif
,,,,reeper-part sideframe 5.gif (34.91 KiB) Viewed 3758 times
Last edited by skipy on 05 Nov 2009, 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

i like the one you made for us there :D looking awesome.
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

skipy wrote:
Rotonen wrote:I'll chime in once someone makes a movement float concept (a direct float would be boring, it should also weave and bob a bit).
meway wrote:I think a weaving and bobbing effect would make him look less dangerous, although doing this for him while he sits still might be nice, when he moves he would look more deadly if he went after you at a nice precise hover.
the way i was thinking on it moves would be slow vary slow ,or not at all as a door blocker thats there until its killed(blocking a door is the first idea on how it moves..)

so should it move around or stay put..?? :?: :mrgreen: :twisted:
If you're going to have the side movement frame like that, lightning shooting from his finger tips would be awesome.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Spit23 wrote:Here's a quick tutorial how I did that:

First I took the original image and copied the lightnings into another layer and recolered them like this:
Then I used the gaussian blur filter in GIMP with a value of 10px (horizontal and vertikal). Now the layer should look like this:
Then I copied the original lightning layer into another layer and recolered it like this:
By putting all together in the right order it should look like this:

That's it. Very simple and quick to do. If you still have questions just ask me.

And don't wonder when it looks strange if you save it as an animated gif. Gif can define pixels only totally transparent or totally opaque, not both like png can do.
im still lost on how to do it ...i go to "gaussian" and its grayed out and i cant clik on it ..maybe ill get it..probably missed some thing silly..i dont know :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Are you maybe working in indexed color palette mode? A lot of features in gimp are unavailable unless you are working in RGB mode.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Spit23 wrote:Here's a quick tutorial how I did that:

First I took the original image and copied the lightnings into another layer and recolered them like this:
Then I used the gaussian blur filter in GIMP with a value of 10px (horizontal and vertikal). Now the layer should look like this:
Then I copied the original lightning layer into another layer and recolered it like this:
By putting all together in the right order it should look like this:

That's it. Very simple and quick to do. If you still have questions just ask me.

And don't wonder when it looks strange if you save it as an animated gif. Gif can define pixels only totally transparent or totally opaque, not both like png can do.

Spit, Why don't you provide the xcf file to Skipy so he can see and learn how to do it
Spit23
Novice
Novice

Post by Spit23 »

AxlTrozz wrote:Spit, Why don't you provide the xcf file to Skipy so he can see and learn how to do it
That's a damn good point!
Attachments
lightnings.xcf.zip
(18.16 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Crush wrote:Are you maybe working in indexed color palette mode? A lot of features in gimp are unavailable unless you are working in RGB mode.
thank you Crush-thats what the problem was .. :oops: :mrgreen: :oops:
now i know!
and thank you Spit23 and AxlTrozz ...this is vary helpful (better then a how to)...i need to with it before i know what im doing, but have it up and working :wink:

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
bcs86
Warrior
Warrior

Post by bcs86 »

Though this Reaper was not finished before Halloween 2009 that's no reason to forget it so I'm bumping this.

I'd also like to request that the sum of it's current status be posted as a project file or a PNG so others would be able to easily take up where it was left off.
jojje101
Novice
Novice

Post by jojje101 »

c'mon and work on it!The beginning really looks mighty good!
yo, its me the newbie helper from HMC;)
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

jojje101 wrote:c'mon and work on it!The beginning really looks mighty good!
i seem to have fell off the earth for a bit

if i can get to the png files on it ..ill post them...any and all feel free to work with whats there

i say sorry to all that maybe thinking "where did skipy go?"
i will be back to the game ...but probly not soon ...work and life

good luck to all

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

heres more done...i hope to do more soon..

-skipy
Attachments
monster-reeper-partback-working.png
monster-reeper-partback-working.png (10.8 KiB) Viewed 3146 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido