ManaPlus - Former Official TMW Client v1.6.4.23

Development discussions for TMW's official client, alternative clients and client adaptations.

JackDeth
Novice
Novice

Re: TMW Client Patch

Post by JackDeth »

TheBasilisk wrote:Is there any help for it? It's kinda confusing...

Especially, I'd like to know what the new bar at the top (next to HP, mana and exp bars) is for.
That feature is really awesome. It looks like a bunch of codes, but hover your mouse over it. It will bring up a list of currently established settings. At the end (right side) of each line will be a letter, number, or symbol you type to change that option. Once you click one of those, move your mouse a bit over that bar to see the change reflected. It will always show which option is currently active.

For example, if you want to change your default magic attack spell to INGRAV, just click the comma ( , ) key and move the mouse until you see INGRAV show up as the default attack spell. Once it is active you hit your B key to fire off the default spell, A to target the closest monster, and Left CTRL to fire.

You can do all this quickly with your left hand while running using the arrows with your right hand. Just takes practice. Love it!!! It's really handy when fighting skulls. :D
mightydefiant
Peon
Peon

Post by mightydefiant »

Hmm, I'm the one who told you about this patch. Then you find out about that bar that I wondered what it was for before I did. How things turn out. :D
JackDeth
Novice
Novice

Post by JackDeth »

mightydefiant wrote:Hmm, I'm the one who told you about this patch. Then you find out about that bar that I wondered what it was for before I did. How things turn out. :D
Don't worry. I don't think any less of you for your ignorance.

It's only as bad as my own. :mrgreen:
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Especially, I'd like to know what the new bar at the top (next to HP, mana and exp bars) is for.
I am working on doing documentation for his patch, but I am a slow, lazy shitbag. Here is an index I did for an older version. Working on a more up to date one with a detailed text breakdown.

http://www.hotelsurvivalguide.com/guide_key.jpg
mightydefiant
Peon
Peon

Post by mightydefiant »

JackDeth wrote:Don't worry. I don't think any less of you for your ignorance.
Hey, I'm not ignorant... I think...
One question, how do you change drop slots, I don't see the key in the keyboard list.
JackDeth
Novice
Novice

Post by JackDeth »

mightydefiant wrote:
One question, how do you change drop slots, I don't see the key in the keyboard list.
Maybe not, but that's the way I feel half the time. ;-P

You use the letter i (eye) to cycle through the drop slot numbers from 1 to 9. Then the letter U to implement the drops from slot 1. I can't remember but there was another key you could hit to drop from all filled slots....Hmm....
aryanbv
Peon
Peon

Post by aryanbv »

how to install it on fedora 11?? :?:
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

aryanbv wrote:how to install it on fedora 11?? :?:
Apply it to the 0.0.29.1 source and compile.
TheBasilisk
Novice
Novice

Post by TheBasilisk »

JackDeth wrote:

That feature is really awesome. It looks like a bunch of codes, but hover your mouse over it. It will bring up a list of currently established settings. At the end (right side) of each line will be a letter, number, or symbol you type to change that option. Once you click one of those, move your mouse a bit over that bar to see the change reflected. It will always show which option is currently active.

For example, if you want to change your default magic attack spell to INGRAV, just click the comma ( , ) key and move the mouse until you see INGRAV show up as the default attack spell. Once it is active you hit your B key to fire off the default spell, A to target the closest monster, and Left CTRL to fire.

You can do all this quickly with your left hand while running using the arrows with your right hand. Just takes practice. Love it!!! It's really handy when fighting skulls. :D
Yes, I saw that tooltip, but I still don't have a clue what all that means. What is this "Crazy move"? What is the "Pick up" thingy?
Hissssss...
aryanbv
Peon
Peon

Post by aryanbv »

how??
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

mightydefiant wrote:
You cant change drop slot selection. It changed automaticaly while you droping items.
By default:
Y key drop items only from 0 slot (most left and most up slot)
U key drop items from current slot and from next slots and select slot after it
I key switching how many items will be droped if you press Y or U key.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

TheBasilisk wrote: Yes, I saw that tooltip, but I still don't have a clue what all that means. What is this "Crazy move"? What is the "Pick up" thingy?
Crazy move is special move mode. Youre char moving and doing different things.
And crazy move type determine current move type.

For pick up by default you use Z key. Pick up types determine how your char pick up items. From one cell to 3x3 cells.
Client without patches, allow pick up items only from cell where char is located and from cell near char, where he looking.
Krist
Novice
Novice

Post by Krist »

I read that in Gala's installing patch thing that its for 9.0.4 "ONLY" .

Does this apply for 9.10 too? I just had to reload a operating system and I reloaded it to 9.10 not 9.04...so I didnt want to go ahead and try to install the patch so...is there instructions for 9.10 or do I just follow the 9.04 ones?
I used to have Dark Talisman...then I turned level 6.

Official Server (Krist 82 or Krist's Slave Boy 52 or Krist's Squire 47)
Mon serveur préféré est tmw.ufbteam.com :D (My preferred server is the UFB Server)
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Krist wrote:I read that in Gala's installing patch thing that its for 9.0.4 "ONLY" .

Does this apply for 9.10 too? I just had to reload a operating system and I reloaded it to 9.10 not 9.04...so I didnt want to go ahead and try to install the patch so...is there instructions for 9.10 or do I just follow the 9.04 ones?
For 9.04 only deb packages. From source you can compile for any linux versions.
Krist
Novice
Novice

Post by Krist »

4144 wrote:For 9.04 only deb packages. From source you can compile for any linux versions.
Sorry, I kinda don't get what your saying....
I used to have Dark Talisman...then I turned level 6.

Official Server (Krist 82 or Krist's Slave Boy 52 or Krist's Squire 47)
Mon serveur préféré est tmw.ufbteam.com :D (My preferred server is the UFB Server)