[WIP] Wedding quest

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: [WIP] Wedding quest

Post by meway »

crush a dress is a little much, so... lets not let a bunch of dudes run around in them. Its not sexist its a game. You don't see transvestites in games unless its grand theft auto XD.
TheBasilisk
Novice
Novice

Post by TheBasilisk »

You don't usually see weddings in games. :P

TMW needs this IMO.If any males wear the dress it's gonna be for a joke. I don't see what's wrong with it.
Hissssss...
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

Yeah, this is kind of cool =)

I hope I have the time to do some more things and help dicekid...I really don't know how it's going =)

Dicekid...what do you think about my...cof cof...pixelart? XD

I think yours is great...I'm a noob and sadly I do it in Paint...

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

TheBasilisk wrote:I don't see what's wrong with it.
The wrong part is that the additional graphics need to be created.
Its not sexist its a game. You don't see transvestites in games unless its grand theft auto XD.
Prepare to be lynched by the LGBT crowd.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark Lord »

TheBasilisk wrote:You don't usually see weddings in games. :P

TMW needs this IMO.If any males wear the dress it's gonna be for a joke. I don't see what's wrong with it.
Yup exactly
Regards
DarkLord

Dark Lord, DarkLord* In Game and lvl 50 Image

And a beginner pixel-artist :D

Code: Select all

Code? What code?
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark Lord »

Lizandra wrote:Yeah, this is kind of cool =)

I hope I have the time to do some more things and help dicekid...I really don't know how it's going =)

Dicekid...what do you think about my...cof cof...pixelart? XD

Use GIMP. If you have windows, there is a windows version of GIMP. It's a great program and all TMW's pixel art is done in GIMP (well most anyway)
Last edited by Dark Lord on 28 Nov 2009, 03:37, edited 1 time in total.
Regards
DarkLord

Code? What code?
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

Lizandra wrote:Dicekid...what do you think about my...cof cof...pixelart? XD

I like your dress very much but I think it would be better if there are some more shades in the black stuff. So that someone could distinguish between the pants and the jacket. But I have to say I'm a beginner in pixelart, too. So don't ask me how to do it. For the wedding-dress. This was not mine at all, I only changed colour, what hadn't to be done. :-( And the shirt and white waistcoat was from my wife and I'm very proud of her for this. :-)
At the moment I'm working on a veil. Hopefully I can present you something in the next days.
Btw. I'm using GIMP for pixeling. It's very nice, but at the moment I don't know how to create an own color palette which I can use again and again.
At this point (also at the risk of repeating myself again...) I want to say that it would be really really helpfull if some of the experienced pixelartists could give us some hints what we should do better with our work.

EDIT: I did some work for a veil and it turned out more difficult than I had expected. But here is, what I have done so far.
This is just the veil:Image
And here when the bride wears it:Image
Just to explain, what I had in mind. This is the veil from the backside of the bride. At the moment I have the feeling that it looks like a front view and not like a backview. :-( Beside this it would be nice to have some feedback. Btw. the dress is just for the "overall-feeling". :-)

Thanks in advance and Greetings,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark Lord »

Dicekid wrote:
Lizandra wrote:Dicekid...what do you think about my...cof cof...pixelart? XD

I like your dress very much but I think it would be better if there are some more shades in the black stuff. So that someone could distinguish between the pants and the jacket. But I have to say I'm a beginner in pixelart, too. So don't ask me how to do it. For the wedding-dress. This was not mine at all, I only changed colour, what hadn't to be done. :-( And the shirt and white waistcoat was from my wife and I'm very proud of her for this. :-)
At the moment I'm working on a veil. Hopefully I can present you something in the next days.
Btw. I'm using GIMP for pixeling. It's very nice, but at the moment I don't know how to create an own color palette which I can use again and again.
At this point (also at the risk of repeating myself again...) I want to say that it would be really really helpfull if some of the experienced pixelartists could give us some hints what we should do better with our work.

EDIT: I did some work for a veil and it turned out more difficult than I had expected. But here is, what I have done so far.
This is just the veil:Image
And here when the bride wears it:Image
Just to explain, what I had in mind. This is the veil from the backside of the bride. At the moment I have the feeling that it looks like a front view and not like a backview. :-( Beside this it would be nice to have some feedback. Btw. the dress is just for the "overall-feeling". :-)

Thanks in advance and Greetings,
Dicekid
It is quite good. Great job. Just keep at your pixel art and you will get better.
Regards
DarkLord

Code? What code?
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

I did some repixeling, added more transparancy and tried to get the whole thing a bit brighter. And for the bride itself I put the veil a few pixels lower.

The veil itself:Image
The bride with the veil:Image

So, what do you think? Better? Worse then before?

Greetings,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
mangamaniac
Novice
Novice

Post by mangamaniac »

Better, now it is looking like a lace veil not like a blanket.
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

I'm in a good mood today, so I worked a bit more on the veil and this is what came out. Now I have the front, back and both sideviews. Only the frame for the dead player is missing atm.

The veil itself: Image
And again an the bride: Image

Suggestions, comments, hints, critics are very welcome.

Greetings,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

Sorry for the double-post, but I want to push this topic once more.
Sadly I had not much time the last week and so I only tried a bit to create the item for the veil. It's not very good because I'm not sure how to get the correct perspective in this one. :-(
And again, it would be very nice if one of the pixel-pros could help me a bit to improve my work.

But here is the item: Image

Thanks in advance and greetings,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

IMO i think you've done an excelent job! Congrats!

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkLord »

Lizandra wrote:IMO i think you've done an excelent job! Congrats!
+1
Regards,
DarkLord

Occasionally playing TMW.

Running Windows 8.1 Pro, OS X Mavericks and Ubuntu 13.10
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

Thanks for the compliments but the work still is not finished and I for myself am not very happy with the result yet because there is a lot of stuff missing.
Just for the veil the "dead-sequence" is missing and I like to have some animations for this one because it would look better while moving if the veil is also moving. And I'm not happy with the icon.
So at the moment I really like to have some critics from the pixelartists here in the forum if the work I'm doing is on good way or not and what I have to change to make it better.

But thanks again for the good motivation. :-)

Greetings,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!