Nugget sprite (Work in Progress unless it's deemed good enou

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Nugget sprite (Work in Progress unless it's deemed good enou

Post by Jaxad0127 »

TheBasilisk wrote:OK, I've tried using all the space. The result isn't even worth posting. The nugget just has to be small, or someone else will have to make it. :( Besides, I'm thinking of the nugget as being a lot smaller than the Iron Ore (for example), and having it in the world filling up an entire 32x32 space is just wrong IMO, when compared with the ore.
Icons don't need to be sized relative to each other.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Why are you so hard on this? The initial version was already better than a lot of inventory icons already ingame.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
TheBasilisk
Novice
Novice

Post by TheBasilisk »

Crush wrote:Why are you so hard on this? The initial version was already better than a lot of inventory icons already ingame.
It was? :oops: Thanks
Hissssss...
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Since this popped up: how about we decide how we're going to do icons? Some guideline or at least a consensus should be healthy here and such things help integrating new people into the project in a sensible way.

The icons are also the representation of the object when it is dropped to the ground, so some consistency in the portrayal and scale choices might not hurt, IMO. I'm not after 1:1 scale accuracy, but rather some small-bigger two level split scheme between items.
This message used to be meaningful.
TheBasilisk
Novice
Novice

Post by TheBasilisk »

Rotonen wrote:Since this popped up: how about we decide how we're going to do icons? Some guideline or at least a consensus should be healthy here and such things help integrating new people into the project in a sensible way.

The icons are also the representation of the object when it is dropped to the ground, so some consistency in the portrayal and scale choices might not hurt, IMO. I'm not after 1:1 scale accuracy, but rather some small-bigger two level split scheme between items.
+1
Hissssss...
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

We'll likely implement the ability to have separate floor and inventory graphics for them. We'll likely have full sprite support for the floor representation.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

jaxad0127 wrote:We'll likely implement the ability to have separate floor and inventory graphics for them. We'll likely have full sprite support for the floor representation.
We will take that into mind with CR1, but as far as eA goes, I don't think it is going to change.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Once it's added, it'll be usable for eA too.