assAssin's weapon

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Rianail
Peon
Peon

Re: assAssin's weapon

Post by Rianail »

big improvement to your last one. im glad to see you're getting better. still needs a little more work but at least you are learning.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

WinneR3 wrote:I remade me. I read book about using GIMP. Now I made stone, like example in this book.
Book title please.
And read tutorial about outlining.
( http://www.derekyu.com/?page_id=223 )
WinneR3
Novice
Novice

Post by WinneR3 »

Are you from Russia or do you know Russian. This book is on it. http://bnksb.ucoz.ru/forum/14-85-1
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

even though it is a big improvement you could use a little texture on the west most side of the stone/rock.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

I can do more rocks, though maybe not today because it's already getting hot here and the computer will need to be off soon.

The colours were based on those of WinneR3's, I would have used a blue- rather than red-grey myself.

Looking at it now, on the right side of the rock the difference between dark and light is too much and it looks very speckled (though maybe okay for volcanic rocks...).

So, should I look at the tiles of the tutorial island and make rocks to fit?

(this is getting very offtopic ... Assassin's weapon?!)

Also Axl, I noticed on another thread you seem to have completed the cliffs. I thought you would have given up on me by now, I was really fed up with pixel-art and at least with playing TMW, too. I was fed up with most things, actually.

Those new cliffs are a different style, so I can still do the others if you wish. Otherwise I'll do rocks and maybe some plants etc. to decorate this island with.