Throne for queens and GMs

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Doulos
Novice
Novice

Re: Throne for queens and GMs

Post by Doulos »

With all due respect (and I'm not a GM any more) but I would never have sat on such a chair. For several reasons, of course.

The GM job isn't one of glory, at least: it's not supposed to be. It's volunteered time and effort in order to help improve the game. Sitting on such a chair would probably bring quite a bit of verbal abuse from the players of the game... on its own. But secondly: there's a lot to do as a GM. And ensuring my butt was comfortably parked on a "throne" was just not a priority. In fact, it was pretty remote.

I think I agree with the development staff: "help" comes best when you take an assignment that needs to get done instead of just coming up with stray and random ideas the team cannot effectively use.

The chair really doesn't fit the style of art the game has to offer, by the way. But it is an interesting idea.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Doulos wrote:With all due respect (and I'm not a GM any more) but I would never have sat on such a chair. For several reasons, of course.

The GM job isn't one of glory, at least: it's not supposed to be. It's volunteered time and effort in order to help improve the game. Sitting on such a chair would probably bring quite a bit of verbal abuse from the players of the game... on its own. But secondly: there's a lot to do as a GM. And ensuring my butt was comfortably parked on a "throne" was just not a priority. In fact, it was pretty remote.

I think I agree with the development staff: "help" comes best when you take an assignment that needs to get done instead of just coming up with stray and random ideas the team cannot effectively use.

The chair really doesn't fit the style of art the game has to offer, by the way. But it is an interesting idea.
I wonder if there will be a mana buzz article about this post...

Hint: stop giving them ammo
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

I have some ammo for you, ManaBuzz.

TMW CITIZENS THINK YOU SUCK

(also howdsy there Doulos, long time no see (Enchilado here)!)
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

lol the second one seems to be at the right angle for the game but the first one is not. oh and both of the light sources are wrong oh & i don't think we can use Google images in the game itself.
DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkLord »

Doulos wrote:With all due respect (and I'm not a GM any more) but I would never have sat on such a chair. For several reasons, of course.

+1
Regards,
DarkLord

Occasionally playing TMW.

Running Windows 8.1 Pro, OS X Mavericks and Ubuntu 13.10