Equip Glitch

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Ventole
Peon
Peon

Equip Glitch

Post by Ventole »

I have my Forest Bow equipped, I equip my Bone Knife, both of them become equipped! My Attack stat changes so that it totals to the Attack of both of them. Forest Bow alone is Attack 125, Bone Knife alone is Attack 170. Now the problem doesn't happen anymore, but why did it happen in the first place? Any ideas?

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: Equip Glitch

Post by meway »

I believe there was a glitch where if you dropped an equipped item and than equipped another and picked that item back up it would still be there. Just like you said its a glitch.
TheBasilisk
Novice
Novice

Post by TheBasilisk »

Cool! Does this still work? :D
:twisted:
Hissssss...
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

I can not immagen the fix for it if it dos'nt
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon

Equip Glitch and possible related issue

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone »

This equipment glitch happened to me on Dec 12. My client is 0.0.29. I am running Linux. I tried quitting and restarting 3 times, no change in the glitch. Here is approximately what I did: I 'unequipped' some of my clothing (winter gloves, cotton boots) and equipped my feet with miners boots. I then left on the robe and headband and simply 'equipped' a warlord helmet and a shield and ... some armor on my chest (forget the name). I then battled a few monsters, determined that my changes weren't helping me enough, and since I lost magic ability for using the armor, I decided to return to the robe, headband, cotton boots and winter gloves, and so I made those changes in my equipment. That is when I noticed that my equipped items were not listed correctly in my inventory, and I simply scratched my head - I could see that I was NOT wearing the helmet, but the inventory window showed helmet as equipped. The armor was also still equipped, but I could see I was wearing the robe. So, for me, it seems as if my client lost track of the status of the items when I simply equipped over existing equipment - as if the toggle never occurred properly (the equipment in question is exclusive or: one or the other but not both).

Also of interest (to me, anyways), is that certain second level magic spells (plural) which I once was fluent in are no longer working at all. The magic problem started maybe December 8 (or so, I think)? I wasn't keeping track, but I first noticed it days before this equipment glitch and I only learned those failed spells AFTER the basic skills were changed. Possible cause of the magic problem (please confirm if this is true): after I gained L2 magic, I simply began using the spells which I saw listed on the wiki, but for most of my current L2 spells, I have not been officially 'taught the spell' by any NPC. An example of a spell which once worked for me and has since stopped: #kularzufril. I had never been 'taught' this spell, just started using it and it not only worked, but I became very consistent at making arrows.

What happens when this 'failed' magic is invoked? Nothing. In fact, it is still happening the same since it stopped working, and I have just now been 'officially' taught kularzufril, I was taught it by Audsbel, I paid with 20 logs. I tried casting it 4 times since being 'taught', nothing happened at all. I'm on both sides of being taught it, it does not work. No decrease in my mana, no magic smoke, no aura around me, and the raw log I have in inventory is not consumed. It is as if I cast the spell #ffff.

Was I a bad boy?
TheBasilisk
Novice
Novice

Re: Equip Glitch and possible related issue

Post by TheBasilisk »

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote: What happens when this 'failed' magic is invoked? Nothing. In fact, it is still happening the same since it stopped working, and I have just now been 'officially' taught kularzufril, I was taught it by Audsbel, I paid with 20 logs. I tried casting it 4 times since being 'taught', nothing happened at all. I'm on both sides of being taught it, it does not work. No decrease in my mana, no magic smoke, no aura around me, and the raw log I have in inventory is not consumed. It is as if I cast the spell #ffff.
Your mana bar is blue, right? Because if it's not blue you can't use magic and it's probably because of the equipment glitch you mentioned earlier in your post.
Hissssss...
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

also some times the equipment glitch unequipes every other map. So I walk in one map and than I have it "equipped" than I walk into another map and its not so there's a variable there.
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon

TheBasilisk wrote:Your mana bar is blue, right? Because if it's not blue you can't use magic and it's probably because of the equipment glitch you mentioned earlier in your post.
I am positive it is blue and I am positive it is not gray when certain magic fails - I've checked it several times. I didn't state this above, but #abizit works when #kularzufril does not work, and, as I said above, I am now fully qualified to use the 2 spells. My 'magic' shows 2, Transmutation Magic shows 2, Nature Magic shows 2. No astral (which is odd, because I can summon maggots).

I just now noticed a NEW problem: I was battling with my forest bow, and was killed by the monster, when I revived at the menhir, I was not using the forest bow, I was unarmed. THAT never happened before!
TheBasilisk
Novice
Novice

Post by TheBasilisk »

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:
TheBasilisk wrote:Your mana bar is blue, right? Because if it's not blue you can't use magic and it's probably because of the equipment glitch you mentioned earlier in your post.
I am positive it is blue and I am positive it is not gray when certain magic fails - I've checked it several times. I didn't state this above, but #abizit works when #kularzufril does not work, and, as I said above, I am now fully qualified to use the 2 spells. My 'magic' shows 2, Transmutation Magic shows 2, Nature Magic shows 2. No astral (which is odd, because I can summon maggots).
You don't need astral magic lv2 for maggot summoning. Your maggots will attack monsters though if you have astral lv2. Also, if you have astral lv2, you can summon spiky 'shrooms and fluffies.
Hissssss...
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon

... could the magic failure be caused by the basis for the NPC that said I've chosen to use white magic?