I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by Freeyorp101 »

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:Elanore says: "I think I would like to observe you for a little longer to see if you would make a good healer." "You are making progress but you still need more practice."
Those phrases are when she checks to see if you can advance to life magic level 2, but fails because you do not have enough heal experience.
To be exact, you have between 5 and 14 heal experience, and you need 20 for life magic level 2.

Heal characters that are hurt (other than yourself, the script block that can potentially increase your healing experience is *completely* skipped when the character you heal is yourself) and eventually Elanore will accept you for life magic 2

Keep coming back to Elanore, when you get life magic 2, you should be able to cast lay-on-hands again (which is a level 2 life magic spell) :)

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon

I might be 'getting a clue'.

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone »

Ok, I think this is resolved, except for my skills window not saying "Life Magic" in any location; I still don't know for certain: are you referring to the skill called "Magic"? I am easily confused by assumptions that I must know something (not trying to sound negative at you, you've patiently helped, that is nice of you).
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

(General) magic isn't the same as life magic, no.

Life magic won't show up as a skill until you've progressed past the base level of 1 (ie. life magic 2), so this should be displayed in your skills window once you have life magic level 2 :)

---Freeyorp
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

You need to vary the spells you use or you won't get (normal magic) experience. Freeyorp already described the extra healing magic experience.
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone »

freeyorp: Ok, I think I understand. Under that premise, I suppose I must also be at "war magic" level 1 because "war magic" is also not stated in my skills window.

jax: Well, I do not focus exclusively on a single incantation ... I do not spend all day using only abizit. A couple months ago, I was advised by a player in the game that I should execute abizit, chiza, miteyo, and ... what was the 4th one... inwilt?, all in that order. Is that advice trying to tell me that using only one magic incantation in a row is best for gaining experience?

Thanks to all for your patience and understanding.
meway, thanks for holding back.... maybe we can whack some snakes sometime after I get the magic sorted out and have improved?
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:I was advised by a player in the game that I should execute abizit, chiza, miteyo, and ... what was the 4th one... inwilt?, all in that order.
Since magic-blade is the only invoc there that uses components, you would only gain one magic experience point from magic blade and nothing else from subsequent iterations; only spells that use components will give you magic exp (except magic-knuckles, but that one is near useless anyway), and only if the last spell that gave you magic exp is not the current one

---Freeyorp
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Freeyorp101 wrote:(except magic-knuckles, but that one is near useless anyway)
so why is useless code in the game if my useless art is not? :cry:

really my question is rhetorical try to put stuff that's not junk and worth it in game?
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Some of your art is good Meway, but I hate to tell you that

MOST PEOPLE (not me) THINK THEIR ART IS GOOD

Take WinneR3 as an example. He wouldn't have uploaded it if he thought it was Chocolate Cupcake. It was, but he thought it was good.

Take you. You think your art is good.

(Ah, ha, not that I'm saying it's Chocolate Cupcake. Not at all!)
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

I never said my art was good. winner3 never said his art was good.

When I came to this development forum I was sent here by one of the Devs. They had me post my first project *hoodie* in this forum and freeyorp (who was not a Dev at the time) helped me with it.

When you come to a Development Forum you should not expect everyone to just love your work. I ask them almost every day what can I do better? If they cant tell me its really there own fault and I should assume nothing more can be done. :wink: btw someone should be on my cr1 to tell wtf needs to be done :wink: