Atlantica Online

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

dariunas
Novice
Novice

Atlantica Online

Post by dariunas »

Hi all,

I know that Ragnarok has been cited as a game with good music, though I have recently listened to some music from the Atlantica Online > (http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/pds/ost.asp <music available for download

Just wondering what people's opinions were on this? I personally loved the change of musical identity with the various continents and locations. The Korean Village track is a firm favourite... I don't know who composed this OST, though whoever they were, I'm surprised it's not so apparent. Instrumentation-wise it shares a similar feel to some of the FFX tracks...

Hoping some of this gives a little extra inspriration to any composers...
williamblake621
Newly Registered User

Re: Atlantica Online

Post by williamblake621 »

Actually anyone loved to hear music but that should be standard music !
Johnny
Peon
Peon

Re: Atlantica Online

Post by Johnny »

I think drawing inspiration from any other game or other things you hear is a great way to start a custom composure. If you have in mind what you want to do rather than be all over the place, you can plan it out and organize it better IMO. Sometimes for me, melodies just seem to pop into my head and thats how I will make a track. For example, this one:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/52040

was inspired while I was playing Maple Story and got stuck in the Slime Tree. Its also a similar tune in Sleepywood.

So yeah sometimes it comes easier to you if you have something in mind. Also thinking of different elements like of what a Fire Town or Ice Town would sound like helps.