Forum XP proposal

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

enchilado
Knight
Knight

Forum XP proposal

Post by enchilado »

So, this is my idea of an XP system so that valuable posters get lots of XP and trolls get none, unless they're funny.

Members can gain XP, and go up levels on set amounts of XP - eg 25, 50, 100, 200, 400, 800. Your XP may or may not be set back to 0 when you gain a level. At any rate, you cannot lose more than the XP you've gained on that level - eg, you have 121 XP and are on level 4. You can't lose more than 21 XP.

You gain 1 XP for each post you make, and 1 XP per day. If someone +XPs one of your posts, you get 1 XP per level of the person who gives it to you.

Eg, a level 6 member +XPs my post, so I get 6 XP.

As to losing XP, you don't lose as much as you gain; you lose 1 XP per -XP, regardless of the other's level.

Each level can have a catchy name, also.

What think you?
TheBasilisk
Novice
Novice

Re: Forum XP proposal

Post by TheBasilisk »

Not a bad idea... Sounds rather complex though (I know it's simple, but I don't know if it'd be easy to implement).

And
poison_ivy wrote:1 XP per day.
Only if you visit on that day.
Hissssss...
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

This forum is not damn RPG. It's just a tool. If you can not deal with that please go elsewhere.
Balthazaar
Novice
Novice

Post by Balthazaar »

i wrote:This forum is not damn RPG. It's just a tool. If you can not deal with that please go elsewhere.

A tool and here I was thinking it was starting to seem like a DayCare or preschool. *Slaps self in face*
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

I want an XP system so I can go up levels by making hundreds of posts every day and then people will think I'm cool when I'm not. Duh.