Can't wear my moubootaur head

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Can't wear my moubootaur head

Post by kalaez »

but I cant enter in to bug report
I'm Immotev in game
the problem is that suddenly I cant wear my moubootaur head(all game know I get it from platyna in a event, not a ilegal item on me)
when I try to equip it, It says: "this item repells you with extreme force.It does not seem to be meant for you" and then, "message sent"

It happened me this morning at 14'00 spain time never before. What's the problem?? I can't wear it now
please tell me
Check me on myspace/kalaezhh if like spanish hip hop
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Re: Perhaps this is not the place

Post by kalaez »

Still can't wear it, and I've noticed, that when I try to equip it, sometimes my hp becomes the doble, my atack is 520 and I have huge defence. what's happening?? I don't want that, I want to wear again my hat! please tell me something..
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

You can talk to Platyna for a refund on that item that she should've never given you.
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

Only person platyna, ok, I will ask her.. ty, and she gave me cause I won a quizz, like other people got other rares from her.. I just asked for it, and was possible, that's all
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

I've been trying and asking for some help, and it seems the problem is on my moubootaur only. will wait for platyna's help, I hope, thanks
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

moved to general support and gave it a proper title.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

kalaez wrote:(all game know I get it from platyna in a event, not a ilegal item on me)
You're sure? That's quite an accusation, I was under the impression that the items given out at Platyna's events were restricted to items that are obtainable or were obtainable through normal means:
GM log wrote:[2009-11-11 21:02:36] 009-1.gat(51,43) Platyna : @broadcast Any item that was or were available for players in game.

Since there seemed to be an alarming number of unreleased items (some of which with `experimental' (as in, items with no testing or balancing done on them) stats) showing up on the server recently, an equip script was added to most offending items, preventing them from being equipped by characters without @ access or on servers with the debug constant set to a value of zero (the default is to have debug enabled, but this has naturally been disabled on the official server)

Unreleased items (such as the roc knife and the assassin gear) simply unequips the item immediately and explains to the would-be user with the message "You have difficulties equipping this item, as if it is not yet fully in this world."

Special purpose items (such as GM gear and the moubootaur head) unequips the item immediately, sends a message "This item repells you with extreme force. It does not seem to be meant for you.", to explain that this is special purpose gear and not ever intended for general release. It also logs the occurrence in the GM log and sends a message to all online GMs. (There was some discussion as to whether an automatic ban should apply, but my view was that as such items cannot be equipped anyway the potential abuse was already minimised)

Looking through the GM logs, it seems that Platyna did indeed create a Moubootaur head not so long after the announcement:
GM log wrote:[2009-11-11 21:36:38] 009-1.gat(58,39) Platyna : @item 1219
If I was correct in my presumption that Platyna's intent was to only give out items that are or were available for players in general (with which I might well be mistaken) then the possibilities are: that the item was not handed out; that the item was handed out as a genuine mistake (or was tricked into believing that the item was obtainable for the general public at some point in time); that the item was handed out and the intent had been forgotten or disregarded at the time..

Any of those apart from the former are quite alarming, looking through the logs further I can see other OP unreleased items being created, such as the high priest crown with a unique SP bonus and an mbonus four times greater than any item that ever is or was obtainable; the assassin gear, with which a complete set a character would be able to attack so fast that a low range mob would perpetually stunned out of its range and unable to retaliate; the rock knife - it has plus three hundred damage, I don't think that needs explaining given that the best released ingame melee weapon only has plus a hundred and ten; the desert bow, which has a third more damage than any other bow that is or ever was obtainable (discounting the fast attack exploit); all this just reading through the first few lines of the first event... I dread to think of the impact this would have on game economy and what little gameplay tmwAthena has left should such items be made available to the public...

Given the extreme flexibility in stats that characters have, it is far easier to classify characters based on what equipment they use and have (which has been done to some degree when parsing the battle logs for balance data)

As for being a "bug report", this was intentional and was designed as a security measure to protect against a suspected exploit due to there being a number of unexplained unreleased items suddenly sighted on the official server. The additional security measure to protect special purpose items such as GM gear and the moubootaur head was thought of later, but it seems apparent that such items have also been been compromised, regardless of the origin of the item leaks.

This post seems unfortunately rather more verbose than intended, sorry...

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Re: Can't wear my moubootaur head

Post by kalaez »

Ty for moving it, and for telling me all that , really.
I think that creation is the one in which I get my hat, cause it's same hour more or less(what I can remember) and a month ago or so, so all is similar. I understand it's hard to believe I got it from avent, and all that things, I could be a hacker and know try to get it. I'm not, but well, will need to ask her, perhaps she doesn't remember. I hope yes.. It's my favourite hat :P

Oh, and one thing more, platyna said that about only items in game and that, no obtanaible, in game. I mean that for example, she could give as rewar a top hat(unobtanaible), but in game at its day, that was her rule, the item should have been in game. And as far as I know, moubootaur was in game, some old players told me it was a quest in the past, as she says in that quote(WAS OR WERE...)
TY
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

There is a hat with a very similar name (mouboo hat, item id 1216) which was available as part of a previous Christmas event. That's quite different to the moubootaur head, though. :wink:

---Freeyorp
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

me and more people already had the mouboo, now got some in storage,
I mean moubootaur, old people seems to know it was a quest or something, I cant know, I'm here a year or so, but well, At least you know platyna did one some time ago,that same day she did some iron ore, top hats.. and a cap, I remember
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

There was an event with moubootaur a while back, but the item was used to identify the character of the same name for that event, and was not made available to the participants; the reward for the winners was spawns, not the item

---Freeyorp
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

I don't know that, surely you're right ;) all I know is that when platyna did that, I asked to the question of "what was the PH of a solution 1M of HCl" the answer was "I have no idea" but as chemistry student, I told her that it was PH= 1 , and she decided I should get a reward too. so I asked for the moubootaur, she did it, and gave to me, the same day when BBB get his time minutes ago.
I will keep it on storage(gonna put it there now) until I see pltyna or can contact here, or something

((dont remember exactly if it was 1M or what, is an example:P)
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

I think was 0'1M in HCl for being exact xD
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Considering she seems to have give up her position for the time being, I can give you a replacement item.
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

really?? a new moubootaur? or..must I agree to get another thing?Anyway, Will be online in 12hours, time to sleep here, thanks a lot