cr1-concept for a new player style

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

cr1-concept for a new player style

Post by meway »

Ever play diablo 1?

the player sets are full sets and are not visible in-exchangeable items unless they are special items.

so right now we have .
cloth/cotton, silk, leather, chain-male, plate-male, warlord, and variants of each.

so why don't we instead of adding more clothing besides the IMO [req] cotton pants and or plated armour leggings, as visible in game but Just do it by icons, and use these already existing ones as special armers that only appear when you pick up an item linked to there ID.

so item/icon for example: shirt and ripped-shirt both look the same to the player just have different status but the icon's Do not look the same?

keep in mind this would be just an idea for cr1 and it would IMO increase production of items and randomize ability as well as an incentive for players to get new armer so they
can try and gets specialized sets of armer (icon graphical wise) so they look a certain way but not exactly know the outcome unless they were part of that development.

anyway just an idea to think over and if you don't understand something just ask me or if you want to contribute any opinion on it that would be nice if it is helping further develop the idea) also keep in mind the topic is, concept for a new player style, stay on it. thanks
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Re: cr1-concept for a new player style

Post by Kage »

this was the approach WoA was taking... while I don't think we should go to the extreme they were going to... but I do think we can reuse icons/sprites
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I believe that modifying the appearance of your character through clothing is an important way of expression the players would miss a lot.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Im not thinking about taking that away from them either Im thinking of a way to make it fun during game play to get those items. k lets say a special player set would be a purple cotton shirt and pants and boots ...ect.... ok now make an icon that says elven-cloth-shirt and one for elven-cloth-pants...ect... and you get the result of the already existing green outfit and maybe throw in random hats per set.

also this would encourage a new player sprite sheet /outfit style if its acceptable but you don't like the idea of using full tmw content.
kage wrote:this was the approach WoA was taking... while I don't think we should go to the extreme they were going to... but I do think we can reuse icons/sprites
yes I got the idea from Woa, and talking to rotonen made me think why not a new approach we already have the equipment? :lol: