f0rum + game connection

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

styler
Novice
Novice

f0rum + game connection

Post by styler »

maybe we can conbect the forum with the game so maybe for every 100 post u gain an medium good item and for every 1000 post u gain a really good item
but i dont if it works on eA

feedback please :)

regards styler

never think of dead without fighting, ever fight to the last second ...
my char [styler] now is: lvl 66
[styler´s helper] now is: lvl 41
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: f0rum + game connection

Post by Crush »

No.

The forum is already suffering from enough trolls. The only motivation you should have to post in a forum is desire to do serious communication. When you will give people a motivation to increase their post count the additional posts will be useless spam.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

I propose, a new system to end with spam:
Each user starts with a limited number of points (10 for example)
For each point you have, you are allowed to post in ONE topic, Once.
If someone, posts something useful, he gets rewarded with ONE point, and can continue posting.
If someone posts spam, he loses TWO points, for each spam post.
If someone reaches ZERO, his account gets automatically blocked.
(Maybe link game and forum accounts, so that his game account gets banned too)

How to do this, simple, just add a button with "good" and a button with "bad", that appears nex to the "edit" "report" and similar.

This buttons would only be accessible to DEVS and Gms , and acces would increase to those persons, with a good and trustable behaviour, those who reach 100 or 1000 points xD
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Yes, rating every single forum post! Even more work for developers and GMs to keep them away from moderating and developing the game.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
confuciousnz
Novice
Novice

Post by confuciousnz »

Christ almighty, it's the internet, not your kindergarten. We don't need your retarded systems of control. If there were more people like you, the chan sites, SA, and ED would have been destroyed years ago.
LtCl KILGORE
Novice
Novice

Post by LtCl KILGORE »

confuciousnz wrote:Christ almighty, it's the internet, not your kindergarten.
We don't need your retarded systems of control.
If there were more people like you, the chan sites, SA, and ED would have been destroyed years ago.
+1
CHaRLie DoN'T SuRF ! Image[Forum Moderation Compliant-2009] VERITAS Certif:Loose Sections-only
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

confuciousnz wrote:Christ almighty, it's the internet, not your kindergarten. We don't need your retarded systems of control. If there were more people like you, the chan sites, SA, and ED would have been destroyed years ago.
This is not internet. This is our forums. Actually it's our kindergarten. We do need system/content control in order to filter unwanted crap. So go to 4chan and behave as you like.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

confuciousnz wrote:Christ almighty, it's the internet, not your kindergarten. We don't need your retarded systems of control. If there were more people like you, the chan sites, SA, and ED would have been destroyed years ago.
The difference between manaworld.org and the sites you mentioned is that the latter communities are just people entertaining each other. They have no goal besides communication (and bashing scientology, but that fad also went as fast as it came).

Here, on the other hand, we have a specific goal: we want to develop a game. Some seriousness and control is necessary to do this. You can not apply the same moderation style here.
  • NOT a game master

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

After my dead body. :evil:

Regards.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Platyna wrote:After my dead body. :evil:

Regards.
Bang bang! Consider that as done :P
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Can we just get rid of forum status? for maybe a week? just to test. It dose not do anything and really should not be an incentive to contribute information or ideas and other thoughts. It should all be in part of communication to the team to accomplish our very smiler goal. If i'm not mistaken this is a development forum anyone who is not a player but has some hand at contribution should put there hand at cr1 so we can have at least something to work with. than see about going back to trolls.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

I wouldn't mind making Post Counts visible to Admins, Devs and GMs only. Join Dates can remain, however.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

why even make it visible go them it should not matter? like at all you should be posting to help not for a number.