Can't make; gives massive errors.

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Arktis
Peon
Peon

Can't make; gives massive errors.

Post by Arktis »

Hi. Some help with this problem would be appreciated. :wink:

Trying to make 0.0.15 on ubuntu Hoary results in the following :

Code: Select all

g++  -g -O2   -o tmw   `pkg-config --libs libxml-2.0` tmw-spriteset.o tmw-browserbox.o tmw-buddywindow.o tmw-button.o tmw-buy.o tmw-buysell.o tmw-chargedialog.o tmw-char_server.o tmw-char_select.o tmw-chat.o tmw-chatinput.o tmw-checkbox.o tmw-confirm_dialog.o tmw-equipmentwindow.o tmw-focushandler.o tmw-gui.o tmw-help.o tmw-inventorywindow.o tmw-itemcontainer.o tmw-item_amount.o tmw-listbox.o tmw-login.o tmw-minimap.o tmw-newskill.o tmw-npc.o tmw-npc_text.o tmw-ok_dialog.o tmw-passwordfield.o tmw-playerbox.o tmw-popupmenu.o tmw-progressbar.o tmw-radiobutton.o tmw-requesttrade.o tmw-scrollarea.o tmw-sell.o tmw-setup.o tmw-skill.o tmw-slider.o tmw-status.o tmw-stats.o tmw-textbox.o tmw-textfield.o tmw-trade.o tmw-window.o tmw-windowcontainer.o tmw-inttextbox.o tmw-box.o tmw-vbox.o tmw-hbox.o tmw-updatewindow.o tmw-network.o tmw-protocol.o tmw-image.o tmw-iteminfo.o tmw-itemmanager.o tmw-mapreader.o tmw-music.o tmw-resource.o tmw-resourcemanager.o tmw-soundeffect.o tmw-buddylist.o tmw-base64.o tmw-being.o tmw-configuration.o tmw-engine.o tmw-equipment.o tmw-floor_item.o tmw-game.o tmw-graphics.o tmw-inventory.o tmw-item.o tmw-log.o tmw-main.o tmw-map.o tmw-sound.o -L/usr/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lSDL_image -lSDL_mixer -lpthread  -lguichan_sdl -lguichan -lGL -lguichan_opengl -lphysfs -L/usr/lib -lcurl -lidn -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lssl -lcrypto -ldl -lz -lSDL_mixer -lSDL_image -lxml2 -lcurl -lphysfs -lguichan
/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.6, needed by /usr/lib/libguichan_sdl.so, may conflict with libstdc++.so.5
tmw-button.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button+0x150):/usr/include/c++/3.3/bits/basic_string.h:249: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::Button::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-button.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button+0x154):/usr/include/c++/3.3/i486-linux/bits/atomicity.h:38: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::Button::mouseRelease(int, int, int)'
tmw-button.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button+0x158):/usr/include/c++/3.3/bits/basic_string.h:249: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::Button::mouseClick(int, int, int, int)'
tmw-button.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button+0x178):gui/button.cpp:44: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-124] to gcn::Button::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-button.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Button+0x17c):gui/button.cpp:44: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-124] to gcn::Button::keyRelease(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-chatinput.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9ChatInput+0x148):gui/chatinput.cpp:30: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::TextField::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-chatinput.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9ChatInput+0x170):/usr/include/c++/3.3/i486-linux/bits/atomicity.h:38: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-124] to gcn::TextField::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-checkbox.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV8CheckBox+0x150):gui/checkbox.cpp:46: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::CheckBox::mouseClick(int, int, int, int)'
tmw-checkbox.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV8CheckBox+0x170):/usr/include/c++/3.3/bits/basic_string.h:207: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-124] to gcn::CheckBox::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-listbox.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV7ListBox+0x140):gui/listbox.cpp:45: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::ListBox::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-listbox.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV7ListBox+0x168):gui/listbox.cpp:50: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-124] to gcn::ListBox::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-passwordfield.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV13PasswordField+0x148):gui/passwordfield.cpp:49: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::TextField::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-passwordfield.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV13PasswordField+0x170):/usr/include/c++/3.3/bits/basic_string.h:249: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-124] to gcn::TextField::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-playerbox.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9PlayerBox+0x1d8):gui/playerbox.cpp:32: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::ScrollArea::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-playerbox.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9PlayerBox+0x1dc):gui/playerbox.cpp:32: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseRelease(int, int, int)'
tmw-playerbox.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9PlayerBox+0x1e4):gui/playerbox.cpp:32: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseWheelUp(int, int)'
tmw-playerbox.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9PlayerBox+0x1e8):gui/playerbox.cpp:36: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseWheelDown(int, int)'
tmw-playerbox.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9PlayerBox+0x1ec):gui/playerbox.cpp:36: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseMotion(int, int)'
tmw-radiobutton.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV11RadioButton+0x154):/usr/include/c++/3.3/bits/basic_string.h:249: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::RadioButton::mouseClick(int, int, int, int)'
tmw-radiobutton.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV11RadioButton+0x174):/usr/include/c++/3.3/bits/basic_string.h:207: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-124] to gcn::RadioButton::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-scrollarea.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10ScrollArea+0x1d8):gui/scrollarea.cpp:59: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::ScrollArea::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-scrollarea.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10ScrollArea+0x1dc):gui/scrollarea.cpp:59: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseRelease(int, int, int)'
tmw-scrollarea.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10ScrollArea+0x1e4):gui/scrollarea.cpp:59: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseWheelUp(int, int)'
tmw-scrollarea.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10ScrollArea+0x1e8):gui/scrollarea.cpp:60: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseWheelDown(int, int)'
tmw-scrollarea.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10ScrollArea+0x1ec):gui/scrollarea.cpp:60: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::ScrollArea::mouseMotion(int, int)'
tmw-slider.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Slider+0x178):gui/slider.cpp:40: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::Slider::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-slider.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Slider+0x17c):gui/slider.cpp:40: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::Slider::mouseRelease(int, int, int)'
tmw-slider.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Slider+0x18c):gui/slider.cpp:40: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::Slider::mouseMotion(int, int)'
tmw-slider.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV6Slider+0x1a0):gui/slider.cpp:41: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-124] to gcn::Slider::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-textbox.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV7TextBox+0x17c):/usr/include/c++/3.3/bits/sstream.tcc:171: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::TextBox::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-textbox.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV7TextBox+0x1a4):/usr/include/c++/3.3/bits/stl_construct.h:101: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-124] to gcn::TextBox::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-textfield.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9TextField+0x148):gui/textfield.cpp:47: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::TextField::mousePress(int, int, int)'
tmw-textfield.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV9TextField+0x170):/usr/include/c++/3.3/bits/stl_alloc.h:656: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-124] to gcn::TextField::keyPress(gcn::Key const&)'
tmw-inttextbox.o(.gnu.linkonce.r._ZTV10IntTextBox+0x17c):/usr/include/c++/3.3/bits/sstream.tcc:171: undefined reference to `non-virtual thunk [nv:-120] to gcn::TextBox::mousePress(int, int, int)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [tmw] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/arktis/temp/tmw-0.0.15/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/arktis/temp/tmw-0.0.15'
make: *** [all] Error 2
arktis@Arkhome:~/temp/tmw-0.0.15$
I think that the problem is shown in the line "/usr/bin/ld: warning: libstdc++.so.6, needed by /usr/lib/libguichan_sdl.so, may conflict with libstdc++.so.5".

Anything I can do? The TMW repository does NOT currently work with Ubuntu 5.04 Hoary Hedgehog. This is due to the tmw deb depending on libcurl3 7.14.0-2 or greater and Hoary using a lower version. There may be more problems, but I couldn't get past this one so I wouldn't know.
Insert Here
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Did you try also compiling Guichan yourself?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Yeah I had the same problem and compiling guichan fixed it. Thanks to Doener suggestion, he suggested that guichan version was compiled using gcc 4.0 while I was using 3.3.
Arktis
Peon
Peon

Post by Arktis »

Sorry it took so long to reply, it's just that after trying your solution and running into another wall, I decided to just forget about it for a bit.

Firstly, ./configure for guichan is unable to get opengl support. Full functionality of guichan would be nice. It's not your problem, I know.

After making and installing guichan (without opengl), the configure and make for tmw (without opengl) seems to go fine. However, after installing and trying to run the game, I get the following error:

Code: Select all

tmw: error while loading shared libraries: libguichan_sdl.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
arktis@Arkhome:~/temp/tmw-0.0.15$
At this point, I am almost infuriated.

Edit: Solved. Had to move the libraries to /usr/lib/
Insert Here
maci
Knight
Knight

Post by maci »

you just need to be sure the path to the file is in your ld.so.conf

reconfiguring guichan with prefix=/usr or adding the line to ld.so.conf should fix the problem
ElvenProgrammer wrote:Maci: don't be rude, we're here to help people ;)
Arktis
Peon
Peon

Post by Arktis »

I wanted to add that I just upgraded to ubuntu breezy badger today (clean install) and the TMW debian repository works with it.

So, many thanks for having the repo availible. :)
Insert Here