Habari [poll was manipulated]

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you think Habari could maybe make a good GM?

yes
75%
no
25%

Total votes: 135
JAMBO
Peon
Peon

Habari [poll was manipulated]

Post by JAMBO »

i think habari will make a good gm!!

http://forums.themanaworld.org/memberli ... ile&u=2868
Last edited by JAMBO on 13 Jan 2010, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
Jambo game, super player of TMW!!
Habari
Novice
Novice

Re: Habari

Post by Habari »

I am posting here my questionnaire too: for your information.
1. What is the best way to help a new player who just started playing the game in your opinion (when you are not a game master but just a normal player)?

Well, showing him the way, to different places, telling him about events and different gm´s , fighting with him , to protect him, so he can level up

2. When you would have the ability to spawn items using a GM command, who would get what from you?

Nobody would get absolutely anything, because that would encourage begging, and its a great problem in game.

3. You are a GM, get online and immediately receive reports about these behaviors by different players about different players. Please order them by your priority in dealing with them:
-advertisement for other servers
-botting
-insults
-not speaking english in public
-scamming
-spamming

--Insults are the most urgent think (if directed at other people)
--botting, would come second
--Spamming.
--Scamming

I consider that advertising other servers is not an offense (unless its spamming), because our players should have freedom of speech.

Also, i think the same, about the "not speaking English in public rule" , its a Nazi , Racist and useless rule , and a i am not going to pretend being in favor of the rule, even if, as a consequence i lose all my chances of being a GM.

4. A player disagrees with your decisions and starts to insult you in public. How would you react?

I would try to explain him politely, that he must change his behavior, and in case he continued he would get a warning followed by a temporary ban.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

Also, my little profile: :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Experience:
  • I have played The Mana World for almost four years.
    I joined the Forums, just two years and a month ago.
Record:
  • I have a clean Record and have never been banned
    Nor have I had any problems with Gm´s/dev´s
    Never been scammed and/or hacked , i´m a responsible person with passwords and such.
Contributions:
  • Wrote several wiki entries, active forum activity (no spamming :lol: )
    Did most part of spanish translation of the client.
Ideals:

Even if i am been playing TMW for nearly 4 years, i barely have any kind of items,
i dir reach level 42 trough, i have never been interested in obtaining any kind of power
or richness inside game, and just play the game to have fun and be an active part of the community

Regards;
ariani
Peon
Peon

Post by ariani »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
tommyverchety
Peon
Peon

Post by tommyverchety »

75% yes and 25% no

this is done

needs to be locked
swimmy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by swimmy »

http://forums.themanaworld.org/memberli ... start=4950
There are many account with random names. I guess this means a person made these account to vote this, so we have such many votes.
I don't think this is right...
who was...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I remember the voting on this candidate to be mostly negative in the first days. And now such a rush? In correlation with a mass-registration of random account names? Sorry, but that's just not believeable.

For fairness reasons Habari can request that we analyze the database to check if it really were these accounts that voted for him, but I believe this to be futile.

Closed because of manipulation attempt.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.