beastmans of the forest

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Link , hero of time
Novice
Novice
Location: it varies from game to game , "The Legend of Zelda" but I often find myself to Hyrule

Re: beastmans of the forest

Post by Link , hero of time »

skipy wrote:
Lizandra wrote:Is there any program available to test the movement? I was thinking of drawing some "stick-ball figures"...balls for the articulations, that's usually my method. Also i thought it would be easier to draw this and then draw the real monster on the "skelleton" of stick-ball...i don't know if there is such thing... :wink:
use gimp!!!!!
and use layers .....one movement on ech layer....

(((i have no idea if i made any sents on all)))) sleeeeeeeeeeeeeepp
Only if you Save at the format "GIF"

save the world, because Ganon is here
link the hero of time
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

So far we have two developers recommending you to do the animation first before trying to lock in the shading and details so you do not have to do that hard work many times because you have to change something in the shape to fit the animation.

We also have helpful people recommending GIMP for you and telling you how to do animations in it.

We should also have enough loitering people around to help you with anything related to your piece of pixel art if you'd ask for help.
This message used to be meaningful.
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

Well....sorry about: size/background colour...etc....i think i've got something...just a stick figure with the movement of the beast...critics are welcome.
Attachments
09.gif
09.gif (2.7 KiB) Viewed 1770 times

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Lizandra wrote:Well....sorry about: size/background colour...etc....i think i've got something...just a stick figure with the movement of the beast...critics are welcome.
looks better .....

one thing i see.. (or dont see) is what leg is what?
if you look close the movement works good just hard to see .....heres a {{{{example}}}} of how i work to see what im doing :wink:
i think if you did it in 2 colors like this your out come would put mine to shame :roll: :lol:

give it a try ....and see what you think..

good luck -skipy
Attachments
04  beast teast move.gif
04 beast teast move.gif (4.76 KiB) Viewed 1755 times
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I think the spineline should move a bit with the movement too. Currently the staticness pops out to me from the movement.
This message used to be meaningful.
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

Yes, I think the spine should arch to the point where all four legs touch or nearly touch and then the spine should flatten back out as front and back legs separate or distance from each other.

*Gimp also has a windows version, just in case someone didn't know.
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

salmondine wrote:*Gimp also has a windows version, just in case someone didn't know.
that thing there i've done with it =) i already downloaded gimp =)

Level 76!

lien
Warrior
Warrior

Post by lien »

Lizandra wrote:
salmondine wrote:*Gimp also has a windows version, just in case someone didn't know.
that thing there i've done with it =) i already downloaded gimp =)
*Gimp also has a macintosh version, just in case someone didn't know.
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

i did the colours and i'm working on that spine movement...first attempts --> failure =)
1st it seemed that the spine was made of rubber, the 2nd one seemed like it was waving....
I'll continue working on this :wink:
Attachments
11.gif
11.gif (1.73 KiB) Viewed 1586 times

Level 76!