Possible new trousers item

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Necromokron
Novice
Novice

Possible new trousers item

Post by Necromokron »

I have always wanted to be able to have trousers...

So I decided to try out creating my own by editing the black shorts. :D
It went surprisingly well for my first try, so I decided to post it here, feel free to try and improve it, but if its made, I still want SOME credit!
Black Trousers.JPG
I might make more views of it (e.g. sitting down) later, but please tell me what you think of it. :mrgreen:

EDIT: Made an inventory view. :D
Black Trousers 2.JPG
August Knight
Novice
Novice

Re: Possible new trousers item

Post by August Knight »

Not bad, I actually like them.

On top of that, we should add more pants/leg defense equip items in the game.
We only have cotton shorts, jean shorts, then Jean chaps. that's 3.

Maybe this could be an item to bridge the gap between the jean shorts to jean chaps.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

August Knight wrote:Not bad, I actually like them.

On top of that, we should add more pants/leg defense equip items in the game.
We only have cotton shorts, jean shorts, then Jean chaps. that's 3.

Maybe this could be an item to bridge the gap between the jean shorts to jean chaps.
Feel free to work on more equipment.
August Knight
Novice
Novice

Post by August Knight »

I think I'll leave that job to the talented and budding artists of our community like Necromokron.

I can barely make a stick figure.
Necromokron
Novice
Novice

Post by Necromokron »

Me? Talented? It's easy! All I did was lengthen the Black shorts and re-colour the jeans-chaps inventory icon (was kind of annoying). Theres really nothing to it (daemonowner helped me a bit with my awesome new flame decals, yay). :P

In my opinion the in-game view looks like long shorts, I might actually try out redoing the jeans-chaps. :|

Btw drawing stick figures is really easy, but I stopped drawing, I just animate them with Pivot V.3. :mrgreen:

P.S: Like my Flame Decals? If possible I would like to add those to the game as well, as I have made an inventory view and I will make side and back views soon. I would also like the Black Sunglasses to be added, as people have made ideas for them but they have never been made. :(
AcnotAlpha
Novice
Novice

Post by AcnotAlpha »

I'd like to see these ingame too; any idea if they're going to be accepted? One question though: does the client-side recolor function work with already colored items, or would it have to be changed to the white/gray color?
Ingame: Kra'Toth
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

The icon images look pretty good =]
Do you have sprite sets or partial sprite sets done, if so please post them, it will really help.

As far as changing a recolored or dyed item, well it will need a new item # and database entries.
I would suggest it be an item that can be lengthened.

Long pants or trousers could then become dyable as well.
I think these are needed for mens formal wear development, (future tux or tails), to match with womans valentines dress.

Flames look good on black but, I really have doubts about other colors, like pink and yellow for example.
But a separate quest to obtain flamed trousers is doable if it is a separate Item # in the xmls and database
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

AcnotAlpha wrote:One question though: does the client-side recolor function work with already colored items, or would it have to be changed to the white/gray color?
You have to change the color to pure gray to allow automatic recoloring. Technically there are also other color ramps which can be dyed (pure red, green, blue, yellow, magenta and cyan with 100% saturation), but usually it is the easiest way to run the image through a convert-to-grayscale filter and use the gray channel.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Necromokron
Novice
Novice

Post by Necromokron »

salmondine wrote: Flames look good on black but, I really have doubts about other colors, like pink and yellow for example.
But a separate quest to obtain flamed trousers is doable if it is a separate Item # in the xmls and database
The flame decal outfit was designed to be only black, not dyeable. :mrgreen:

Unfortunately I have no clue how to get the other frames e.g. walking frames, attacking frames, etc so if someone could kindly give them to me, I could make the flame decal costume (I prefer it over the trousers :P )
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

Sorry for pulling this old thread out of the depths of the forum. But since my wife and me are still working on the wedding-quest stuff (yes, we do). We found that the black trousers would fit very nice to the things we need.
Maybe we can put things together... So have a look at this topic

[WIP]Wedding-Quest

Thanks,
Dicekid & Honey-Bunny
Roll the dice, kid!
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Unfortunately these trousers only four frames completed, which apparently aren't even on a proper spritesheet (just drawn onto that picture of Necro).

I'm working on trousers myself, but also on about ten other things so it could take a while. They'll be dyeable, though, not just black. I could finish it within a week if I actually worked at it... which I suppose I'll do once I've finished my current project. Probably.
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

poison_ivy wrote:Unfortunately these trousers only four frames completed, which apparently aren't even on a proper spritesheet (just drawn onto that picture of Necro).

I'm working on trousers myself, but also on about ten other things so it could take a while. They'll be dyeable, though, not just black. I could finish it within a week if I actually worked at it... which I suppose I'll do once I've finished my current project. Probably.
Dyeable trousers would do it, too. So one has to dye them before one could use them for the quest.

And speaking of time and "other things" one has to do.... It's the same for me. So this stuff will take some time. But I wanted to make a note to this thing here because it looked like someone is doing something which could be useful for my work, too.

So if you, poison_ivy, ever make trousers just give me a note. Would be nice. :-) And be sure it is not really urgent.
Roll the dice, kid!