[REQ]New rule for GM Community Suggestions

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

New rule?

Yes
47%
No
37%
Idk but it sounds interesting
No votes
idk
11%
idc
5%

Total votes: 19
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

[REQ]New rule for GM Community Suggestions

Post by baseballboy »

On rule number 6 it stats that "A person suggested has to collect at least 60 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
" could we add a new rule where if the user gets post that are 25% yes and 75% no (1:3 ratio)? For example: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =25&t=9301 That is stupid to let a post continue to go on when it is an obvious NO. Which in that case if the rule is to be added any post with a ratio 1:3 should be locked.

<!--BBB-->
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
August Knight
Novice
Novice

Re: [REQ]New rule for GM Community Suggestions

Post by August Knight »

In that case,

Would you allow for people who were "locked" to go for re-election on the next GM elections?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

That is stupid to let a post continue to go on when it is an obvious NO.
why?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
August Knight
Novice
Novice

Post by August Knight »

(if you were responding to me Crush)

Well you're saying you'd block/lock those who failed at becoming a GM at the first time? They wouldn't be allowed to try again another time (month/year?).

and to push BBB's point, keep this election open .. for a long time? (why?) When we're haven't had much more votes pouring in or new candidates?
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Sorry, I was responding to Baseballboy.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Billr
Peon
Peon

Post by Billr »

Why not just toss out the negative votes and only count the positive votes so that whoever gets the most positive votes are those more likely to be GM? Say ... pick the top 10 people, make them all GM's and assign them areas of the map to watch over or specific GM duties. You can ranks of GM, like patrol, lieutenant, captain, detective, forensics.

Bill
Link , hero of time
Novice
Novice
Location: it varies from game to game , "The Legend of Zelda" but I often find myself to Hyrule

Post by Link , hero of time »

Billr wrote:Why not just toss out the negative votes and only count the positive votes so that whoever gets the most positive votes are those more likely to be GM? Say ... pick the top 10 people, make them all GM's and assign them areas of the map to watch over or specific GM duties. You can ranks of GM, like patrol, lieutenant, captain, detective, forensics.

Bill
they aren't police
they are gms

the guards of Hyrule they are police
link the hero of time
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

Crush wrote:
That is stupid to let a post continue to go on when it is an obvious NO.
why?
Well honestly what is the point in watching someone be torn to shreads over 75+ people. I am not one to care about people's feelings but I do know that I wouldn't want a thread about me the continue on and on. And I already know you guys are busy with Mana. And that is where another thing falls into play. We should appoint people outside of our Devs to moderate the forums because it seems to be taking alot of their time when they could be working on mana.

<!--BBB-->
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

baseballboy wrote:I do know that I wouldn't want a thread about me the continue on and on.
That's why everyone can request to close the thread about his or her GM nomination.
  • NOT a game master

Billr
Peon
Peon

Post by Billr »

Link , hero of time wrote:
Billr wrote:Why not just toss out the negative votes and only count the positive votes so that whoever gets the most positive votes are those more likely to be GM? Say ... pick the top 10 people, make them all GM's and assign them areas of the map to watch over or specific GM duties. You can ranks of GM, like patrol, lieutenant, captain, detective, forensics.

Bill
they aren't police
they are gms

[/color]
Police: to supervise the operation, execution, or administration of to prevent or detect and prosecute violations of rules and regulations b : to exercise such supervision over the policies and activities of.
Sounds pretty close to what GM's are asked to do.
daemonowner
Novice
Novice

Post by daemonowner »

i do agree with billr on this, perhaps police-like gm's should be appointed, im not sure about the ranks like forensic but it still seems like a good idea to me
Daemonowner ~ consistent player of tmw
Link , hero of time
Novice
Novice
Location: it varies from game to game , "The Legend of Zelda" but I often find myself to Hyrule

Post by Link , hero of time »

Billr wrote:
Link , hero of time wrote:

Bill
they aren't police
they are gms

[/color]
Police: to supervise the operation, execution, or administration of to prevent or detect and prosecute violations of rules and regulations b : to exercise such supervision over the policies and activities of.
Sounds pretty close to what GM's are asked to do.

the players are so dangerous, or this is for add jobs. then it should have the police firefighters hairdressers the gardener ...

jobs are easier to keep when you're a npc
link the hero of time
August Knight
Novice
Novice

Post by August Knight »

Before the elections we had one particular specialization:

Event Coordinator. (GM like): in charge of global announcements of group events, special events: like drop parties, treasure chest runs, and snake cave runs.

If we're looking at specialization of the GMs.
Perhaps we should look into MEDIATORS

Mediator. (GM class): specialized in handling situation between players, trade disagreements, and other internal game disputes.

I'm not saying we need to create these specialized classes, but we could just announce that one Gm is just more suited for one particular enforcement of the rules.

This can be displayed, not by changing the name, but by the color of the name.

Blue for mediators, or Green for Junior GMs, Red for General GMs. etc...
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

August Knight wrote:This can be displayed, not by changing the name, but by the color of the name.

Blue for mediators, or Green for Junior GMs, Red for General GMs. etc...
Only a single highlight is supported at the moment. And it's color is changeable client-side. The next release might support more.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Regarding the Mediator class: Do these people really need any GM rights?

If not what do they need GM status for?

Isn't this something the community could organize itself without the support of the administration?
  • NOT a game master