Pink antennas to wear....just an idea

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Pink antennas to wear....just an idea

Post by Crush »

I checked your graphic in Gimp. No worder transparency isn't working for you properly - you are using indexed palette mode. You should use RGB mode.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

i cant do it...can u fix it for me? i already converted to RGB, i just dont know if that's all i need to do...:s

Is it good now?
Attachments
pink antennas.png
pink antennas.png (565 Bytes) Viewed 2829 times

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

Galadriel
Novice
Novice

Post by Galadriel »

I'd like to see this hat in game.

with all due respect, the current hat is ... uhm ... well, i'd like to see this hat in game.
"Spoken like a tru lover of the beast" --zyperz, one time member of Corum's party. A little projection there, zyperz?

Verbose Ubuntu compiling instructions for the 4144 game patch
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Galadriel wrote:I'd like to see this hat in game.

with all due respect, the current hat is ... uhm ... well, i'd like to see this hat in game.
If you really want to see this hat in game then you need to start working on creating different view sets for this hat in every player pose. Here is the positions the hat will have to occupy, from other hats already in GIT:

Example from bandana
Example from Christmas Hat
Example fo Santa Beard Hat

As you can see you will need image each for front view, left side view, rear view, right side view and one view for when the player is dead (the headgear usually falls off).

Having these done will make it much easier to integrate into the game currently.

Does anyone have any ideas on the quest involved to get the new hat? I can start helping to write the script for it (using an exsisting NPC) if the author of the item has an idea on how they would like it introduced in game. (Remember though, if you come up with a "King of the Pinkies" idea, or something like that then you need a whole new monster animated unless you are using the existing pinkie sprite.) Maybe some kind of alchemy involving several regular pinkie hats and some other other components or something?
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Dallas wrote:Aren't Pinkie Hats already in game? But just dropped by the Pinkies?

I think most recent posts were just suggesting changing the graphics for the hat and not introducing a new item.
Yes, pinkie hats are currently in the game. But while changing the grpahic would require less work, straight out, I think it would be better to make an additional quest to get the new item - something players have to work at, and put forth effort. The big gripe I always hear is lack of content - making up many small quests isn't major content, but it does give bored players somethign to do (such as the gather 50 snake tongue quests, etc).
Goestin
Peon
Peon

Post by Goestin »

cool idea

---------------------
GO-GO-GO GOESTIN¡¡¡ :p
Dude
Novice
Novice

Post by Dude »

Ceros wrote:
Dallas wrote:Aren't Pinkie Hats already in game? But just dropped by the Pinkies?

I think most recent posts were just suggesting changing the graphics for the hat and not introducing a new item.
Yes, pinkie hats are currently in the game. But while changing the grpahic would require less work, straight out, I think it would be better to make an additional quest to get the new item - something players have to work at, and put forth effort. The big gripe I always hear is lack of content - making up many small quests isn't major content, but it does give bored players somethign to do (such as the gather 50 snake tongue quests, etc).
This....I was thinking you collect two regular pinkie hats and take them to one of the crafters who'll make you the double hat for a nominal fee....
Dude - lvl 99
...and yes I know where my car is.....
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

As jax posted....http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4673. sprite set thread
But I also think the dead image frame should match the Icon barret style inventory image

Lizandra is drawing a inventory Icon for this =]Image

Maybe agostine can make this or another NPC with a "bring me 100 good pinkie stalks and maybe 2 will be good enough to work." script =]
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

Better? :roll:

(Maybe it'd be better if this topic was moved to Graphics Dev...no?)
Attachments
double_pinkie_icon.png
double_pinkie_icon.png (457 Bytes) Viewed 2436 times
double_pinkie.png
double_pinkie.png (905 Bytes) Viewed 2445 times

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

Link , hero of time
Novice
Novice
Location: it varies from game to game , "The Legend of Zelda" but I often find myself to Hyrule

Post by Link , hero of time »

cool !!

nothing to say
link the hero of time
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

Maybe better now...
Attachments