Help inserting monsters into a map

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

leofilipe
Peon
Peon

Help inserting monsters into a map

Post by leofilipe »

Hi, I’m not sure if I should post this question on this board, but it seems to be the one that fits it the best. If it’s the wrong one, please move the topic to the proper board. I've searched the forum for this but since I couldn't really find it I'll just ask. =]

I'm playing with the mana world resources, running it on my own computer as a local server and using Tiled to change the maps. I had no problem with static content like ground, trees, etc, but I couldn't add or delete monsters from the maps or any other kind of objects. Even if I add or delete an object from the map it keeps showing up when I run my client and server. And I’m sure that I’m loading the right maps cause if I let a map open in Tiled my server can not upload it and so my client can’t find it.

I searched the forum and the wiki, but the only thing I could find on the mapping tutorial [http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Mapping_Tutorial] related to that was this:
You can't define the portals with Tiled, by the way. Leave this to the server administrators. The same applies to monster population, NPCs and other interactive objects.
So, could anyone please tell me how can I do these kinds of things?

Thanks.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Re: Help inserting monsters into a map

Post by Jaxad0127 »

With eAthena, those are stored in text files it reads. In our eAthena data repository, there is a converter that'll write those (and do some other housecleaning). After changing the maps, just run it and it'll update walkmaps, warps, monsters, etc.
leofilipe
Peon
Peon

Post by leofilipe »

jaxad0127 wrote:With eAthena, those are stored in text files it reads. In our eAthena data repository, there is a converter that'll write those (and do some other housecleaning). After changing the maps, just run it and it'll update walkmaps, warps, monsters, etc.
Thanks, I had a bit of trouble to put the converter to work but I finally did it. But, I had to copy the file "resnametable.txt" from the old data folder to the new one. Could you please tell me what is this file and what should I change in it in order to add new maps?

Thanks.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Did you read the README file?

resnametable.txt lists each map file. Just add new maps using the same format as existing ones.