if i go to hell can i get it back?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

DeathJoker
Novice
Novice

if i go to hell can i get it back?

Post by DeathJoker »

I think i may have gone and sold my soul to satan.

but i want it back!!!

maybe there could be a quest wherein you go to hell and retreive it?

i also want to get really drunk after a few beers
I am the leader of Grey Mana. Image
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

since you already fell for it, and i value my character (so i won't try it myself): what effects does selling your soul have?

good idea with the get-your-soul-back-quest - for the time being we could tint the cave tileset red-ish, bang, ghetto hell tiles.

how would being drunk show in your opinion? maybe if the effect could be used elsewhere someone could actually be arsed to implement something (e.g. strong red blur on the whole screen when getting hit, light to medium colour-neutral blur when drunk)
DeathJoker
Novice
Novice

Post by DeathJoker »

selling your soul gives you super strength and health

and being drunk could lower your accuracy and make you fal down a lot
as well as making you have blured vision and you life gauge would alwys be full even when your hp is low
I am the leader of Grey Mana. Image
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

how about inaccurate walking? like having a 25% chance at every tile you walk to walk into a different direction instead.
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: if i go to hell can i get it back?

Post by Modanung »

DeathJoker wrote:i also want to get really drunk after a few beers
That, my friend, is impossible. Try some stronger alcoholic beverages.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
ktm
Novice
Novice

Post by ktm »

DeathJoker wrote:selling your soul gives you super strength and health
well, didnt really do anything for a new character i created to try it...

the inaccurate gauges when drunk are a really good idea. if i'd have anything to say, i'd add it immediately... how about a similar effect when you eat shroomz in the woods (when we got some, of course), just that the bars also cycle through every colour of the rainbow ^_^

i think some general weather/drunk/pain overlays could be a good addition, like mentioned pain-/alco-blur, or sand blowing through the desert, some clouds above the forest, fog in the swamps... one'd just need to add a layer right below the gui one, with a texture that gets shifted by a few pixels every few frames. downside is, alpha channel operations are slow, so it'd better be optional w/ a default to "off".
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

DeathJoker wrote:I think i may have gone and sold my soul to satan.

but i want it back!!!

maybe there could be a quest wherein you go to hell and retreive it?

i also want to get really drunk after a few beers
In one word: no.

The npcs asks you three times, if you accepted at the first question oh well then you should have thought about it a little more

[EDIT]and also, maybe this topic doesn't suit news, not everyone is interested in the fact that you sold your soul[/EDIT]
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

ElvenProgrammer wrote:[EDIT]and also, maybe this topic doesn't suit news, not everyone is interested in the fact that you sold your soul[/EDIT]
I'm pretty sure about that... I, for one, don't give a roasted peanut.
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

The soulthief script sets the Job lvl to 1.
Lucrus
Peon
Peon

Idea...

Post by Lucrus »

Since your brainstorming drunken effects I thought I should add my two cents. How about reversing the directional controls or just slowing down movement, and, personally, I was going to remake my character in the new server anyway. So the soul-less class was a godsend.
Good, Evil. These are only words used to justify the conflict. Idiotic though, as conflict itself is just...
jdodson
Peon
Peon

Post by jdodson »

Matt wrote:The soulthief script sets the Job lvl to 1.
is that all it does? i remember it saying something about deleting your character on a server move?

it wasnt that easy to understand, or at least i didnt get it. i did it to try the new skills. not really sure if my character will stick around now, fun to work with the new stuff though.

if all it does is reset you to lvl 1 and let you try the new skills then cool.