Follow Wesnoth's Example (forums)

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

bcs86
Warrior
Warrior

Follow Wesnoth's Example (forums)

Post by bcs86 »

Wesnoth's Home Page
Wesnoth's Posting Guidelines

For those who do not know, Wesnoth is one of the best GPL games available. They have been successful fostering its development, especially music.

I don't frequent there, but I think it is crucial to take notes of how they got where they are. I'm sure it is nothing short of hard work and perseverance on one hand, but on the other I'm wondering about their rules and development structure.

One thing is for certain: they don't put up with crap from anyone. Even their Off Topic section is elegant.

Only hard work will determine the quality of TMW, but isn't there something to be learned about fostering that hard work?
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Follow Wesnoth's Example (forums)

Post by Matt »

Ask Jetryl about that.
Last edited by Matt on 05 Feb 2010, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
bcs86
Warrior
Warrior

Post by bcs86 »

I imagine if Jetryl were here he would tell me to work hard and not expect others to help.

Jetryl's words are common sense. From what I've briefly seen on their forums he seems to complete a lot of graphical work himself, and just to think, graphics aren't his academic major.

Jetryl inspires me. Many of TMW's graphics people do also.

If there isn't any procedure to adopt from them, their forums still make for an inspiring read.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

I'm also Jetryl's fan ;)
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

We've migrated into a multi tiered forum access system, which is partly copied over from them.

As for the differences in communities: We have a pretty average young MMO crowd which free-to-play MMOs seem to attract. They have a pretty average crowd for a turn based board game involving thinking. There might be a slight difference in how they behave.
This message used to be meaningful.