[WIP] New playerset-Meway/contributers

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

[WIP] New playerset-Meway/contributers

Post by meway »

As everyone knows or I hope they do know. Fother_j Is not well. Fother_j was currently the person in-charge of the player-sets. I am willing to take over but It was suggested to me by Rotonen that a new player-set should be created. It was also suggested to me by bcs that a class system was implemented. When making the player-sets I want the Armor to be Drawn on. Custom ability will still be their but the player will need to chose outfits instead of single peace clothing to make their own.

I am asking any person interested graphics! to apply their own look. It will need to be a Full set! to work. We can no longer peace together clothing it just does not work the best.

The Dead Line is April 24th Before I revert back to the original player sets.

I have good hopes that previous graphics developers Help with this. Irukard, Len, axl, rotonen, crush, and even other contributes are welcome. If you have concept you are welcome.
Attachments
player-set4.PNG
player-set4.PNG (2.7 KiB) Viewed 6404 times
Last edited by meway on 08 Feb 2010, 07:33, edited 2 times in total.
bcs86
Warrior
Warrior

Re: New_player_set [cr1]

Post by bcs86 »

I have a work in progress different from yours to post when it looks ready.
I'm trying my hardest to get the perspective perfect.

With a class system we make many player sets, but they can be just clothing layered over a base figure, even with robes drooping down past the ankles and over the hands.

Heads will still be separate, probably connected to hair and with their own eyes all on one layer, that would be like a known commercial MMO though.

The first character class would be the Newbie. Basic clothing male and female.

If the deadline is not met (we must meet it) let's make prototype class characters out of the existing playerset sprites.

Should rename the topic to [WIP] New Playerset - CR1 - Meway
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: [WIP] New playerset-Meway/contributers

Post by meway »

I changed the topic. Anyway I will still be working on an alternative I don't think the one I have created is working for me but It may just be the baldness.
Attachments
with hair.PNG
with hair.PNG (2.67 KiB) Viewed 6407 times
Last edited by meway on 08 Feb 2010, 07:29, edited 2 times in total.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Class system?
No equipment combining?
A pixel art noob in charge?

Sorry, I am not supporting this!
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Well than get off your ass and make something. The ea above your head and the fact that my topic is CR1 as well as the fact that you refuse to go to irc server themanaworld.org says you would not support the graphics anyway. I am trying to do something. Before you go and insult me by calling me a pixel nube yes get off your ass and make something. I could have pm'd this to you but you have no respect so why should I?.
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

meway wrote:Well than get off your ass and make something. The ea above your head and the fact that my topic is CR1 as well as the fact that you refuse to go to irc server themanaworld.org says you would not support the graphics anyway. I am trying to do something. Before you go and insult me by calling me a pixel nube yes get off your ass and make something. I could have pm'd this to you but you have no respect so why should I?.
Meway could you be a bit more polite when you are addressing senior developers? The sample given above have more perspective mistakes than currently used one. Also looks very poor.

I am also not supporting class system and any attempts of pre-drawn equipment on playerset. If you are not comfortable with that then fork project, make it on your own and show us how it supposed to be done.
feline monstrosity
Warrior
Warrior

Post by feline monstrosity »

That is precisely what Whispers of Avalon was doing, but no one has posted there in a month (I know, I am as guilty as anyone else!).
~Feline Monstrosity
bcs86
Warrior
Warrior

Post by bcs86 »

i wrote:[...] then fork project, make it on your own and show us how it supposed to be done.
That is essentially saying "go to hell".

It's a shame. Now back to the drudgery of equipment breaking and fixing.

Rotonen has not commented. I don't think he actually supported the class system, or there has been a misunderstanding.

Meway: It wasn't a good idea to post WIP that early. Never expect help from others either.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

The file was commented concept 1 ......... you guys are not very helpfull
AxlTrozz
Knight
Knight

Post by AxlTrozz »

Meway :

Is positive the fact you want to take charge of the playerset, I've tryied myself several times on paper and pixel with not even the minimal success, is not an easy task, but go ahead give it a try.

I would say no to an equiped playerset.

Your first concept is a front view remember the world is 45o from top and the player set if I'm not wrong is 30 deg from top (I think)

May be Irukard would assist us making perspective correct outline of a humanoid like body like this example but 30 deg from top
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

I am willing to create one of perspective. ok The class system was killed, I am fine with that. Still my Deadline is April 24th And I would like to have this done by than. Rotonen suggested that he wanted one with some correct perspective. Crush I am sorry for taking anything you may have said as an insult. It is true I am quite the nuby to you all. I have only been here for 1 year vrs your many. Please assist me and yourself, the community to create something new. Irukard your work is much appreciated and I love your work. I would hope you would help me create this half nude player-set on the way. If axl Len or any other contributor and developer wishes to join our productivity I have no problem with it. Rotonen please state your opinion on this matter because it seems their is controversy without your approval of a new player-set.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I have no idea where this idea of a class system popped up from. Perhaps a very very old wiki document which never gained any approval, but still remained there?

I've stated I'll support the first complete usable playerset which is presented to me and I'm willing to stand behind that.

Meway is free to start his own playerset subproject to compete with the current one. I just want it done: it's been dragging us for years. No one is forced to work for any of the projects, but obviously he is free to recruit staff for his playerset subproject.

As for the quality of it, I'll say when I'm starting to see animation concepts.
This message used to be meaningful.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Hmmmm.... do we still plan on using the same size sprites? (64x32) I mean... there is no reason we can't go bigger or smaller...

it might be nice to have more detailed features if we go bigger...
and we might save time if we go smaller....
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

mhm I like the idea but it needs to be discussed on. Crush? you are wise any thoughts we can barrow? Rottonen you are the head of art? Axeltrozz head of cr1? please discuss ^_^ I am curious of your ideas. I hope for help a well. I should continue this
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Changing the sprite size would mean that a lot of great graphics created in the past become useless.

It would thus be a fatal error.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.