Event Master

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Should TMW have an Event Master?

Yes
65%
No
24%
Unsure
12%

Total votes: 17
iamWayne
Novice
Novice

Event Master

Post by iamWayne »

Hi TMW.
Early back then, Event was generally kept by GMs for us to enjoy.
An Event Master (EM) is refered to as someone who conduct events.
An event master can have events scheduled or whenever possible.
Events in my views, are on the demand.
It would be fun once again for these extinct times can be once more.
best regard on you response.
confuciousnz
Novice
Novice

Re: Event Master

Post by confuciousnz »

wait, what? you want an idea, a suggestion, to be a GM?
rodrigo14
Peon
Peon

Post by rodrigo14 »

maybe, this topic has to be moved to player talk?
I will never surrender
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Moved from GM Community Suggestions to Feedback.

Please note that the GM Community Suggestions forum is only for nominating individual players to become game masters and nothing else.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

I really anticipate the right management system of Manaserv which allows us to clearly separate GMs from event organizers.

On eAthena we have the problem that we can't have people with right A but not right B and other people who have right B but not right A. So we would either have to give event organizers the GM tools or game masters the event management tools.

While this is a technical problem there is of course an easy social solution to it: just tell one group not to use the tools for the other under threat of demotion and ban.

The real concern I have with this idea is another one.

As Lord of the Flies already pointed out, most kinds of events don't require a special status anyway. You only need special rights when you want to spawn monsters or items for an event. As some of you might remember we had problems with a game master a while ago who did ridiculous monty haul events where hard to get items could be obtained easily. Most players surely enjoyed this and gave positive feedback without realizing how these events damaged the gameplay for them and others.

When we would let the community choose event organizers like we currently do with game masters people would surely vote for those most likely to do easy events with huge rewards than those who would do hard events with small rewards.

I think that events where monsters or items are spawned should only be done by people who can clearly estimate the consequences. And these are, in my opinion, only the eA developers themself.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
iamWayne
Novice
Novice

Post by iamWayne »

Crush wrote:I think that events where monsters or items are spawned should only be done by people who can clearly estimate the consequences. And these are, in my opinion, only the eA developers themself.
As you pointed out spawned items, I have read the Items Database and knows such consequences and rare-items. I hav'nt took spawn items in consideration as an event master's ability, but monsters only. I rather to left spawing items to Quests (NPC's) and event-Monsters( such as Easter-Fluffies,etc..).