My impressions of TMW if I may?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Re: My impressions of TMW if I may?

Post by Ceros »

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:A few more wishes....
  • -Lotsa water between Hurnscald and Tulimshar. It could have lotsa new monsters in it, but I can't figure out if I can canoe on/row a boat on/swim in/walk on the water (nobody talks about boats for users). We have streams in caves, too. Could we at least go fishing on the shore line? No fishing poles.... Water makes for a good possibility for a 3D realm, too: go diving, explore shipwrecks, go to islands (continents?), explore underground caves that link to the wells in Tulimshar/desert oases. With 3-D, then there is flying.... cloud kingdoms are totally underrated.
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8700 - Already working on a fishing idea, just in need of some pixel work. I have one person working on a rod and one fish, need some more fish and the extras would be nice to implement.
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone »

A new kind of plant monster: a small flower with vines (unseen unless you execute a certain magic command, tbd) that cause a few local (similar) flowers to gradually join into a battle as a community response to my character attacking one specific flower. The flowers would be densely populated in a meadow or similar.

I'd suggest something like the following:
Vine flower monster needs a life strength scenario that averages along with the amount of flowers that join in attacking me.

Here's how I think of it:
I have, say, 200 health points, I wander into a lightly populated field of flowers;
I attack one flower, it hits back at a rather low amount of damage.
I hit flower #1 say, 3 or 4 times and then a second flower behind me (or to my left or right, wherever the 'invisible vines' connect) joins the first flower in attacking me. Before any more hits, the mathematic average of the 2 flower life points are distributed over the 2 flowers.
If flower #1 started with 90 health points, and I managed to battle it down to 24 points when the second flower joined in at 90 HP, then the 2 flowers now battle me and they have (90 for the new flower + 24 remaining on the first flower)/2 flowers = 57 health points each.
After a few more of my blows landing anywhere on those 2 flowers, then a third flower begins to attack (unless I killed flower #1), and so the progression goes.
Lets say I decided to battle only flower #2 when it came into battle against me, so flower #1 stayed at 57 because I stopped battling it; now assume I got flower #2 down to 8, and here is flower #3 joining at 90 HP. When #3 joins, the 3 flowers now each have (57+8+90)/3 = 52 hp. Yes, flower #2 went down SOME, but now I have 3 flowers to battle.

TMW could offer several types of vine flowers with the individual flower strength fixed at, say, 90 for blue vine flowers, 115 for pink vine flowers, maybe 185 for white vine flowers, and so on.
Characters with lower levels of strength might be able to beat blue flowers, but things get kinda rough for them if they try a weapon with too low of a damage, or they attack a vine flower too high for their abilities.

Variables are:
-my character and my weapons, level, experience, etc.;
-the plants might have a fixed attack distance or might have a computed (but variable) attack distance;
-the plants might have variability from flower to flower (HP variability and/or damage variability), and the balance might not be pure mathematic averaging;
-vines might connect to every third flower so that there is 3 vine networks per one field, or maybe the vines connect to EVERY flower in the field, your call;
-2 flowers to a vine maximum in some locations, 3 flowers maximum in others, 10 flowers maximum in rare places, depending on whatever (location? Tulimshar might need only 2 flowers maximum since newbies do not have skills, swamps west of woodland might have 6 flower limit, saving some higher quantity for those bored level 99 players).

Limits:
-bordering a player means a maximum of 8 active combatants, unless you give the monster an attack distance.

Points awarded:
Well, I guess I'm leaving that up to you folks, but I was thinking roughly exponential according to the amount of vine flowers defeated.

Future:
I suspect there needs to be a plant with cumulative toxicity effects where even if I have to hit only 2 flowers at a time, they manage to poison me like snakes. Call that one poison ivy. :lol:
thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice

Post by thedarkfinder »

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:
  • *Detect monster holdings: a thousand monsters in a given area, which one has the drop I want?

*Detect monster attack power: for the noobs, so they can duck and run from the furries.

*Block player name: some players just irritate you to no end.... this would prevent their character image from being visible in users client, and possibly block any communication from them, block trade, and if pvp is available, decide if pvp attacks should be blocked as well.

*Contextual magic command window could be handy: it only displays magic that works for my current level, or similar.
[/list]
1.) It is a %. If you knew which one it was, it would make the game short and stupid. Mining is the only thing that you can do in this type of game.
2.)There is not that much difference between monsters. If it killed you last time. It will kill you this time.
3.) 4144 patch, you can nuke them
4.)4144 patch has something like that
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

thedarkfinder wrote:2.)There is not that much difference between monsters. If it killed you last time. It will kill you this time.
No. There is plenty of randomness. Most monster types mutate various attributes. The individual monster may also have less HP, so you can kill it before it kills you.
thedarkfinder wrote:3.) 4144 patch, you can nuke them
The base client does all mmmmnatheclumsyone wants except hide the character from view.
thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice

Post by thedarkfinder »

jaxad0127 wrote: The base client does all mmmmnatheclumsyone wants except hide the character from view.
And the 4144 patch allows you to do that. It is called nuked. Once you do it, you do not even see them.

And any idea when the server is going to be back up?
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone »

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:A new kind of plant monster: a small flower with vines (unseen unless you execute a certain magic command, tbd) that cause a few local (similar) flowers to gradually join into a battle as a community response to my character attacking one specific flower. The flowers would be densely populated in a meadow or similar.
So the base client does this? Or is this in the 4144 patch?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:
mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:A new kind of plant monster: a small flower with vines (unseen unless you execute a certain magic command, tbd) that cause a few local (similar) flowers to gradually join into a battle as a community response to my character attacking one specific flower. The flowers would be densely populated in a meadow or similar.
So the base client does this? Or is this in the 4144 patch?
Neither. He's proposing a new monster.
KrystalFan
Peon
Peon

Post by KrystalFan »

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:A few more wishes....

Water makes for a good possibility for a 3D realm, too: go diving, explore shipwrecks, go to islands (continents?), explore underground caves that link to the wells in Tulimshar/desert oases. With 3-D, then there is flying.... cloud kingdoms are totally underrated.

Can one server pass a player to server number two? If possible, then server 2 might have another 1 or 2 towns different from current server. That could ease congestion on one server.
Hmmm.. Once The Mana World Gets Far Enough In Development, Maybe We Could Have, Like.. Factions? Not Like, Always PVP Enabled Factions Though, I've Always Hated That, So Many Opportunities To Meet New, And Cool People, Because All You Can Do Is Kill Them.. Maybe There Could Be, Like, Events.. Where The Factions Engage In Constant, Everywhere, PVP, Like, Earth Versus Sky.. But, When The Event Isn't Going On, Everybody Is Friendly, And Hanging Out.. If, You Get My Point.. XD

But, If That Server/Character Switch Thing Is Possible, That Could Make, Bigger, More Populated Worlds, Much Faster, And Run Smoother.. You Could Host The Entire Sky Kingdom, And Their Lands, In One Server, And The Earth, In The Other.. I Think That'd Be Pretty Amazing <3
In Game Name: FusionUltima (Mage), And ChaosUltima (Warrior Build, My Main XD)

'''''',、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

(08:30:43 AM) KrystalFan: This Isn't The First Time I've Bludgeoned One Of My Limbs Into Paralysis.. XD