JoeyJoeJoeShabadu

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Should JoeyJoeJoeShabadu become a GM?

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 90
BackAssward
Peon
Peon

Re: JoeyJoeJoeShabadu For GM

Post by BackAssward »

melkior wrote:So far you have shown that you have no idea what the responsibilities of a GM in TMW are, and that in a confrontation, you quickly resort to insults.

Those are the reasons people are voting "no."

Not because you're a "hard but fair person."

And so far, in this thread, which is being read by all potential votes, you haven't shown either of those two qualities.

I'm sorry, but you need to re-think your position and spend some time reading the actual GM guidelines rather than make promises based on what you pretty much invent in your head.

I'm sorry if such a negative response hurts your pride/feelings, but ultimately, you brought it up on yourself.
Perhaps I am more worried about what a GM should do, rather than what you think one should do.

I admitted that I haven't always been perfect. You seem to think that is a weakness, but I have always sought to reconcile and make things better. Perhaps you think a GM should be perfect? That is pretty naive, and young to think so.

Cheers.

Edit: I will always follow the rules of the place, but that will not stop me from making my own evaluations (from experience). As I said, if they don't like what I say, then ok, I will be gone. But to attack my experience, is a pretty noob thing too do, I am not new at this.
Last edited by BackAssward on 09 Jan 2010, 11:08, edited 1 time in total.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

Errr... Are we even having the same conversation?
BackAssward
Peon
Peon

Post by BackAssward »

melkior wrote:
BackAssward wrote:a GM is there to deal with social issues
I rest my case.
BackAssward wrote:I am tired to go on with someone who doesn't get what a GM is supposed to do.
My apologies.
melkior wrote:Errr... Are we even having the same conversation?
I thought so.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

*blinks* Okay, I'll just go now. No chances of you becoming a GM, anyway.
BackAssward
Peon
Peon

Post by BackAssward »

melkior wrote:*blinks* Okay, I'll just go now. No chances of you becoming a GM, anyway.
I agree.
hewhohasalongname
Peon
Peon

Post by hewhohasalongname »

even though this might not help our little guy getting a position I did find him very helpful
in fact helpful enough for me to go through the trouble of registering to the forums and going through it the first time
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

I vote yes, The reason, I know joey, he's a good guy, and I think could be a good gm. but nobody knows ;)
Check me on myspace/kalaezhh if like spanish hip hop
BackAssward
Peon
Peon

Post by BackAssward »

Edit: the comment I was responding too was changed. But I will keep my comments as they are.

Nah, no pride has been hurt. I simply stated what a GM should be like in my opinion, if you think I am wrong, great, I bow to your superior expertise.

If you know the arbitrary rules better than me, great... but don't assume the arbitrary rules are sacrosanct. They are a guideline and can change.
daemonowner
Novice
Novice

Post by daemonowner »

@joey: bear in mind that this poll is if the community wants you as a gm
not if you want to be one
Daemonowner ~ consistent player of tmw
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

voted "no".

@Joey: You didn't make a few mistakes, your whole start in this game was a disaster and by trying to fix it so much you just make it worse. Example. You where so very annoying in the beginning, always bumping into conversation people had and then telling them to whisper. Always bootlicking at highleveled players. That was so annoying.
For some time you stopped it and I thought, "yay, he stopped, maybe he is ok and learned it." But then you came to me, and tried to fix something, I nearly had forgotten. ... :shock:
If you are like that as a GM... good night... I mean lets imagine the simple case, someone sweared at you because you enforced a rule. What will you do? Will you kick him immediately? Will you swear back? Will you tell him to please whisper the swearing? Will you warn him to stop? And what about two weeks after that? Can you be near the same person, that is now very calm, without always having one eye on what he says? And after 2 months? The person swears again. Will you go to him like "I warned you two months ago, now you get banned."?
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.