ANTI - BOTTING IDEA ......... NEW COMBAT SYSTEM

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

KrystalFan
Peon
Peon

Re: ANTI - BOTTING IDEA ......... NEW COMBAT SYSTEM

Post by KrystalFan »

I've Played.. A Lot, Of MMOs, And I've Been Gaming For.. As Long As I Can Remember XD

And From, What Little Experience I've Obtained, From Not Having A Life, I've Come To The Conclusion That:

1. Stamina Is A Great Idea, But Try And Keep It As A Gameplay Mechanic, And Not An Anti-Bot Tactic, Or It Will End In The Players Becoming Angry/Frustrated/And Bored, Because Of It..

2. In Game Pop-Ups, As A Bot Check, Is A Terrible Idea.. It Would Just Annoy The Hell Out Of Grinders, Who Have All Their Focus At Attacking, And Healing, And Gathering Loot, Just To Have BAM! A POP UP. "57+89=_?" That Happened One Time, While I Was Playing A Game, They Gave Me Like.. 7 Seconds To Do It.. But, I Was Totally Confused, And Was In A Panic, Afraid I Was Going To Get Banned, Because I Can't Answer A Simple Question.. Well, I Got The Question Right, But I Completely Lost My Train Of Thought, And Got Bored With Grinding Within Only A Few Seconds After The Popup.. I Got Mad, And Never Got Back Online.. <.<

3. A Bot-Check Command Would Be Great, It'd Be Like The Pop Up Thing Mentioned Earlier, But Not Automated, And It'd Let The Players Decide To Test For A Bot Or Not.. I Think That Would Be A Great Way To Go. <3

4. The 'Boss' Monsters, Is An Amazing Idea XD While, Not.. 'Actual' Bosses, Like, Super Stronger Versions, Who Would Take Like, A Whole Party To Defeat, But With MUCH Better Drops, And Experience.. That, Is Always Fun To Have XD

^ My Opinions On Things Previously Stated In The Topic XD

TLDR: Stamina- Don't Go Overboard, But Yes. Random Bot Checks- NOOOO. Player Determined Bot Checks- Great Idea. Mini Boss Like Random Spawns- Awesome, Super Fun Idea. XD
In Game Name: FusionUltima (Mage), And ChaosUltima (Warrior Build, My Main XD)

'''''',、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

(08:30:43 AM) KrystalFan: This Isn't The First Time I've Bludgeoned One Of My Limbs Into Paralysis.. XD
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

KrystalFan wrote:1. Stamina Is A Great Idea, But Try And Keep It As A Gameplay Mechanic, And Not An Anti-Bot Tactic, Or It Will End In The Players Becoming Angry/Frustrated/And Bored, Because Of It..
We're trying to make the new server have mechanics that are fun for players and hard for bots. Stamina falls in that category, though it is something that can be tested on the current server.
KrystalFan wrote:3. A Bot-Check Command Would Be Great, It'd Be Like The Pop Up Thing Mentioned Earlier, But Not Automated, And It'd Let The Players Decide To Test For A Bot Or Not.. I Think That Would Be A Great Way To Go. <3
No. Allowing any player to send a popup to any other player is a bad idea. It could easily be abused to annoy others or keep them busy so you can get the monster/whatever they're going after. A group targeting the same person would be even better at keeping that person from doing anything productive. Rate limits for this are doable, but it's still too easy to abuse, IMO.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I would like to chime in on this topic. I play 7-10 hours a day while at work. Sometimes i have to go afk to answer the phone, answer questions etc. When i do that and i'm in the graveyard, i employ the stack of pennies method. I am afk for only brief amounts of time. I really dont believe that this method is a viable botting method. Also i dont believe that it is really possible to level much with this method unless in a nonaggro area. I think the focus of antibotting efforts should be on simple automated bots. The complex easily work around most rules, even the most complex battle systems.

In regards to botting in high xp areas, i tell everyone, anyone of any level can die in the graveyard. I've seen high 90s die often right next to low 60's. I think these environments where teamwork is required is the only true deterrent to high reward xp gain botting.
sexy red bearded GM
KrystalFan
Peon
Peon

Post by KrystalFan »

jaxad0127 wrote:
KrystalFan wrote:1. Stamina Is A Great
No. Allowing any player to send a popup to any other player is a bad idea. It could easily be abused to annoy others or keep them busy so you can get the monster/whatever they're going after. A group targeting the same person would be even better at keeping that person from doing anything productive. Rate limits for this are doable, but it's still too easy to abuse, IMO.
Well, A Cooldown Was Mentioned Earlier.. Maybe The Cooldown Would Be, For The Person Getting Bot-Checked, Instead Of The Player? Like, You Could Only Be Bot-Checked Every 20 Minutes, No Matter How Many People Spam The Person With Checks.. I Think That Could Better Prevent It From Being Abused XD

'''''',、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

(08:30:43 AM) KrystalFan: This Isn't The First Time I've Bludgeoned One Of My Limbs Into Paralysis.. XD
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

KrystalFan wrote:
jaxad0127 wrote:No. Allowing any player to send a popup to any other player is a bad idea. It could easily be abused to annoy others or keep them busy so you can get the monster/whatever they're going after. A group targeting the same person would be even better at keeping that person from doing anything productive. Rate limits for this are doable, but it's still too easy to abuse, IMO.
Well, A Cooldown Was Mentioned Earlier.. Maybe The Cooldown Would Be, For The Person Getting Bot-Checked, Instead Of The Player? Like, You Could Only Be Bot-Checked Every 20 Minutes, No Matter How Many People Spam The Person With Checks.. I Think That Could Better Prevent It From Being Abused XD
Then it's basically useless. A player can do it on themselves (using another account, say) and not get bugged for twenty minutes, during which time they can bot all they want without interference from other players.
KrystalFan
Peon
Peon

Post by KrystalFan »

Hm.. Yeah, That Would Just Add Bloat To The Servers, All The Botters With 2 Characters.. <.< Damn..

'''''',、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ