My first drawings for TMW - UPDATED

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

The temple in the city (renamed Tulimshar) is not one of the 9 elemental temples,
Thank you. At last someone answers me!! :D
What is that temple for?
Kyokai
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Kyokai »

Possibly for religious purposes. I think it may actually be some sort of tomb (if you took a look at the region map I made, http://img76.echo.cx/img76/3401/tonoriregion4tm.jpg you will see the map inside the city called the "Royal Tombs". I thought this might be a good dungeon to throw into the game).
The Mana World System Coordinator.
View the Systems
So what does the systems coordinator actually do? My job is to take your ideas for TMW and build them into working aspects of gameplay that can be implemented by the artists and programmers. If there's anything you think we can do better or differently, let me know.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

I'm a bit doubtful about having so much water aroung the desert temple...

About the buildings: why a sauna? Rotonen: I'm sure that's your idea :lol:
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Actually I'm against the sauna.. :)
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Elven Programmer wrote:I'm a bit doubtful about having so much water aroung the desert temple...

About the buildings: why a sauna? Rotonen: I'm sure that's your idea :lol:
It came across my mind and couldn't stop it.

If you don't like it it could be just a hut for changing clothes.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Why would we need a place to change clothes?
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Elven Programmer wrote:Why would we need a place to change clothes?
You don't bath with the same clothes you walk on the street, right?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Usually I do :lol:
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

A creature that lives in oasis and bogs. Very tall (almost four tiles high, twice height of the player). Can live in wet places and in desertic zones, very versatile, its thick skin protects him from hotness and sand storms, and keeps transpiration (dehidratation) to a minimum; blood is cooled in those big ears. The mouth is hidden behind its big single lip.
Vegetarian (ruminant?).
Heavy and strong but docile and easily trainable. Not very fast but can survive long periods in extreme conditions. Usually very long-lived.
Ideal for merchants and eternal wanderers (suggest a name for the creature!):
-----------------------------
Some architecture works. The approach here is to show different version of a same thing, just portraying the object itself and nothing else. We will discuss later where we use each one:
-A tower. The dome is made of shiny metal as the windows vertex are:
-Windows:
--Just a hole in the facade. No glass to cover the hole. The shape of said hole is a icon for the mana i'm working on:
--This one has glass on the frame (can they make glass?):
--This one has a inscription surrounding it. The frame is made from wood and has metal inlaid between the frame and the wood that completes the window:

--Just a classic one. Wood frame and glass, with a second frame (darker) surrounding it:
--Some kind of window/balcony. The railing is made from wicker found in the river:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

I really like the concept of the creature, but I'd make it smaller, no more than 3 tiles in height. I already can figure it wondering around in the desert :roll:

Keep up the good work Paj, you made also a lot of good styles for the windows.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Pajarico wrote:Image
Very nice work. Only the one above seems to be to be upside down, but maybe it can look ok.

I'm not sure if you're already planning to do this, but could you eventually upload these images on the wiki, with a description of what they are about? Just that on the forum it tends to get lost easily.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Is not upside down in case you think i screwed it :lol: The logo/icon/symbol i'm thinking about has the same shape and represents the mana (the circle at the top) that flows (the middle part) to the world (lower half-circle), giving life to it.
I'm not sure if you're already planning to do this, but could you eventually upload these images on the wiki, with a description of what they are about? Just that on the forum it tends to get lost easily.
I'll do it. With the silo thing i was thinking about adding it to the Tulimshar's page in the wiki; also wanted to add a page for the monster (when someone suggests a name). The problem is that i don't know where to put the images, i mean in what page, or are you saying "just upload them and we will see later"?
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Pajarico wrote:The problem is that i don't know where to put the images, i mean in what page, or are you saying "just upload them and we will see later"?
That is perfectly fine. I guess you could at least put them in the gallery on your user page. But for example the windows could go into an article about architecture and the monster is fine in monster development. If not sure, there's always the concept art page.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Bjørn wrote:
Pajarico wrote:The problem is that i don't know where to put the images, i mean in what page, or are you saying "just upload them and we will see later"?
That is perfectly fine. I guess you could at least put them in the gallery on your user page. But for example the windows could go into an article about architecture and the monster is fine in monster development. If not sure, there's always the concept art page.
Done.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Btw you should post these into the concentration thread as well.
This message used to be meaningful.