CONCENTRATION THREAD - Tulimshar, phase 1

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

People, this is a thread about concentrating the conceptual development of a certain area.. :roll:
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

yes, we are quite off topic here.

i opened a thread about the boss monster concepts in the suggestions&feedback forum. please continue the discussion there.
http://themanaworld.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=8084
Mkael
Peon
Peon

Post by Mkael »

Some tomb concept:

The entrance:
http://origin.defines.us/concepts/tombEntrance.jpg

Whole thing (it looks like a chappel or something though):
http://origin.defines.us/concepts/tombConcept.jpg

I've got some schoolwork but I'll try to find some time to make a more catholic(?) like tomb (a small cottage made of stone).
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

I'd lose the tower.
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Concept of the lower part of the silo and operation basis. All those piled up circles represent storaged grain. Gravity does the work, the user only has to operate the knob to open and close the trap. The recipient is put under the trap door.
When the level is too low, an alternative door is accesable from the front which requires the use of a shovel.

The chamber below the "ground level" is divided from the "aerial part" with a special stone which has several holes carved into it. Such holes are big enough to pass the grain but not wide enough to pass a hand and steal the food.
This has various purposes:
-Prevent the stealing of the whole harvest.
-Palace always has food.
-If the upper part is broken from an attack and the grain gets all scattered to the ground, still remains some food.

:wink:
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Very nice concept, and great design you made of it. If you could provide an external view of it, then we could start creating tiles for it
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Thanks. The external view is on the way.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

So.. The artist meeting this week was a success (1 artist, I think).

But here's what came up during it:

We'd need to intensify our pixellation of the desert, so basically all you eager pixel artists should divide into 3 teams: desert city - desert scenery - savannah transition into the green stuff. In the lack of a proper pixellation management, form a "committee" and figure it out yourselves, in cooperation. (This is a leap of faith for me.)

And for the conceptual side: wake up! :twisted:
We've been stalled since the pixellation bursted into action and produced some green pixellation, now we have to figure out what the green stuff is and where it is and why it is.

The green stuff is not a priority at the moment. I'd like to be able to show the way and direct the pixellators so conceptualization would be appreciated. Otherwise the pixellators will just do things on their own (which produces fantastic results, but on the long run I think it's more fertile to work on something as a clearer referrence).
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

i made 4 variant desert tiles based on the first one:
the upper tile is the original one. i hope i were able to capture the style.
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Maybe you should create a new one...i dislike the current desert tile style...
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

have you got an idea for a new style?
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

A perfect example of a random opinion, we talked about these already, didn't we?

Let's not get sidetracked here, I want a proper map (hand drawn-ish) of the Tulimshar area. The kind of thing you can see in the movies. For example in pirate movies (without the infamous X, of course).
Mikael
Peon
Peon

Post by Mikael »

Forgot the password of my previous account and the e-mail I registered it on isnt working any more so I had to create another account -__-. Well, just wanted to show this sword concept so you dont get all upset :P

http://origin.defines.us/concepts/swordConcept.jpg

I'll try to get those tombs done.
// Mikael
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Very nice :)
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Mikael wrote:Forgot the password of my previous account and the e-mail I registered it on isnt working any more so I had to create another account -__-.
You can always contact me or ElvenProgrammer (marked on the forum as administrator) about such a problem if you'd like to keep using your existing account.