GY etiquette

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Dude
Novice
Novice

GY etiquette

Post by Dude »

So, I've noticed some less than stellar behavior in the GY and thought perhaps we could have a civil discussion on etiquette in the GY. Some intial thoughts:

PLEASE do not bring monsters (zombies, skels and skulls) outside the GY...the area around the caretakers should be kept clean.

If you are making runs at the chapel, please do your best not to drag out fallen and zombies unless you plan to kill them.

If you are putting Jacko in the freezer (locker?), again, try not to drag too many monsters back with you....

Any other thoughts?
Dude - lvl 99
...and yes I know where my car is.....
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Re: GY etiquette

Post by Lizandra »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I couldn't help it...this topic is so much fun =)
But i agree with you...i died too many times when i left the caretakers house because some people dragged behind some zombies and skeletons...

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

Dude
Novice
Novice

Post by Dude »

Let me also add PROTECT THE HEALERS!
Dude - lvl 99
...and yes I know where my car is.....
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

thanks for posting this dude. The caretakers area is for the lower level folks and healers, so lets try to keep it clean. Its difficult to help in a supporting role if you cant walk into the yard without dying.
sexy red bearded GM
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

Great topic.
But I see one little problem. Sometimes you just get into the graveyard and are followed by a pack of undead immediately. You can't do anything else then die or pull them somewhere. And mostly you will pull them to a group of fighting players. because fighting the pack alone is nearly not possible, diening makes you walk the whole way again.

But at least when pulling too much by mistake... say "sorry". That can happen to any of us.

Other then that I agree with Dude
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Moiraine Damodred
Novice
Novice

Post by Moiraine Damodred »

I always shout "Incomming" or "Run for your life" :D

Death by mob and respawning and walking back is part of this game so I do not see the big deal. Well sort of. But it is not like you loose 1% at death like in iRO (work 2 weeks to gain 1% and have that taken by some n00b dragging mobs on you is rather annoying to say the least ;) )
You just respawn and regain hp with a healthpot while walking back to GY. 9 out of 10 times you are also in time to either gain XP from these monsters and/or gain xp from the monsters you had to leave behind.

It is annoying but it is how this game can work ;)
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

Moiraine partly I agree with you. Of course it is part of the game. And if you die two or three times when you fight there, is ok. At least that is ok for me would it be just that.
I am archer, and not the only one. Most archers will not have any points on vit or luck (I have a few on vit though), that means instant death by one or two hits. There are not always healers around and sometimes your own healingstuff isn't fast enough.
That made me rather go to the mountain snakes even if leveling there takes ages for my level (75). But I would love to go to the GY because you just get good xp there.

So I think a little GY-ettiquette is not bad. I mean it's not a big deal:
- don't pull too big mobs
- don't bring monsters to the GY entrance
- warn others if you pulled too much by accident (Moiraine said that)
- protect the healers

I think that's some stuff everyone with a bit of common sense can figure out even without reading an ettiquette here.
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

don't complain about dieing the GY until you have played a mage there.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

/me agrees
Moiraine Damodred
Novice
Novice

Leela thing is... you will never get all people to follow this.
And I believe that mentioning something like this will have people draw even more mobs to the south side of graveyard.

I know of at least one person that draws a(/some) monster(s) down south side GY but he does kill them off. Heck even I do that with my archer.
Death means the monster(s) are there for the taking.

Kage: mages should not level on aggressive mobs :D :D
LOL
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Moiraine Damodred wrote: Kage: mages should not level on aggressive mobs :D :D
LOL
Actually... Lighting + arrow hail + healing friends = LOTS OF EXP

The only issue is survival, betsanc helps to the point where it takes about 3 hits for you to die... and if your good a kiting, it can be a very rewarding experience.

But its by no means, easy at all.
Moiraine Damodred
Novice
Novice

Kage wrote:
Moiraine Damodred wrote: Kage: mages should not level on aggressive mobs :D :D
LOL
Actually... Lighting + arrow hail + healing friends = LOTS OF EXP

The only issue is survival, betsanc helps to the point where it takes about 3 hits for you to die... and if your good a kiting, it can be a very rewarding experience.

But its by no means, easy at all.
Cool! I did not expect a mage to last 3 hits. Do you ever run out of mp? I love kiting *O*

iRO had 1 big advantage for mages I miss in tmw: you can snipe with mages (targeting and casting over boundaries).
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Moiraine Damodred wrote: iRO had 1 big advantage for mages I miss in tmw: you can snipe with mages (targeting and casting over boundaries).
IMO, that is way to powerful... being able to kill anything with no threat at all...
Moiraine Damodred
Novice
Novice

Kage wrote:
Moiraine Damodred wrote: iRO had 1 big advantage for mages I miss in tmw: you can snipe with mages (targeting and casting over boundaries).
IMO, that is way to powerful... being able to kill anything with no threat at all...
Mages should be vastly overpowerd. Their downfall is them being squishy: as soon as there is more than 1 aggro monster they mage =is= dead.

It seems to work on iRO btw. Mages at are very very squishy so they get the advantage of getting to lvl 70 fast but after they they do require help.

I'll leave it at that :) TMW is fun. I just want more places to level *O*
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Moiraine Damodred wrote: Mages should be vastly overpowerd. Their downfall is them being squishy: as soon as there is more than 1 aggro monster they mage =is= dead.

It seems to work on iRO btw. Mages at are very very squishy so they get the advantage of getting to lvl 70 fast but after they they do require help.

I'll leave it at that :) TMW is fun. I just want more places to level *O*
There are soo many problems with that statement, I do not know where to start.

First mages are not weak. If you do them right, they can take just as much damage as a normal warrior.

you can not level as a mage, period. You just cant. You can level as an archer or a warrior, then reset to a mage. But you can not level as one.

The goal of the developers has always been to remove ALL leveling areas. They create a game in which no one can level anywhere. That is their goal. This is not going to change at anytime.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness