Trade Tolerance

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Trade Tolerance

Post by Big Crunch »

completlyagree. honestly we need a trade house or auction house.
sexy red bearded GM
KrystalFan
Peon
Peon

Post by KrystalFan »

Big Crunch wrote:completlyagree. honestly we need a trade house or auction house.
This, Exactly. With Big Letters Over It, Saying "TRADE IN HERE, NOT WHERE OTHER PEOPLE HANG OUT AND CONVERSE."

Or Something Like That XD

But I Do A Lot Of Trading In Public, Because I'm Annoying (And A n00b), But I Try And Not Spam..
In Game Name: FusionUltima (Mage), And ChaosUltima (Warrior Build, My Main XD)

'''''',、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

(08:30:43 AM) KrystalFan: This Isn't The First Time I've Bludgeoned One Of My Limbs Into Paralysis.. XD
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

@tradeoff
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

Actually I don't know what incidents you are talking about. :shock:
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

If the audience doesn't change while people are advertising their stuff, I do call it spam. If there is a 10 minutes' break in between, I do think I don't say a thing if they had not been too quick in repeating advertisements before.

And well, I'm not THAT tolerant about Trade Spam, because I think it should belong to a market place. And maybe spamming in general should be no problem there... but in Hurnscald most people just want to talk to each other. They don't want to read always the same OFFERs and BUYs from the same person...
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

Who are you talking about? Might be interesting to know. Otherwise I can't think about whether or not I did something wrong because I still don't know what was the EXACT situation. If someone has been spamming repeatedly in the past, I might be quicker in banning.

I know there were was a case when I kicked someone and he didn't come back...Might have been another case though.

The idea of setting a time limit after which a message may be sent again sounds like a good idea.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Lord of the Flies wrote:It is a very common scenario which I have seen more than once.

And if I recall correctly you banned someone for this very reason yesterday or was it the day before?
Looking at the log, there are some long punishments for spam by Katze. Because chat spam and trade spam are treated differently, I do know that malsor was banned for trade spam (28 days). blackman was banned for spam (7 days).
Skydragon BR was banned for spam (12 hours).

The marketplace and the social center of the game have always been the same place. There has been suggestions numerous times that they split, but it remains the de facto center of trade and social life in the game. eAthena development doesn't seem to have any plans to change this (though mana does). So if the game isn't going to create a market on this server, the path of least resistance for the player will be to approach the area with the most people in the game to hear them and attempt to buy and sell their wares there. I'd think it would be more pragmatic to accept that the social and trade centers will remain the same and make people more aware that town center, because it is the social center and trade center, will have stricter regulations on behavior and trade. The city is the same way in fantasy settings, with the city being a force of law and outside the city, law is enforced by force of will.
Current character is "Abolish".
thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice

Post by thedarkfinder »

Oh common guys this is not hard.

Just require every time you sell/buy an object, you use "I am selling"... or "I am buying"...

All other attempts, and the gm will warn you, then ban you.

Then tighten the spam filter.

If player X says, "i am selling..." more then 3 times in 10 mins. player x gets a server ban.

Combine this with gm enforcement of no selling/buying unless you use "I am selling/I am buying..."

The amount of trade spam will drop off. And the gms have a clear guide line. IF you say anything but I am selling, you get a 1 hour ban.

Well it stop it, no. But will it slow it down, and get rid of the really annoying ones yes it will.

Required phrase to sell or it is a ban. Then tighten the spam filter to pick up on the phrases.
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

thedarkfinder wrote:Oh common guys this is not hard.

Just require every time you sell/buy an object, you use "I am selling"... or "I am buying"...

All other attempts, and the gm will warn you, then ban you.

Then tighten the spam filter.

If player X says, "i am selling..." more then 3 times in 10 mins. player x gets a server ban.

Combine this with gm enforcement of no selling/buying unless you use "I am selling/I am buying..."

The amount of trade spam will drop off. And the gms have a clear guide line. IF you say anything but I am selling, you get a 1 hour ban.

Well it stop it, no. But will it slow it down, and get rid of the really annoying ones yes it will.

Required phrase to sell or it is a ban. Then tighten the spam filter to pick up on the phrases.
Your idea seems to have something in it I like... And some things seem strange or too harsh... not sure... I don't get the whole idea. Maybe it's the wording... :wink:

Edit: the ban on malsor was an action taken in consultation with another GM.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

This is all very silly. Honestly whats the point? Trade spam will never stop unless there is a specified marketplace. I think our GMs need to get over it. The community will define trade spam for them.
sexy red bearded GM
bcs86
Warrior
Warrior

Post by bcs86 »

Tired of reading the word "ban" all over the forums. Search and replace "ban" -> "give me his head on a spear", and "spam" -> "maps". Example:
thedarkfinder wrote:All other attempts, and the gm will warn you, then give me his head on a spear you.
Then tighten the maps filter.
If player X says, "i am selling..." more then 3 times in 10 mins. player x gets a server give me his head on a spear.
The amount of trade maps will drop off. And the gms have a clear guide line. IF you say anything but I am selling, you get a 1 hour give me his head on a spear.
Required phrase to sell or it is a give me his head on a spear. Then tighten the maps filter to pick up on the phrases.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

bcs86 wrote:Tired of reading the word "ban" all over the forums. Search and replace "ban" -> "give me his head on a spear", and "spam" -> "maps". Example:
thedarkfinder wrote:All other attempts, and the gm will warn you, then give me his head on a spear you.
Then tighten the maps filter.
If player X says, "i am selling..." more then 3 times in 10 mins. player x gets a server give me his head on a spear.
The amount of trade maps will drop off. And the gms have a clear guide line. IF you say anything but I am selling, you get a 1 hour give me his head on a spear.
Required phrase to sell or it is a give me his head on a spear. Then tighten the maps filter to pick up on the phrases.
uh, ok. Why not use chimpanzee and screwdriver? Randomness for the wha...?
sexy red bearded GM
Necromokron
Novice
Novice

Post by Necromokron »

Lord of the Flies wrote:Some random person in town yells, " stop spamming!"
*Coughmecough*
enchilado
Knight
Knight