Ingame MAP aspect ratio

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Sigtran
Peon
Peon

Ingame MAP aspect ratio

Post by Sigtran »

Hi there, Im obviously a noob and therefore I just have to ask this question:
How can I change the aspect ratio of a world map, coz im playing @ 1680x1050 resolution and the map is less then an inch in size.. which is very much unusable by anyone (me in particular). Other windows have an option of being resized by dragging, but not this one (it has a little "lock" option, but it doesnt seem to matter what i do with it and it only holds the map in place..).
P.S. I would also like to know where QnA section is, because I cant seem to find one, so Im just posting this in player talk...
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Ingame MAP aspect ratio

Post by DarkWater »

Sigtran wrote:Hi there, Im obviously a noob and therefore I just have to ask this question:
How can I change the aspect ratio of a world map, coz im playing @ 1680x1050 resolution and the map is less then an inch in size.. which is very much unusable by anyone (me in particular). Other windows have an option of being resized by dragging, but not this one (it has a little "lock" option, but it doesnt seem to matter what i do with it and it only holds the map in place..).
P.S. I would also like to know where QnA section is, because I cant seem to find one, so Im just posting this in player talk...
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
No, yes, yes, and no.

To recap.

1.) No, there is not a way to resize.
2.) Yes, windows allows you to the that
3.) Yes, it just locks it.
4.) No, there is really no QnA, this game is in pre-alpha. Remember that you do have the wiki and the forums. And F1- which will try to help.

And no none of this is going to change in the for seeable future. The New Server software is coming out. That will cover most of your problems, except the QnA, with will be covered when this game hits beta.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Lutzifer
Peon
Peon

Post by Lutzifer »

You can resize it to anything you like. If you are using windows. Open config.xml in c:/DocumentsandSettings/User/.tmw

user is your user directory please replace it with your username or whatever your directory is.

then simply find screenheight and screenwidth and change them to the desired settings and save the xml file and restart if you don't have these add them to the file.
Sigtran
Peon
Peon

Post by Sigtran »

Thank you for reply's,
First , Im using Linux. I have also played for almost 2 days (!! WEeeEE).
Second, after not finding an obvious way to change the size of my minimap I turned to wiki (ive read almost 40% of it, as ive downloaded the whole current version..), there is nothing about GUI manipulation there. Next thing Ive done is a 10 second inspection of a config.xml file in my game installation directory, all other ingame GUI windows (soz for misleading, thats what i was calling "all other windows") have a parameter of WinHeight && WinWidth, so i naturally added
<option name="MiniMapWinHeight" value="100"/>
<option name="MiniMapWinWidth" value="200"/>
parameters to the file, but unfortunately it didnt work

So after another 10 second inspection of a ./.../tmw/data/graphics/gui/gui.xml file i've found that it only contains default look for every (?) ingame GUI window.

I only created this topic after ive done above. Its just a bit frustrating trying to remember all the quests (no quest journal either ^o_0^) and locations to them.. especially if I cant even read where Im at the moment LOL :P
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

The size of the minimap window is fixed.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

data/graphics/minimaps

Here are the minimap images, and they are tiny. They're not big enough to enlarge. Uh, if that makes sense.

But Jax*; if someone made larger minimap images, could they easily change the size of the minimap? I, also, find it too small to use, at all.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

poison_ivy wrote:data/graphics/minimaps

Here are the minimap images, and they are tiny. They're not big enough to enlarge. Uh, if that makes sense.

But Jax*; if someone made larger minimap images, could they easily change the size of the minimap? I, also, find it too small to use, at all.
OK, it looks like it will resize itself for different pixel:tile ratios.
Sigtran
Peon
Peon

Post by Sigtran »

I see, nice one poison_ivy, jaxad0127
So... minimap images can be changed, BuT there is a problem straight away with the character TO map translation (+ where can i get em, e.g. minimap .png images in a first place? - google hacking didnt help *crying*) - simple change of the resources wont do i guess, as the inbuild game "radar" may not know(?) what it is and therefore the location of the char on the map will be wrong (unless a new map HxW : old map HxW ratio is the same && developers actually used % translation and not a pixel TO pixel..). Any ways, if someone has some working ideas it would really be helpful (to me LOL). Ive finished half the quests - had to use the quest spoiler doh, coz couldnt remember which once ive done and which once i didnt do.. but i guess all of it is on a developers FIXME list :P
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Sigtran wrote:I see, nice one poison_ivy, jaxad0127
So... minimap images can be changed, BuT there is a problem straight away with the character TO map translation (+ where can i get em, e.g. minimap .png images in a first place? - google hacking didnt help *crying*) - simple change of the resources wont do i guess, as the inbuild game "radar" may not know(?) what it is and therefore the location of the char on the map will be wrong (unless a new map HxW : old map HxW ratio is the same && developers actually used % translation and not a pixel TO pixel..). Any ways, if someone has some working ideas it would really be helpful (to me LOL). Ive finished half the quests - had to use the quest spoiler doh, coz couldnt remember which once ive done and which once i didnt do.. but i guess all of it is on a developers FIXME list :P
The function that places beings takes into account image size vs map size in newer clients (0.0.29+ should be).
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Sigtran, you can probably open a map file in Tiled, if you have it, and then untick the Visible box on all layers bar Collision. Zoom out until you can see the whole map, take a screenshot and post into an image editing program. Replace the grey background with transparency, and then lower the Lightness of the image to 0. This should look good enough to use as a new minimap.
Sigtran
Peon
Peon

Post by Sigtran »

Yah, ill try it, thanks, if its gonna be any good ill even post a minimappack ^^
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

I wrote an autocreator for them and was going to release a set of larger ones (not too large) but never got around to it.