realistic intelligence tests (IQ)

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

realistic intelligence tests (IQ)

Post by iceslice »

I got these questions from a facebook app & a book. It may take u li'l time but these IQ questions are worth trying. PLZ, TRY TO SOLVE WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE ANSWER. try as many you can. EXPECTING QUALITY IN POST NOT QUANTITY.

A. Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?

B. Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?

C. A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left?

D. If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?

E. I went to bed at eight 8 'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine 9 'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm?

F. If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first?

G. A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear?

H. Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have?

I. If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburgh to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, What's the name of the driver?

J. Which two words are most opposite in meaning?
imaginary,realistic,illegible,impracticable,radical,embellished

K. 0,100,6,94,12,88,18,82,?,?

L. Five suspects, one of whom is the guilty party, are being
interrogated by the police. Who is the culprit if just three only of
the following statements are correct?

Alf: ‘Dave did it.’
Ben: ‘It wasn’t me.’
Charlie: ‘Ernie is innocent.’
Dave: ‘Alf is lying when he accuses me.’
Ernie: ‘Ben is telling the truth.’

[ my IQ is average :P ]
EDIT: provide li'l explanation if you think appropriate.
Attachments
Question M.  How many circles appear below ?
Question M. How many circles appear below ?
circles.JPG (4.99 KiB) Viewed 2357 times
Last edited by iceslice on 05 Mar 2010, 12:12, edited 2 times in total.
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

Leo
Novice
Novice

Re: realistic intelligence tests (IQ)

Post by Leo »

A. Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get? 25

B. Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days? 1 (January or something..)

C. A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left? 9? xD
D. If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken? One and a half hours.

E. I went to bed at eight 8 'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine 9 'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm? 13.

F. If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first? I would light the oil heater, I guess.. :P

G. A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear? Brown? xD

H. Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have? 1 Apple left.

I. If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburgh to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, What's the name of the driver? Chip? O_o

imaginary, realistic, illegible, impracticable, radical, embellished
Umm, imaginary and impracticable?

K. 0, 100, 6, 94, 12, 88, 18, 82. Next is 30, then 42?

I think Ernie did it =P
Level 74 now, wooh! xD :) (My main char is now Leo!) Image

~Invaders, possibly from space!~
Moiraine Damodred
Novice
Novice

Post by Moiraine Damodred »

A: is 12: all months have (at least) 28 days.
B: is ambiguous: 1 pill, half hour later, 2nd pill, half hour later, 3rd pill = 1 hour.
But it does not include a timeframe of when to start taking time and of when to start taking the pill. If I have to drive 2 hours to get home it would be 3 hours from the moment the doctor tells to take the pills :+
F: You light the match first...
H: I could make an argument for 1,2 and 3: if you take 2 apples you still have 3 if they are yours to begin with :D
I: since you are the driver your answer would be Leo and mine would be Wim ;)
k: K. 0, 100, 6, 94, 12, 88, 18, 82. Next is 30, then 42? if the next one was 30 the last one would be 82-30+18 = 70 (100-6+0=94 94-12+6=88 ... ;) ).
L: Yeah Ernie. How does he know Bernie tells the thruth? I wonder :+
Fluffers
Novice
Novice

Post by Fluffers »

B. Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?
All of em.

Nine.

D. If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?
An hour.

E. I went to bed at eight 8 'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine 9 'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm?
13 hours.

F. If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first?
The match.

G. A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear?
White.

2 apples.

I. If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburgh to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, What's the name of the driver?
I'm not really partial to revealing my name.

Realistic/imaginary

Ernie did it..
Erienne in game.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

A 70
B All
C 9
D 1 hour
E 1 hour
F match
G white
H 2 apples
I ?
J imaginary,realistic
K 24,76
L ?
M 1
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

70 - if you devide something by half it's like multiplying it by two.

all of them, because there are at least 28 days in every month

9 - all BUT 9...

1h - first one without time having passed, second one after half an hour, third one after one hour.

13-x-y(time for winding up the clock and time taken to fall asleep) lol...no...that's wrong...but maybe you have a clock that can cope with 24 hours... xD

the match, otherwise you won't be able to light anything else...

white... only on the north pole...

2 apples...that's what I have in my hands.

nickname "Katze"...it's ME.

1;2 ....yeah...well...

K. 0,100,6,94,12,88,18,82,24,76
+6; -6

Ernie!
Alf is lying, Ben is telling the truth, Charlie is lying, Dave is telling the truth, Ernie is telling the truth as well. It's the only way it works.

Picture:
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

A. Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get? 70

B. Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days? All of them

C. A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left? Nine

D. If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken? Depends when you start

Depends when you went to sleep

The match

G. A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear? It can be assumed that the bear will be a white-furred (but black-skinned) Polar Bear, or Ursus maritimus, since the house must be positioned on the North pole (how he managed to place the foundations of a house in solid ice, by himself, we shall ignore since it is not part of the question). Although Polar Bears do not, in fact, inhabit the North pole - because it is uninhabited - it has the nearest natural habitat of any other bear species. However, another member of the order Carnivora and the genus Ursus (i.e. another species of bear), such as the Brown Bear, the Black Bear or the Sun Bear, could have found its way to the North pole, with not much more effort than the Polar. If we give an 8% chance to each species of bear apart from the Polar, which seems fair given that a Polar is unlikely to visit the North pole in the first place, the likelyhood of the bear not being a Polar has reached a total of 56%, leaving just a 44% chance that the bear is white.
However, the Polar bear still has the greatest chance for any individual species, and so although the colour will most likely not be white, white is still the most likely colour.

H. Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have? Two apples.

Aha! Stop that phishing, you knave!

imaginary,realistic,illegible,impracticable,radical,embellished (though I sense this is a trick question)

Charlie did it

Alf: ‘Dave did it.’ False - Dave is not the killer.
Ben: ‘It wasn’t me.’ True - Ben is not the killer.
Charlie: ‘Ernie is innocent.’ True - Ernie is innocent
Dave: ‘Alf is lying when he accuses me.’ False - Alf believes his statement to be true, so he is not lying.
Ernie: ‘Ben is telling the truth.’ True - Ben is not the killer

M. How many circles appear below ? One.

Also, I didn't read anyone else's answers before I made mine :P
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

this color means later edit
25 gosh how much i hate maths!
all
1,5 so who takes a pill exactly the moment the doctor gives it to you? normaly you get a fist dose at the doctor... or not?
13 (what does wound up mean?)
oil lamp isn't it logical that i lit the match before i saw what is in the DARK room?
since when can all the walls of a house face the same direction?or is it pointing with one corner to the south? anyway since when walk bears along just like that? And what kind of bear is it? totally fell for it LOL and I knew that already o.O just forgot it
2 apples :shock:
Leela
there is no MOST opposite. there is only opposite or not but the only two words in that row that are opposite at all are "imaginary" and "realistic" i think as a not native speaker had to look up 4 of the 6 word... I want more easy words here!
24, 76

I think Ernie is the bad guy but don't ask me how i came to that, I think around too many corners... :shock: I guess I based that on Ernie saying, that Bes is telling the truth because that means he knows who did it, doesn't wanna accuse anyone including himself. because saying someone did it or that he himself is innocent would mean he is trying to defeat himself. So he tries it exactly the other way around. Does that sound logical to anyone else than me?
M. How many circles
one

Later edit: omg now i feel really dumb, reading the other answers :D
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

I am confused if I should disclose the answers while none answered all the questions accurately. Few were very close. I also couldnt ;). I had troubles with two questons.

Well, guys who'll answer all the questions accurately, will get 1acorn+1gp for freeeeeeee as a gift :)

[this is not the best time I started the topic, exams close :( ]
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

A. Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get? 70

B. Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days? 12

C. A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left? 9

D. If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken? 1 hour

E. I went to bed at eight 8 'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at nine 9 'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm? 13

F. If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first? The match

G. A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear? Most likely colour is white

H. Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have? 2 apples

I. If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburgh to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, What's the name of the driver? Enchilado

Ernie is the killer (if that's the way you like it. My first answer was correct also)

Alf: ‘Dave did it.’ - false
Ben: ‘It wasn’t me.’ - true
Charlie: ‘Ernie is innocent.’ - false
Dave: ‘Alf is lying when he accuses me.’ - true
Ernie: ‘Ben is telling the truth.’ - true

M. How many circles appear below ? 1