Magic Casting/Obtaining

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

KrystalFan
Peon
Peon

Magic Casting/Obtaining

Post by KrystalFan »

I Was Wondering Something.. I'm Obviously Very New To The Game, But From The Help Of A Few Very Kind Members (TheDarkFinder, klip, And mrgrey <3) I've Gotten Off To A Great Start In The Game.

And So, My First Character (KrystalFan, Which Whom Is Now 'FusionUltima' Because I Decided To Make Him Anew XD) Was Supposted To Be, Nearly All Magic Using.. But.. Once I Got Everything, And Actually Became A Mage.. I Realized, How Almost Unbearable It Seemed, To Get Magic, And Even Cast It <.< (Though, I Am A Noob, So I Don't Have All The Resources That The Higher lvls Have XD) But.. When Casting Magic, Nearly Every Spell Needs Some Kind Of Item To Be Used To Cast It..

I Understand, If You Were Looking For An Alchemy Like Approach XD But.. I've Always Found That Kind Of Magic To Just Be.. Overly Costful, And Unbearable.. I've Never Been Good With Money.. At Least In Games, And I Can Barely Keep Up With Mana Potion Costs In Most MMO's, Cause I Usually Spend My Money On Better Items, Or My Guild >.> So, I Was Wondering.. Why Did You Choose To Go With This Way To Use Magic? I Myself Hope In Later Versions Of The Game, This Gets Changed XD But, That's My Opinion, And I Don't Mind Keeping With A Warrior Type Character In The Future XD

OH, And My Second Question.. Why Make It So Hard To Get Magic? XD I, Actually Haven't Gotten A Single Spell Yet, Aside From The Ones You Get When You Touch The Seed <.< Because I Never Was Able To Collect Enough Herbs, For The Mana Potion, And Then The Other Thing You Need, To Purify The Lake.. So I Just Gave Up On It.. But, From What I've Read, It Seems To Take A Long Time To Collect Magic.. And, I Wanted To Ask For The Reasons For Those Two Questions? Aside From Realism.. Cause, it Would Seem More Realistic XD But It Just Makes Mages Too Hard And Time Consuming To Use..

TLDR: Why Do Mages Take So Much Time And Effort To Use? It's Unbearable.. <.<
In Game Name: FusionUltima (Mage), And ChaosUltima (Warrior Build, My Main XD)

'''''',、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ

(08:30:43 AM) KrystalFan: This Isn't The First Time I've Bludgeoned One Of My Limbs Into Paralysis.. XD
thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice

Re: Magic Casting/Obtaining

Post by thedarkfinder »

Sorry magic is for the rich. It always has. I would not start magic until you where at least lvl 60.

Most of us, start it then. Power ourselves up to lvl 99 and then turn healer.

The magic system is flawed. Always will be.

Let me repeat, you can not go anywhere with magic until you have competely most of the quests and have collected all of the items.

It is either that. Your you lvl up two characters. One for magic, one of warrior. Get both to lvl 60 and then used the warroir to get stuff for the mage.

The system is broke.
Shainen
Novice
Novice

Post by Shainen »

thedarkfinder wrote:Sorry magic is for the rich. It always has. I would not start magic until you where at least lvl 60.

Most of us, start it then. Power ourselves up to lvl 99 and then turn healer.

The magic system is flawed. Always will be.

Let me repeat, you can not go anywhere with magic until you have competely most of the quests and have collected all of the items.

It is either that. Your you lvl up two characters. One for magic, one of warrior. Get both to lvl 60 and then used the warroir to get stuff for the mage.

The system is broke.
I would think the warrior(s) in a close knit party or guild wouldn't mind getting materials for the mage(s). If I were a warrior in a party I would find the benefit in supplying the mage members after all they are healing me, dealing out critical hits, summoning etc. Though I don't know that this type of cooperation is really going on in mana world. I mostly see a lot of independent capitalism which IMO I don't find much fun.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Honestly, magic, once obtained is terribly powerful. It is terribly expensive, but considering the strength you can have with magic, it is acceptable imo. i do stat resets after every level, just for diversity. As far as not being able to find the herbs for the potions etc, you arent looking in the right place. IF you head way up north toward sagatha, you'll find that area rich with squirrels, herb plants, firegoblins, and mushrooms. Its all a matter of knowing where to look.
sexy red bearded GM