plz have a look on what i want say.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

SAXUM
Peon
Peon

plz have a look on what i want say.

Post by SAXUM »

i really like tmw.
but i find there are many things that must change.

1. we need new stuff (more items)
and we have so many items why we dont use them??!
thats stupid.
i mean lollie pops caramel apple and that many more.
i was on a other nice server but i wont play on it.
something that this game cant need is that the gamer split on many other servers.
that will make that tmw dies.

1b we need new stuff (more monster)
on that server i visit there was snails, golems, fairy..
and also a strong monster that looked good and
had a min chance that it drops rares its really a small one but there is one.
2.jpeg
2.jpeg (103.66 KiB) Viewed 4183 times
2. the important area the town of hurnsland
is really boring and it sux me how it look.

3its a good idear with that rares
but why they must so extremly Duck hard to get??
they shoudl hard to get but why so hard????

4flowers look on that server like they would use iron portion.
that looks very good.
3.jpeg
3.jpeg (30.51 KiB) Viewed 4177 times

6. dunno if that border is there to by us but i find it look well.
1.jpeg
1.jpeg (79.45 KiB) Viewed 4181 times
maybe u can copie the code from it when our dev
want work on that many thinks.

ps
i didnt could post on player talk.
plz move it to there
Last edited by SAXUM on 19 Mar 2010, 17:37, edited 1 time in total.
SAXUM
Peon
Peon

Re: plz have a look on what i want say.

Post by SAXUM »

5. and one think i like the monst i think.
there are somethink like ports.
u can get with them to different places.
they dont tell u where u will be when u go on it.
its like in that mage house u must know where they
will bring u.
Attachments
4.jpeg
4.jpeg (84.35 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Moved from Marketplace to Feedback.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

I understand what you talking Saxum.

Sometimes when we complete all quests of this game, we feel that all over and don't have nothing more to do.

I don't remember exactly who, but, one developer said that the works done for the TMW need be perfect or almost this for enter in the game.

If you look in the works that are made for the TMW (i guess that they are wiki or in the GIT repository) you will understand a little how all works. Slowly but, very nice.

I don't know here, because i am not developer, but some developers work with a thing called "list of priority", that is a list of the things that need be made, before that a new area/map open. The same is for the monsters.

I would tell to you join yourself to the team of developers (art, programation,etc.), but you need, or, be good in what you do, or have a lot of patience for learn all the tip of the developers.

Anyway, you can participate of the events, sit and talk with the persons in Hurnscald, make a clan, help the newbies, or the best of all, turn off your computer and read a good book.

Regards, Tengu.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

1. we need new stuff (more items)
and we have so many items why we dont use them??!
- huh, we have so many but we need more?
thats stupid. - you got it.
i mean lollie pops caramel apple and that many more. - Caramel Apple heals the most HP of any item.
i was on a other nice server but i wont play on it. - uh, okay...
something that this game cant need is that the gamer split on many other servers. - the TMW team only run the Official Server and the Official Test Server. The rest are run by players.
that will make that tmw dies. - why?

1b we need new stuff (more monster) - yeah, maybe, but the Devs are mostly working on CR1 currently.
on that server i visit there was snails, golems, fairy.. - I don't know about the snail or fairy, but Golems are just recoloured player-sprites with no faces.
and also a strong monster that looked good and
had a min chance that it drops rares its really a small one but there is one.
- [Four-Leaf Clover] is the only obtainable rare. The rest are from past events.

2. the important area the town of hurnsland
is really boring and it sux me how it look.
- it's Hurnscald, and why is it important? Because people stay there. Why do they stay there? Because they like it.

3its a good idear with that rares
but why they must so extremly Duck hard to get??
they shoudl hard to get but why so hard????
- they were available at special events in the past. There were less players back then and so less rares were collected.

4flowers look on that server like they would use iron portion.
that looks very good.
- no, it doesn't.

6. dunno if that border is there to by us but i find it look well. - pretty, isn't it?

maybe u can copie the code from it when our dev
want work on that many thinks.
- I don't think that cliff uses much code, actually.

Thanks for your feedback :D
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

What?!

You are honestly playing for keeps on this one?

Wow.

Hate to do this to you, but....

1.) This is a test server, an abandoned one. There is about 100 things for the developers to do. Adding more stuff to the abandoned test server is right below 99. Why would they waste the time and energy improving something that they have walked away from. Even if they did add something, they are not playing for keeps, why should you?

2.) There are about, let say, 20 people that actually do something for the server on a daily basis, not like me or you. But actually do something. The new server needs about 50 people to work on it, they have 20. Can you guess where they people are going to be at? But lets say that they finish the new server. They have a choice between adding to the new server, and adding to the old one. Guess which one they will do?

3.) How many people have to leave the old server of it to be abandoned. 10? 30? 50? Lets face facts, the minute the new server is up and running, the very next conversation will be about getting people to pay it. This will be a carrot and stick operation. They will let the 50 or so people go to the new server, then start to shut down the old ones to finish the move.
Even if they do not do that, the main reason that no one plays the other servers is because no one is on them. The herd will move, the server will be shut down.

4.) So once the server is moved, anything you add here does not mean a hill of beans. New items, quests, and monsters are just going to prolong the deletion of the current server to the new server.

So lets review. The GHP says the current EA server is going to be online as long as someone plays it.

But people are not going to play it because
1.) Mana source and the people that make the game have abandoned it.
2.) Even if they wanted to, they have to move forward not backwards. So all focus on new server.
3.) When no new content is added and people start to leave to the new server. The current Ea server will be shut down, with all your crap you earned soo far being...Well Gone, Gone With the Wind.
4.) Lastly, anything that is said or done, will be forgot 6 months after the new server is online.

Face the facts saxum, we are dead men walking. That bullet has been fired, it has our name on it, it is on target.

So dont get excited, this is only the end of the current server.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

2.) There are about, let say, 20 people that actually do something for the server on a daily basis, not like me or you. But actually do something. The new server needs about 50 people to work on it, they have 20. Can you guess where they people are going to be at? But lets say that they finish the new server. They have a choice between adding to the new server, and adding to the old one. Guess which one they will do?
I don't know how is the sistem of work of the developers, but, they could call some "concerned newbie" for train VERY HARD and help in the new server as with programation as with pixelart.

obs.: this is only a idea

Tengu
gibbon999
Peon
Peon

Post by gibbon999 »

I really need hlp with bone knife and how to get it any suggestoins???
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

DW, I understand your point, clearly the new server will never be completed if the devs don't work on it, so the current one will be somewhat neglected. But, if the devs actually consider the current server useless and/or abandoned, and are too busy with the new server to add new stuff to this one, then why not help and encourage players who like this server to work on new content? I know they say new work is always welcome, but look how many completed/mostly complete items just sit in the database, while players complain about nothing new.

Not bashing our devs here, simply saying it's not very encouraging to someone like myself to put a ton of time into making a quality item when so many stay on the back burner. Whether the eathena server is a dead man walking or not, for the present people enjoy using it and some even still wanna submit new things. I'm sure enough of those submissions will need quality boosts, but some constructive criticism is much better than just thinking it's useless to try.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Grey, lets say that you did make something really cool. For example, Lets say assassin outfit, rock knife, Scimitar, Monster Skull Helmet, or Guy Fawkes mask
. Which are already made. And you spent the whole 30 mins to make a quest for it. Short 30 mins to make a quest 10 times longer then anything on this server, I am a game master, I have done thousands of quests.

You would then have to hack, chop, and burrow your way through the powers that be. Only to be told, that you should join the current projects first.

I am not saying that adding content to Ea, as in meway or arikels Ea, is pointless. I am saying adding anything to the current project, ramming it down the throats of the GHP, and actually balancing it in the end, would take more then 6 months.

Which is surprise, surprise, surprise, is about as long the next server will take anyway.

So if you feel that you have the next 6 months to kill, go ahead. I would start on crush, he takes the longest.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

DarkWater wrote: 2.) There are about, let say, 20 people that actually do something for the server on a daily basis, not like me or you. But actually do something. The new server needs about 50 people to work on it, they have 20.
Lol, I wish we would be that large. Divide the numbers by ten and you are a lot closer to the truth.
face facts, the minute the new server is up and running, the very next conversation will be about getting people to pay it.
I guess this is a typo and you mean "play" instead of "pay", but before any false rumors get spread: no, there aren't any plans to ever make people pay for playing on any of the official servers.
DarkWater wrote:So if you feel that you have the next 6 months to kill, go ahead. I would start on crush, he takes the longest.
Sorry, but I completely retired from content development. I have a full-time job now and unfortunately my day only has 24 hours. So I have to set priorities.

My programming skills are much more valuable for the Mana community and so I use all my spare time which is left for programming. I am not happy with how content contributions are treated on TMW at the moment but unfortunately the times where I can take care of everything around here are over.

The responsibility for TMW content is now in the hands of Jaxad and Kage.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

For the record I meant play. Sorry for the confusion.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Crush wrote:The responsibility for TMW content is now in the hands of Jaxad and Kage.
TMW-eA content.
This message used to be meaningful.
Speiros01
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros01 »

xxxx
Last edited by Speiros01 on 14 Apr 2010, 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
A.K.A "_speiros_", by a mistake I made...lol
var
Novice
Novice

Post by var »

SAXUM wrote: i was on a other nice server but i wont play on it.
You forgot to talk about these mobs :

and new tulim walls:

SAXUM wrote: something that this game cant need is that the gamer split on many other servers.
Well in this case you should remove this page http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Servers from the wiki.... even if i didn't undestand why recently tmw.ufbteam.com server was removed from it.... uhm maybe someone was feared of some cool items that they have ;) (just an idea, i really don't know why it was removed...) but i see that now it is again in the list maybe someone else put it back again :D
poison_ivy wrote: 4flowers look on that server like they would use iron portion.
that looks very good. - no, it doesn't.

6. dunno if that border is there to by us but i find it look well. - pretty, isn't it?
of course someone may don't like them but still... i can see that the devs of this server are trying to add something new in this game, i don't say that quality is not important, criticize works of others in a costructive way is always good if that help to improve it, everything can be improved, even things that are already of high quality :) but imo criticize just with a "i don't like it" is worthless.

well you may don't like flowers and borders but what do you think about wings?

Now tell me that they are ugly, can you? :P

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.