My new topic -.-

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

stava
Novice
Novice

Re: My new topic -.-

Post by stava »

Matt wrote:So, did you really create this monster + items?

Just asking cause the quality of your avatar seems far inferior to your other stuff - your older posts imply that you used ripped graphics in the past.

And I figure that an artist who is able to create such a fine piece of pixel art like this tauren should be able to correct the perspective by himself / create the graphic in the correct perspective from the beginning.

I hope I am wrong, but TMW gets in trouble if it uses stuff the contributor has no right on.
I did create the monster and items, and I also created the player-set :)
Proof for items is my 1st post on this topic: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =8&t=10302
I just made icons out of their body..
For some items I used colors I found on some pictures (I don't know the artists)
Is using somebody colors art stealing? If so, I can simply change the hue in the Gimp. xD
And I said I took Twin Blade (sword #7 idea from Endless Online MMORPG - Image)

This is 2pac I pixeled-v xD
Attachments
2pac Face.PNG
2pac Face.PNG (2.67 KiB) Viewed 2156 times
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Fortunately, colors cannot be copyrighted like that.
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

According to a weird court decision the German Telecom has a de-facto exclusive right to use the color Telemagenta (#e20074) in Germany :)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

Very cool your avatar 64x64 Stava, i will try make one for me too :mrgreen:.
I don't know if you already saw, but your avatar have the eyebrow on the hair.
Attachments
6114.png
6114.png (2.7 KiB) Viewed 2097 times
Turmfalke
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Turmfalke »

Crush wrote:According to a weird court decision the German Telecom has a de-facto exclusive right to use the color Telemagenta (#e20074) in Germany :)
That only applys when it is used in advertisement for telecommunication and they lost most of there proceedings.
I stand beside the holy man
The monarchs fear my wrath
None may move the way I can
Ever the crooked path
a knight
Jetryl
Novice
Novice

Post by Jetryl »

Just asking cause the quality of your avatar seems far inferior to your other stuff - your older posts imply that you used ripped graphics in the past.

And I figure that an artist who is able to create such a fine piece of pixel art like this tauren should be able to correct the perspective by himself / create the graphic in the correct perspective from the beginning.

I hope I am wrong, but TMW gets in trouble if it uses stuff the contributor has no right on.

No, the tauren looks about the same beginner's quality to my eyes. There are a lot of pillowshading/perspective issues - it looks like the same guy created it. I'd believe him.
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

Jetryl wrote:

No, the tauren looks about the same beginner's quality to my eyes. There are a lot of pillowshading/perspective issues - it looks like the same guy created it. I'd believe him.
:lol:
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Yes I made Jetryl post!

@stava: mea culpa!
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

As i said, here the picture of my char :)
Attachments
tengu.PNG
tengu.PNG (2.61 KiB) Viewed 1933 times
stava
Novice
Novice

Post by stava »

Tengu wrote:As i said, here the picture of my char :)
Looks good! Good job :)
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

stava wrote:Looks good! Good job :)
No. It doesn't look good. There is still many mistakes especially in shading and outline area. Also lack of highlight makes this piece of art very lame.
Tengu

Post by Tengu »

Lets see for where i start talk...

1) I like your work mr "i", you really did a excellent job in this game, not only you but all of developers of this game.

2) I will start a subject about the "constrution of the TMW", but not here, because i don't speak english fluently. This subject will be talked in TMW Br (in the forum to be precise), you and all guys that belong to development are very welcome watch.

3) I know that i am a newbie/noob in pixelart, then, thanks for all your tips about shading. However, i have a problem: i dont know shade my pictures, i work better in grayscale. i will take this moment for ask to Stava for shade my avatar (if you want Stava, of course).

4) I know that you is very important in this game, and i respect you, but, be careful as you talk with the persons or his works; i didn't my better for you simply come and call my avatar of "piece of art very lame". "Respect" my friend, this is the magic word of all valuation.

Nothing more for now...

Cordial greeting to all.

Regards, Tengu.
yosuhara
Knight
Knight

Post by yosuhara »

Let's make it clear... It's not BAD but it is certainly not good enough to say "it looks good".. it can appear so, only for the very beginners in pixel art. Iru is simply used to speak raw truth, there's no need to be offended :) Your piece has a lot of room for improvements, before you can call it done. (as Iru pointed out)
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Yay, a japanese player actually coming from brazil doesn't speak english very well and prefers to discuss stuff in some creepy underground forum in which a language is spoken that no tmw developer understands.

Great win for all there.

But I agree that iru is a bit harsh to new people atm, I guess its because he didn't contribute much in the last time by himself :P
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

Tengu wrote:i dont know shade my pictures, i work better in grayscale
But... shading a greyscale image is as important, probably more so, as shading a coloured one!