plz have a look on what i want say.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Len
Knight
Knight

Re: plz have a look on what i want say.

Post by Len »

maybe u can copie the code from it when our dev
want work on that many thinks.
The development team of tmw made it (so they have no need to copy it)

I'm not sure why TMW never released the snail (or maybe they did, I haven't played in a while)

adding random things because they are flashy is rarely a good way to go
Now tell me that they are ugly, can you?
I can tell you that they are fluff (this game currently has no culture) you need a of ton items that reflect the world before you can start adding things that are out of place (fluff should be the exception not the rule)
uhm maybe someone was feared of some cool items that they have
That joke is in bad taste, and if such was true TMW wouldn't tolerate my presence
Pixel Battalion
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Len wrote:I'm not sure why TMW never released the snail (or maybe they did, I haven't played in a while)
No one stepped up to plan stats and drops.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

jaxad0127 wrote:
Len wrote:I'm not sure why TMW never released the snail (or maybe they did, I haven't played in a while)
No one stepped up to plan stats and drops.
Did anyone [REQ] that?
This message used to be meaningful.
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

I can do that in a couple of days, if you want. After spending so much time on the computer working on the Easter event, my mother says I have to have at least a day's break from the computer... and I'm too tired right now (1.33 AM).

I've never done monster stats before but I can figure it out. I can pixel drops for it, too.
stillwind
Peon
Peon

Post by stillwind »

Hi, nice discussion going on here... as a player I want to thank you all for this amazing and enjoyable experience called Mana World, you all deserve well earned praise for what is essentially an evolving work of passion!

I'm kind of surprised to hear that all the different servers are seen as rivals by some though. To me, as a player, it's like a big community of Mana and I played religiously tmw until I ran out of things to do. I was at the point of leaving in search of other cool games when someone told me about other servers. I didn't care about starting again on another server, even relished it, and I'm so happy to play where there is new and interesting stuff coming all the time.

I'm looking forward to tmw's much awaited new version, and when it comes I'll be ready, I'll know because other players will tell me... many players I know play on several servers and enjoy them all. To me it's a real bonus that all these games are essentially the beloved Mana World with interesting permutations. It's actually a good thing for tmw that other servers can keep the dedicated players interested while they develop the new version. Some of you may hold a competitive view on all this, but I can tell you that a lot of the players I meet and know see it as much more as a larger community, all helping and enjoying the evolution. Players don't feel like any server owns them, they go where they will enjoy spending their precious time.

cheers everyone! :mrgreen:
stillwind
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

stillwind wrote:I'm kind of surprised to hear that all the different servers are seen as rivals by some though. To me, as a player, it's like a big community of Mana and I played religiously tmw until I ran out of things to do.
Of course servers are competing with each other.
  • Servers value their worth by the number of people playing on them
  • There is only a limited number of players in the Mana community
  • Therefor getting players from other servers to prefer your server increases your perceived worth
I don't see it as a bad thing as long as this encourages server administrators to improve their own servers instead of badmouthing the servers of other people. The next client version will in fact encourage server competition by listing a list of servers obtained from a neutral source (manasource.org) on the login page.

I also got some ideas for secure and decentralized character migration between Manaserv servers, but this is still just a concept.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
stillwind
Peon
Peon

Post by stillwind »

Yes I understand you, you're speaking of success relative to other servers. This competition is healthy for developing the game, and helps to prevent stagnation... agreed.

And measuring that success according to how big a slice you currently enjoy of the cake. I agree that the size of the slice gives you a good idea of your success relative to them, at least when all servers have the same visibility in the community.

The success of Mana is in the size of the cake though, not of any one particular slice. The size of your slice varies over time organically. My point is that the size of the cake is kept higher because of all the supporting (alternative word to "competing") servers. This means your player base of
limited number of players in the Mana community
is bigger than it would otherwise be.

I'm not actually disagreeing with you... it's only a matter of how you see it. I'm simply suggesting the way I (and other players I know) see it really encourages a thriving community and healthy cooperation.

Keep up the good work Crush :) Thanks!
stillwind
var
Novice
Novice

Post by var »

@Len:

Thank you for your opinion :) about this:
Len wrote:
Now tell me that they are ugly, can you?
I can tell you that they are fluff (this game currently has no culture) you need a of ton items that reflect the world before you can start adding things that are out of place (fluff should be the exception not the rule)
that's what i meant by constructive critics. Also:
Len wrote:
uhm maybe someone was feared of some cool items that they have
That joke is in bad taste, and if such was true TMW wouldn't tolerate my presence
yes you are right that part sounds like a provocation and i didn't meant to... i am sorry for this and i never meant to start a servers war or something like that, i also think that everyone that can increase the global quality of the game is welcome in this comunity.
I wrote "someone" since i don't know who did it, i wasn't refering to a particular person, as you know there are many people that have access to the wiki and each day everyone can create an account and edit the wiki, but i also wrote this:
var wrote: (just an idea, i really don't know why it was removed...)
which is the fact, i don't know why that server has been removed from the wiki, by mistake or intentionally, the point is not why but that it has been done, and in my opinion it shouldn't happen, not just for that particular server (i was talking about that, since the topic was about it's content) but even for the others listed in that page, i can only see one good reason for removing a server and it is if it's no more available, probably what happened was just a mistake :) maybe somebody edited it to add a new one and didn't noticed that deleted the other, but i don't know and again i cannot tell. I just wanted to point out that: "if you look for new servers in the wiki and someone delete one or more of them from the list it's hard to try them..." so as you can see the wiki has this problem, i truly hope it won't happen again but you never know.

@Crush:

This is a great idea:
Crush wrote: The next client version will in fact encourage server competition by listing a list of servers obtained from a neutral source (manasource.org) on the login page.
because probably would prevent that the deletion of one or more servers will happen again.

@stillwind:
stillwind wrote: To me, as a player, it's like a big community of Mana and I played religiously tmw until I ran out of things to do. I was at the point of leaving in search of other cool games when someone told me about other servers. I didn't care about starting again on another server, even relished it, and I'm so happy to play where there is new and interesting stuff coming all the time.
I am agree with you about this and as i wrote before: "if you look for servers in the wiki and someone delete one or more of them from the list it's hard to try them..." and also players will take advantage of a sane competition between servers, as Crush wrote then every admin and devs of each server will try to improve them to gain more players and that as a fact would increase the global quality of the game, or at least that's what i hope :D

Thank you everyone for your time and for your replies :)

Good work and play.

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.

Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

As you can see from the history page of the server wiki article I was the one who removed the server. It happens frequently that people create servers, add them to the servers page and then forget about them and take them offline a week later. When we don't maintain the server list it would soon be full of dead servers.

So I check all the servers there from time to time to check if they are online. When I spot a server offline I don't remove it right away - I comment it out so that it is hidden but can be restored easily. When I check the server page for the next time and the server is still not working I remove it completely, otherwise I unhide the server.

The ufbteam server was unresponsive the last time, so I commented it out. Sorry about the mistake.

The manaserv server list will also remove dead servers. When a server is considered "dead" has not been decided yet.
  • NOT a game master

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Crush wrote:
stillwind wrote:I also got some ideas for secure and decentralized character migration between Manaserv servers, but this is still just a concept.
As long as servers can block this behaviour.
This message used to be meaningful.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Servers can choose from which servers they accept characters and define custom conversion rules depending on the server. But I don't want to go too much into the details because this is off topic here.
  • NOT a game master