Need some suggestions.

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Magick
Novice
Novice

Need some suggestions.

Post by Magick »

Need to know what type of music you guy's want for the next version..then il make it. I already have most of the next version music done but...suggestion's are always welcome :)

~Magick.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

I don't know what we've got now, actually; the music doesn't work on the mac version. I'd be interested to hear what you've got running for the next version, though.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Talaroc: Are you sure music doesn't work? It should..., maybe you're only missing sound tracks, or have got sound disabled...

Magick: come thinking about something that suits the new woodland behaviour and something that will go into the fire temple.
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Hmm...yeah, actually, it does look like I'm missing the faith.ogg file that the client says it's playing. Where could I find that, and where should I put it?
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Get them from here:

http://riekale.com/~rotonen/tmw/

and place it where your data was installed, I don't know how it work in mac, you should ask Nayr about that, anyway you should have a data/music folder somewhere
Talaroc
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Talaroc »

Allright, did that, got it to work.

One thing I would like to see down the road: the music is hindered somewhat by the rather poor quality of synthesization being used. This is particularly apparent whenever brass or woodwind instruments are used; they really don't sound anything like the actual instruments. Now, at some point in the near future I'm going to be acquiring some new notation software (most likely the new Finale). I could, if it was agreed upon, run the already-composed music through that, so as to employ more realistic-sounding instruments. Of course, then there's also the other option, which in my mind would be the ideal, of printing out sheet music and giving it to actual musicians to play and record. The problem with that being that it usually costs, of course, and takes additional time.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Yeah we already suggested to find musicians to play the music, but they're really hard to find, it's even harder than finding pixel artists :P
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Talaroc wrote:The problem with that being that it usually costs, of course, and takes additional time.
Not if we'd put together our very own GPL TMW-Band. :P
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

If you have the score, I can at least try to get one of our university musical groups to do the music.
This message used to be meaningful.
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

I got 3 track's done. If you give me a place to upload them at i will upload them.
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Send them to me and I'll host them somewhere
Pajarico
Knight
Knight

Post by Pajarico »

Now, at some point in the near future I'm going to be acquiring some new notation software (most likely the new Finale). I could, if it was agreed upon, run the already-composed music through that, so as to employ more realistic-sounding instruments.
And the question is...is that legal? does the use of your licence allow you to distribute your works? i guess yes, but under the GPL?
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

Im trying to get a hold of you now but your away :P. Just PM me whenever you get on msn. Thanks :)

~Magick.