[WIP] Wedding quest

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

enchilado
Knight
Knight

Re: [WIP] Wedding quest

Post by enchilado »

I'm a pixel-artist...

Now,

1) It is very bright (but may look better against a background; you could upload an image of this)
2) Why is the veil not covering her face?
3) The inventory icon looks fine

So

1. See if it looks too bright against a background, tone it down if so
2. Make a Dead frame
3. Uh

I think it looks pretty good myself.
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

poison_ivy wrote:1) It is very bright (but may look better against a background; you could upload an image of this)
[...]
1. See if it looks too bright against a background, tone it down if so
I think you mean that it's too "white" and too translucent for a bright background (something like the forum background or the snow landscapes in TMW). I also recognized this but I don't know how to come around this because I wanted a bright white veil for the bride. I think and hope that it will look good in the existing landscapes except for the northpole. But I will have a look how it looks on different backgrounds.
poison_ivy wrote:2) Why is the veil not covering her face?
That's because I thought of a veil which is fixed at the back of the head and doesn't cover the whole head. So it's sitting on the backside of the head and therefore it can't cover the face.
poison_ivy wrote:3) The inventory icon looks fine
Thanks. :-)
poison_ivy wrote:2. Make a Dead frame
I'm on my way. Will do it when I tested a few backgrounds and the brightness thing.

Thanks for the advices. I hope that I can get this thing done before christmas (without animations). :-)

Greetings,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

Sorry again for doubleposting, but I really like to push this one a bit forward. I hope you don't mind.
I made an image with a bit grass as background to look how the veil looks like. And it's more or less the way I wanted it to look. It's a bit translucent so that you can see the background gleaming through the veil. :-)

So the next thing you will see from this one will be the "dead-frame" :twisted:

Greetings,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

hmmm...maybe this is a silly question, but have you tried the veil with hair? i mean, all hairs? or is it irrelevant?

:o

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by i »

Lizandra wrote:hmmm...maybe this is a silly question, but have you tried the veil with hair? i mean, all hairs? or is it irrelevant?

Whoa! Bald bride XD
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

Lizandra wrote:hmmm...maybe this is a silly question, but have you tried the veil with hair? i mean, all hairs? or is it irrelevant?

No, I didn't try this, but I hoped it doesn't matter, does it?

Greets,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
TheBasilisk
Novice
Novice

Post by TheBasilisk »

Dicekid wrote:

No, I didn't try this, but I hoped it doesn't matter, does it?

Greets,
Dicekid
The hair might be "bigger" than the veil, and stick out as if the veil had been cut to allow the hair to come out.
Hissssss...
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

TheBasilisk wrote:The hair might be "bigger" than the veil, and stick out as if the veil had been cut to allow the hair to come out.
I just tested the different hairstyles and found it's not that problematic (there are even worse combinations of other hats and haircuts). :) So it fits very well for the most hairstyles. But during this I found out that it's not that easy to get the correct coordinates for the xml file. Is there an easy way to get the coordinates except try and error :?:

Greetings,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

So Dicekid, any news about this?

I promise to install GIMP and read some tutorials about pixel art when my exam season is over =) i.e., i'll start the next week - that way i must be able to "help" you with this gigantic task (or die trying :lol: )

Devs...i know you all should be busy atm and i'm sorry to bother you, but could you give a little reply on Dicekid's work, and his wife's...the veil + the shirt...ah and my tuxedo concept too (this one, only if you want to)...I did it in paint....bah for me, i know....I'm going to learn how to do it well, i promise

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

Hi Lizandra,

I'm really sorry, but since the new year began I had a lot to do at work and so there is not much progress on the veil. But I will try to make some time free for it. :-) Really.
Anyway, thanks a lot for your support.

Greetings,
Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

To push this one a little up I made something. But don't expect too much as I have not much time.
But here we go.
I made a dead-frame and I wrote some xml stuff. At the moment in the .xml there is a lot of stuff which is not needed as the animations are not done. But I kept it in there for future developement. Actually the .xml originally is from the desert hat.

Now this is a pic of the different frames (I believe you can guess what is what):

Please make some comments (something with which I can work).

During testing different hair cuts I found something which was not that good. The hair cuts are all good and don't make problems. But gloves are a problem. It's just a minor thing but I don't know how to work around this without abandon the whole work I allready did, because therefore the design of the veil has to change.

Here's a screenshot of me wearing the veil (just for testing purpose!):

That's all for now, I hope you like it. If not please tell me so and what you don't like and why.

Dicekid

P.S.: And sorry for doubleposting, but otherwise the thread would not be pushed. I hope you don't mind.
Roll the dice, kid!
Sookill
Peon
Peon

Post by Sookill »

Isent this dress from Aethyra?
if i recall correctly , this dress is Frictors creation.

EDITED: sorry, im after looking at the first post again, you alredy know ;P//
supermanfan
Peon
Peon

Post by supermanfan »

Dicekid wrote:To put this one a bit forward, I changed the valentine dress from red to white so that it fits more for a wedding :-)
What do you think?
Here's the item for the inventory:
And here if you wear it:

The original I used as starting point was from Frictor as stated in the first post and is under GPL.

Greetings
Dicekid

really amazing dress in my opinion. good job.
Dicekid
Peon
Peon

Post by Dicekid »

supermanfan wrote: really amazing dress in my opinion. good job.
The dress is not done by myselft, I just recolored it, what was absolutely unnecessary. Just look at the first posting.

What I'm really interested in, is how the veil looks like and what I can do better on the veil (just a few posts above).
And I'm still looking for someone who could make a flower bouquet for the bride. But that's all in the posts at the beginning.

Thanks and regards,

Dicekid
Roll the dice, kid!
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I really love the dress, and i would love to see this kind of thing in the game.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.